Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Mob Seen At Brighton?

Best Mob Seen At Brighton?

• Total voters

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I'd add Arsenal in '79 to the list - the night they took the North Stand. Got a broken nose after that one.

not on duty that night,it clashed with stranglers gig,but when i came out of the brighton centre a load (50) of arsenal were just walking pass,thought it was gonna kick off there and then,but limited to a few insults and chip throwing,all abit disappointing really,at first i thought it was the finchley boys

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
No one remember Oxford in Hove Park 1984 or Northampton 1987?

i do remember some northampton getting chased down pass the main stand,night game?but so many people were coming out from the main and south,couldn't see the wood for the trees

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
Bristol Rovers should get a mention.

Birmingham about 1994/95 were quite special. Lived on Guildford Road by the station and met a thirsty angry mob who weren't happy about something. Knew they must be Blues because that's basically Blues fans. Even the name for f sake. The police had closed all pubs near the station as in Queens Road. Asked with the question 'are they no f***ing pubs open round here you gay cock' I had to not smile and say the one behind you (Battle of Trafalgar) is open but if you want cock try the Sussex Yeoman over my shoulder. Cheers mate and we parted company.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Bristol Rovers should get a mention.

Birmingham about 1994/95 were quite special. Lived on Guildford Road by the station and met a thirsty angry mob who weren't happy about something. Knew they must be Blues because that's basically Blues fans. Even the name for f sake. The police had closed all pubs near the station as in Queens Road. Asked with the question 'are they no f***ing pubs open round here you gay cock' I had to not smile and say the one behind you (Battle of Trafalgar) is open but if you want cock try the Sussex Yeoman over my shoulder. Cheers mate and we parted company.

i remember the 8-2,at the final whistle it seemed like the whole north stand had just heard the starter gun for the 100 metres,you could see the rovers fans running left and right trying to get out of the south stand

city,no mugs either,if there was only one team in bristol,they'ed be real tasty

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
download.php

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
i remember the 8-2,at the final whistle it seemed like the whole north stand had just heard the starter gun for the 100 metres,you could see the rovers fans running left and right trying to get out of the south stand

y

I see the lights are flashing,
We`re all going Bristol bashing,
La la lala la la la la laaaaaaaa

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'd add Arsenal in '79 to the list - the night they took the North Stand. Got a broken nose after that one.

Blimey Catfish.....Grimsby, Arsenal ? How many times DID you get beaten up ?

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I thought Spurs all went to the Reserves game took lots of tickets, causing a record attendance then took the North Stand?

In those days you could get tickets either from the ticket office or at the turnstiles at designated games, some were 1st team others were reserve or youth games so you could be right (Although I thought the massive reserve attendance was because of the Derby cup game the season before) Loads definitely came over the fences though

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
not on duty that night,it clashed with stranglers gig,but when i came out of the brighton centre a load (50) of arsenal were just walking pass,thought it was gonna kick off there and then,but limited to a few insults and chip throwing,all abit disappointing really,at first i thought it was the finchley boys

I was at that gig as Hugh Cornwell made mention of the fact that we were heading to Highbury (cup game - draw?)

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder

I managed to do both . Pre booked a taxi at The Hove park tavern and saw the game and the gig. Always remember thinking Hugh Cornwall dave it extra gusto when he chanted flock of seagulls during Toiler on the Sea. Also seem to remember him standing stage front and pointing his arms in a wide arc as well .

Ironically also left the first ever Div 1 game very sharpish in 1979 , also against Arsenal to go and see The Stranglers and The Who at Wembley Stadium

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I was at that gig as Hugh Cornwell made mention of the fact that we were heading to Highbury (cup game - draw?)

I remember that as well now. The Stranglers being sort of local ish were quite au fait with the Albion. . I think they were the Guildford Stranglers before dropping the Guildford, I used to share the same dentist as the keyboard player Dave Greenfield in Hollingbury. He took name from the road he grew up , Greenfield Crescent in Patcham.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
PFJ & u'vebeenamexed

spot on lads,forgot all about hugh cornwell's reference to the replay,but now you mention it

defnitely remember the "a flock of seagulls" bit,always thought dave,being from brighton must of give hugh the nod

stranglers at wembley with the who,was the one with hugh banged up in pentonville,i think ian dury done abit of singing

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I think I remember that Stranglers Gig too - did they do Five minutes? It might have been the Suite though I saw so many I'm not sure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here