Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best TV Chef?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bring back Graham Kerr ...The Galloping **** with his creepy Liberace smile.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I`d like to see Ramsay mouthing off about how tough cooking is on some of the sites I`ve worked on. He`d need more than a small bottle of virgin olive oil to get the scaffold pole out of his arse I can tell you.

I remember when you had to work at Legoland.. not just the Olive Oil was virgin

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Quite right, why anyone would want to eat anything other than spam and happy shopper frozen pizzas is beyond me.

good job you have the sainsburys in denton now eh otherwise it would just be the drive in mcdonalds or into newhaven for chips.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The winners are......................(Feckin anoying)

Attachments

• article-1195340-0577FCB5000005DC-771_468x286.jpg
    article-1195340-0577FCB5000005DC-771_468x286.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 98

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Obvious, so obvious: Ching-He Huang, she had a prog on BBC called Chinese Food Made Easy.

What she cannot do with a wok isnt worth knowing about.

Attachments

• ching-he-huang.jpg
    ching-he-huang.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 85

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ainsley Harriott :

One of my ex bosses told me that he sacked him as he was useless. He was apparently very good at using the best cuts off of a beef hind quarter but had no idea about using the cheaper cuts so consequently could never make a profit, which is the whole point of being in business in the first place.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
well i like Ramsey. the arrogance is part of being a top chef i think as its all about perfection. but theres a little more honesty about him.

but Floyds the daddy, simple rustic style that you watch and think "i can do that". im not sure many would agree but Oliver is his modern equivilent i think, apart from putting olive oil on everything, its basically good home cooking.

Wirrel whats-his face is an utter cock having met him. seriously pretentious.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I like Ramsay too - although I think he's spreading himself a bit thin these days.

I've only met two TV chefs; Anton Mossiman (on TV a lot in the early 90s) who was a really nice bloke and Keith Floyd who was totally pissed at about 10.30 in the morning - not a good sign really.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
well i like Ramsey. the arrogance is part of being a top chef i think as its all about perfection. but theres a little more honesty about him.
what like claiming that all food is cooked on the premises, then being caught bang to rights when it was discovered that most of the food for his gastropubs is prepared in a warehouse in ealing ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I like Ramsay too - although I think he's spreading himself a bit thin these days.

I've only met two TV chefs; Anton Mossiman (on TV a lot in the early 90s) who was a really nice bloke and Keith Floyd who was totally pissed at about 10.30 in the morning - not a good sign really.

Must admit I like him as well. My missus met him a while ago...said he was the perfect gent.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Whilst not the most imaginative he is, technically, one of the best chefs around.

I do have a fondness for the nuttiness of Heston Bluhmental as well. I'd love to have dinner at his place, although the missus did roll her eyes when he got a vacuum hoover to aid making a cake.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
why, did he give her the money for a cab home from the hotel ?

I guess you know a thing or two about cooking, werent you in the Catering Corp?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here