Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Mob Seen At Brighton?

Best Mob Seen At Brighton?

• Total voters

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
nope - cash on the door. Can't recall if we even did all ticket games in 1978?
I had a ticket for the North Stand - fairly sure it was all-ticket, wasn't it?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Think that was for the Derby League Cup game.

The reserves game that evening recorded a 16k+ attendance with about 15k going through the turnstiles and then back out of the gates.

Palace at the amex... These guys were really scary! They smashed a toilet and ripped out a seat. They were so tough that they had a go at a female steward. The scenes in the town centre was frightening, they sung the one song they knew and looked at people in suits really menacingly.one scary gangster pushed in the queue at the park and ride and then ran away so fast it was scary...they are mean!!! Oh sorry I thought the thread was best knobs!!

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
most were in front of the West Stand (to start with). F Troop, Treatment (wearing surgical masks!) and Half Way Liners I recall. It was ok until we equalised, then some fool scored the winner for Albion. Full time whistle followed by sprint training along OSRoad.

"Who are the prats in the J-Cloth hats do da, do da" .........remember it well - two nil down at half time - won 3:2

Jan 30, 2008
just reading through this lot and the usual suspects appear, it's ok bringing a good mob but it doesn't always have to be the numbers game, Sunderland ,Boro and Newcastle not to be sniffed at Man city ALWAYS game but I'll throw Port Vale in the mix ???

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
just reading through this lot and the usual suspects appear, it's ok bringing a good mob but it doesn't always have to be the numbers game, Sunderland ,Boro and Newcastle not to be sniffed at Man city ALWAYS game but I'll throw Port Vale in the mix ???

I'll see your Port Vale, and raise you a Burnley.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
nope - cash on the door. Can't recall if we even did all ticket games in 1978?

Was all ticket as were southampton & palace in the same season, they got in the north stand by coming over the fence from the east.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
It was the surgical masks and general thuggery. I think, although memory may be fading they were all positioned underneath the west stand

They were. I got in the West Stand seats as a one off with one of my father's friends that day and the filthy animals tried to climb up into the seats. They really had/have nothing to do with football. Millwall are sub-human.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
They were. I got in the West Stand seats as a one off with one of my father's friends that day and the filthy animals tried to climb up into the seats. They really had/have nothing to do with football. Millwall are sub-human.

I remember the carnage in Fonthill road after the game .People were fighting in gardens especially the raised ones on the left as you go towards Newtown Road. A resident came out to complain and got dragged into it all . Truly frightening .

I'm sure there have been worse or equal .That decade and the decade that followed almost made it a regular thing. But that's the one that sticks in my mind.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
PRESTON NORTH END 78-79 or 79-80 cant remember which season ,but orrible fuckers inside and outside the goldstone.

is that the game when they had bobby charlton as player/manager and we got dicked 4-0?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here