Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best curry houses in Sussex?

terrymendez

Nov 22, 2006
Dials
IN B&H it has to be the Hove Tandoori without a doubt, nice people cracking specials. Book early though it is always ramo jamo.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Is the Black Chappati still on the London Road at Preston Circus? That food really was something else.

For a while that was being ranked by them that know as one of the top five in the country. Run by a nutter called Steve (?) who used to sit down next to you whilst you ate and have a chat.

He used to sell really dry Normandy cidre as an alternative to wine/beer - and it worked incredibly well. I still drink cider with curry to this day.

Tell that to Uncle Buck!!

:drink:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I used to like the Ashoka in Hove. there is one in Graham Avenue, The Raj ( which was run by a chef who worked at Kareems in Brighton) That has really good curry.....he is very much into spicy curry, not particularily hot ones.

we had a company in last week and one of the guys was a Sikh. His wife made him a rediculous amount of food every day assuming he was going to starve! and he shared it with us. Her samosas were the best ones I have ever tasted.....he had sauce with it which was spicy and complimented the food perfectly. He suggested we drunk tea with it as it was spicy....certainly worked.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Many years ago I drove a van for a company called MTD in Penhill Rd Lancing and the ownerof the company's wife was Asian and when she made a curry shee cooked it for 24 hours on a very low heat then let it get cold and quickly reheated it and served it the next day. She swore that was the secret to a good curry and hers were excellent.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Many years ago I drove a van for a company called MTD in Penhill Rd Lancing and the ownerof the company's wife was Asian and when she made a curry shee cooked it for 24 hours on a very low heat then let it get cold and quickly reheated it and served it the next day. She swore that was the secret to a good curry and hers were excellent.

Cooking for a long time or recooking always makes the food a lot nicer. We always make double the amount of bolognaise sauce as we need, then reheat it the next day with a tin of chilli beans and some chilli flakes to make a nice Chilli.

Luverly.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Nizam in Haywards Heath.

Sussex is pretty good for curry houses. Much better than up in the melting pot. The number of times I've been dragged to f***ing Brick Lane and it's always shit...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ashoka, Church Road, Hove.

I have found this place lacking....and very oily sauces. Yuk, for a much better place go to Ganges next door.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Did anyone see Gordon Ramsay last night at the curry house in Nottingham? The food looked quite good but to be honest when I go for a curry I'm usually after the bog standard British Indian stuff. There's a time and a place for Michelin stars but for me it isn't a late night curry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here