Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Girlfriend In the world Award!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I have without a shadow of doubt have the best girlfriend in the world. She is just about to have our baby and obviously its valentines day tomorrow and she is insisting i go and watch the match tomorrow.

I couldn't believe my ears when i heard the words "you can go if you want babe" "we cant exactly go out and enjoy it". I played it cool and said "no babe i will stay with you" but she insisted i go and enjoy myself.

Thanks [MENTION=20206]terryberry1[/MENTION] for the ticket.

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I bet she'll keep that one saved up for a little while and just when you least expect it: "but I let you go to the football on Valentine's Day", BAM!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I have without a shadow of doubt have the best girlfriend in the world. She is just about to have our baby and obviously its valentines day tomorrow and she is insisting i go and watch the match tomorrow.

I couldn't believe my ears when i heard the words "you can go if you want babe" "we cant exactly go out and enjoy it". I played it cool and said "no babe i will stay with you" but she insisted i go and enjoy myself.

Thanks [MENTION=20205]terryberry[/MENTION] for the ticket.

Got yourself a gem there mate, but unfortunately that award is already taken by my mrs :D

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
My gf is Uzbek, and im not sure if she knows, or even cares about Valentines day... but I think Ill keep stumm just in case..

Miocene

Mar 23, 2011
Hastings
i proposed to my gf on friday, Saturday she says to me that Valentines day wont be able to top our weekend in London so i can go to the game while she goes to her mums to start to arrange the big day!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
i proposed to my gf on friday, Saturday she says to me that Valentines day wont be able to top our weekend in London so i can go to the game while she goes to her mums to start to arrange the big day!!

Are you actually planning to marry her or was the weekend a ruse to sweeten her up so you could go on Tuesday?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
my other half spent an hour slating the tragic pathetic day that is Valentines day. I sat quietly waiting for her to finish. And then announced that I would be back late on Tuesday as was attending the football. Silence ensued.

Golden. Just golden.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton

Blimey, you're new to all this aren't you??

Take it from someone with experience, who can speak almost fluent Female, that "you can go if you want babe" translates roughly to "You go, and you're a dead man, and you'll come home to find all your trouser legs cut off and spread all over the front garden."

And that "we can't exactly go out and enjoy it" roughley translates to "STAY IN WITH ME, OR I'LL CUT YOUR TODGER OFF WITH A RUSTY BREADKNIFE YOU TW@T!!"

I have scars to prove all this. Mental and physical.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Don't fall for it mate, its a trap.

:jester:

(sounds like you've got a good'un)

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Lets be honest, do any of your Mrs' acknowledge March 14th, the male's version of Valentines day, Steak and Blow Job day? I thought not, and I get to go to the football on tuesday. Looks like mine gets it.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I have a spare ticket for tomorrows game if anyone wants it? My bit on the side has convinced her other half to go to the football so we can have a cosy night in:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here