Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Sports Commentator Ever

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Whilst I enjoy F1, Martin Brundle I find patronising and entitled. His view that if you are on the grid at the beginning of the race, then you are fair game is an indication of this entitlement. Crofty is ok, his fake voice elevation at things that are seemingly supposed to be exciting but are not, is somewhat amusing until it gets annoying....

For me the likes of Richie Benaud and Tony Greig are hard to beat. These were the voices of my childhood on the radio whilst in my grandfathers vegetable garden...or on in the car travelling to various sporting events....

and the 12th Man just made them better...every pigeon hereafter is known as Wendy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have always loved the TMS crew (from listening to the Ashes under the bedcovers around Christmas as a kid in the 70s to the present day). They haven’t really had a bad voice in all that time. I was lucky enough to meet John Arlott a few times through work.

Waddell was a genius…..absolute one of a kind. Also love listening to Allis, Barry Davies, McLaren, Benaud, Brian Moore (both of them)…..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here