Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best player in your school football team

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
player call Jay Lovett he wasnt the best player, but he went on to yts for Plymouth, moved to brentford and then went to crawley, he does soccer schools for the albion at my gfriends kids school.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
One or two might have had trials with Albion...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
My best man Justin (same year at school) forced Ian Chapman out of his left wing position in the Sussex schoolboys side.

Chapman was moved to left-back and the rest is (a couple of lines in) history.

Justin, meanwhile, discovered girls and booze at 15 - and gave up football soon after.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
4 years trial at Aston Villa, then didn't take a contract at Dublin City (who are now bankrupt), now plays GAA instead.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
In a few years above was a guy called, Joe Solola (sp?) who was absolutely brilliant. He played a few times for the reserves, must have been about 1985-86, but didn't make it any further. Don't know what he did afterwards. he was an excellent cricketer as well.

James Luto was thebest in my year. Could well have made it in the lower leagues, but got a bad knee injury at about 19, and only played semi-pro after that.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Russell Martin, who plays for Wycombe, was in the year above me

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Slightly different in my youth growing up in SWEATY, very little school football as the best players get snapped up by the 'Junior' (equivelent of County league sides here) sides for their Over 12 and above sides.

Played in the same side as Scott Booth who went on to play for Borissia Dortmund and Scotland, David Robertson who went to Rangers and Roy McBain who still plays for Inverness CT.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
The great dan Harding was a few years above me. Their tactics were give Dan the ball and let him score!!

Not sure what happened to him though....

While were on the subject, Hugo Southwell, Scotlands full back for rugby also went to my school. Was more well known for his cricket though.

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
Played in the same county team as Adam Virgo (playing sweeper), Dan Harding (playing left wingback), Pat Harding, and Ollie Rowland (had a 1yr contract with the Palarse). We were half decent:lolol:

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
Someone from my year now plays for Coventry Citys youth team.

And someone else i went to school with is playing for the McDons youth team, and has just broken into their reserves as well, at 17.

Used to play football with both of them at lunchtimes etc, Although I wasnt as good as them obviously!!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Micky Conway came from Cottesmore when Newman was created and we played in the same team. He went on to play for the Albion - he was superb. When he played we simply knew we were going to win.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Knightsworld said:
Carl Tiler was in my year at junior school, i can't remember whether we played in the school team together or whether he had moved on by that time.

The weatherman?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I was the best player in my school team.

See the thread about NSCrs sporting achievements.

:down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here