Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best player to play against the Albion in Brighton

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Ossie Ardilas for Spurs, I think it was 81 at the Goldstone in a midweek game , awesome display

Agree,Archibald and Crooks were brilliant up front as was Clemence in goal Ardiles as described,Crooks and Ardiles scored.

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
For me it was Ian Rush. Very sharp.

Best team performance was a Sheffield Wednesday ( :lolol: ) team from about 1989. We lost 0-4, John Sheridan passed us to death. We were lucky to get nil.

Surely the best team performance against us must be that dark day in December 1973 when Smash and Grab (Warboys and Bannister) contributed to a 2-8 thrashing.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Of more modern times, Vincent Kompany was in the Man City side the night we knocked them out of the league cup at Withdean in 2008

Rush, Dalgleish, Gascoigne, Le Tissier......there have been plenty of greats at our grounds over the years

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
In more recent years, I thought Stephen Ireland when he was playing for Man City was huge against us in the cup game at Withdean. But that might have been against a backdrop of his teammates being pretty dire.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would say either Liam Brady in our first game in Div 1 or Gary Lineker in a testimonial I never realised how quick he was over 5 yds. For us was Dennis Mortimrer ex Villa he oozed class.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Surely the best team performance against us must be that dark day in December 1973 when Smash and Grab (Warboys and Bannister) contributed to a 2-8 thrashing.

Funny how there used to be great strike partnerships doesn't seem to happen nowadays. Ted McDougall and Phil Boyer another pairing. Ted McDougall scored 9 against Margate in the FA cup. There used be a great quiz question about them "the two forwards who played together in all four divisions of the football league"

Snarkey5

Banned
Feb 8, 2011
not the best player, but a standout performance was a young dean ashton playing for crewe at the withdean, think he got 2/3 goals that game?

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Andy Goram for Oldham in a mid week game I think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here