Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best curry houses in Sussex?

Staypuft

Sep 21, 2006
Lewes
2 new curry houses in Lewes that are both worth a mention- Chaula's- Authentic & cheap. Spice Merchant - traditional, v good

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nizam and Blue India in Haywards Heath. Happy to have a Rice N Spice. Taj mahal has had health problems (Vermin) in the past. The curry house next to the Burrell (can't think of name at moment) is OK but always deserted.

If we go down to Brighton we tend to end up in Noories in The Lanes. Not had a bad meal there (but we are usually bolloxed by then)

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Had a ruby in Goa once. I shat liquid for 24 hours & was praying for death to come & take me.

I much prefer authentic BRITISH curry.

The best takeaway I ever had was from the place in Upper Hamilton Road, although the name escapes me.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Is the Black Chappati still on the London Road at Preston Circus? That food really was something else.

For a while that was being ranked by them that know as one of the top five in the country. Run by a nutter called Steve (?) who used to sit down next to you whilst you ate and have a chat.

He used to sell really dry Normandy cidre as an alternative to wine/beer - and it worked incredibly well. I still drink cider with curry to this day.

Closed a few years back. Odd place and owner!

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Hove tandoori Church Road very good, also Gangees same street.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here