Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best player in the championship?

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Oh I know, but the "best" player in the Championship/PL/World/etc. ALWAYS seems to favour attacking midfielders or forwards. I never hear of a defender (or keeper!) being the best player.

yeah valid point. No one is ever going to choose a defender as the best player for being the most solid centre back agreed!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
OK, your first post reads:

All that answers is that you don't actually know much about the Championship and perhaps opinions from other teams would help improve your knowledge.

Brilliant advice. All the Palace trolls think Palace players are the best. As surprising as it is informative. If you have any more bright ideas please feel free to share them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'll go with this . I'm gonna go with a palace player who IMO wins every midfield battle and is a real leader . I acknowledge bridcutt is good but I haven't seen enough of him to compair with Jedi .

He's better.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
He's better.

In your opinion. But with all due respect, it's prob not the best view to listen to as a) you will be biased and b) I doubt you've seen Jedinak play more than 3 or 4 times. But the same applies to me and most Palace fans on here, I've always in the past jumped in and said Jedi without a doubt as he is bloody fantastic everytime I see him but then again I have only seen Bridcutt on a few occasions, it's hardly a fair comparison.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
In your opinion. But with all due respect, it's prob not the best view to listen to as a) you will be biased and b) I doubt you've seen Jedinak play more than 3 or 4 times. But the same applies to me and most Palace fans on here, I've always in the past jumped in and said Jedi without a doubt as he is bloody fantastic everytime I see him but then again I have only seen Bridcutt on a few occasions, it's hardly a fair comparison.

I was going to say we'll find out in 10 days time but then I realised both sets of fans will deny what happens right in front of them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

True. But

A) This isn't a palace thread (I thought u lot weren't allowed to post)

B) I saw Jedi play a lot last yr and his passing was laughable. I accept he's obviously got a lot better etc but last yr I'd have had his name In the 'worst players in the championship'. Just below Ryan Harley.

C) B) isn't actually biased he couldn't manage a 5 yard pass.

Feb 3, 2013
This is so true, if Vicente played a season from start to finish, he would end the season as the best player in the champ and would probably be sold to a PL club

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I was going to say we'll find out in 10 days time but then I realised both sets of fans will deny what happens right in front of them.

Not really fair to judge on that one game as you're at home, I'm not trying to make excuses but that gives you a significant advantage before a ball has been kicked.

Last edited:

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
I'll go with this . I'm gonna go with a palace player who IMO wins every midfield battle and is a real leader . I acknowledge bridcutt is good but I haven't seen enough of him to compair with Jedi .

Out of interest where did you get Jedinak from? Heard a lot about him this season but very little if anything before. Is he a new signing for you this year or just improved a lot this year (or was he aways good and I just hadn't heard of him?)

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Players in with a shout for me would be:

Josh McEachran (loan)
Matt Mills
Paul Robinson
Leon Best
Mark Hudson
Craig Bellamy
Robert Koren
Wes Morgan
Liam Bridcutt
Tom Ince
Andy Reid
Jamie O'Hara
Vicente
Charlie Austin
Winifred Zaha (loan)
Matthew Upson (loan)

Listed 3 Brighton players there but seeing them most weeks you're going to be a bit bias.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
True. But

A) This isn't a palace thread (I thought u lot weren't allowed to post)

B) I saw Jedi play a lot last yr and his passing was laughable. I accept he's obviously got a lot better etc but last yr I'd have had his name In the 'worst players in the championship'. Just below Ryan Harley.

C) B) isn't actually biased he couldn't manage a 5 yard pass.

True, I don't wish to turn this into another Brighton v Palace thread so this will be my last post on the subject. He was poor in his first few months with us but by Xmas he was changing people's opinions on him as he adapted to the league, prob a bit like Lopez for you guys. This year he has been unreal and will easily win POTY, pretty impressive considering Murray has 28 goals and it's only March and we have a £15 million pound winger!

Do you think you can hold onto Bridcutt if you don't go up? I fear the Prem vultures will swoop for Jedi if we don't get promotion, Stoke were close to a bid in January apparently.

Out of interest where did you get Jedinak from? Heard a lot about him this season but very little if anything before. Is he a new signing for you this year or just improved a lot this year (or was he aways good and I just hadn't heard of him?)

You'll only hear a lot about him from Palace because it reality he's not really anything special. Bit of a lump with a spade for a right foot.

Burke at Birmingham is good. Polish guy at Forest looks good as well.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
True, I don't wish to turn this into another Brighton v Palace thread so this will be my last post on the subject. He was poor in his first few months with us but by Xmas he was changing people's opinions on him as he adapted to the league, prob a bit like Lopez for you guys. This year he has been unreal and will easily win POTY, pretty impressive considering Murray has 28 goals and it's only March and we have a £15 million pound winger!

Do you think you can hold onto Bridcutt if you don't go up? I fear the Prem vultures will swoop for Jedi if we don't get promotion, Stoke were close to a bid in January apparently.

No, I expect him to go.

Ps you mistyped 10 (TEN) million

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It isnt Vicente - yes he has skill but he barely plays.

You cant pick just 1 player, but my top 5 are Zaha, Ince, Austin, Rhodes, Bridcutt.

The fact he barely plays has no bearing whatsoever on what we're discussing...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here