Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Conspiracy Thoeries

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
a jobbing actor in London goes unnoticed for 10 years is hardly the reason to seek any elaborate conspiracy.

Well, quite.

You could say the same about Thomas Cromwell, Henry VIII's minister who also had a big gap in his life (and also who emerged from quite humble origins), yet no-one says that Cromwell could not have been educated enough to become a minister.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
As we're on the subject of 9/11.

I haven't thought about it for a while but if I remember there were a number of areas in the whole incident that were unanswered.

Mainly for me, the collapse of Building 7 (I think). Was the official explanation acceptable to all, that a perfectly stable building just collapsed in on itself for no apparent reason?

(Please note I am in no way agreeing with any posts of the OP.)

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Mainly for me, the collapse of Building 7 (I think). Was the official explanation acceptable to all, that a perfectly stable building just collapsed in on itself for no apparent reason?

couple of points that can be verified outside the official version:
1. there was a substantial fire, serious enough that the firebrigade thought it unfightable and pulled out of the buliding.
2. the footage often used to prove freefall/controlled demolition shows the rooftop penthouse collapse in before the sides of the building.

after that, its not worth the debate.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
couple of points that can be verified outside the official version:
1. there was a substantial fire, serious enough that the firebrigade thought it unfightable and pulled out of the buliding.
2. the footage often used to prove freefall/controlled demolition shows the rooftop penthouse collapse in before the sides of the building.

after that, its not worth the debate.

And beorhthelm as you seem to be knowledgeable on this subject, the entry hole of the plane that slammed into the Pentagon being the wrong shape for the entry of a airliner?

Hope you don't mind, just things that remain in my mind as cloudy issues after 9/11.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
And beorhthelm as you seem to be knowledgeable on this subject, the entry hole of the plane that slammed into the Pentagon being the wrong shape for the entry of a airliner?

was it? what shape should it be, and who told you? i will admit there is a big ??? over the pentagon. there is a problem with conspiracies as there was debris at the site, but not enough for what one would expect. so you have to suspend your disbelief that they not only fired a cruise missle at the building - and is that the "right shape" for that? dont they leave large craters? - but they also planted some plane bits on lawn. i struggle with both versions, but on balance bearing in mind you have to have either a cruise missle or airplane taking out a bunch of lampposts and a nearby generator, the airplane is more plausible.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
It was the right shape. Conspiracy people need to see holes where the wings would be, but what with the Pentagon walls being made out of much stronger stuff than the glass on the twin towers, the wings merely sheared off the plane. Hence the hole is a round one and is perfectly in proportion with the size of the airliners body.

was it? what shape should it be, and who told you? i will admit there is a big ??? over the pentagon. there is a problem with conspiracies as there was debris at the site, but not enough for what one would expect. so you have to suspend your disbelief that they not only fired a cruise missle at the building - and is that the "right shape" for that? dont they leave large craters? - but they also planted some plane bits on lawn. i struggle with both versions, but on balance bearing in mind you have to have either a cruise missle or airplane taking out a bunch of lampposts and a nearby generator, the airplane is more plausible.

"Voodoo histories : how conspiracy theory has shaped modern history, David Aaronovitch" is worth a read if you are a conspiracy theory cynic. I recall that this is mentioned in the book and that his take is "what shape should the hole be bearing in mind there are few, if any, recorded instances of a airliner flying into a wall". He is also very cynical about the weight given to "expert" comment. A lot of which seems to be based on if someone is an academic it doesn't matter if their particular discipline is in no way related to the matter on which they are pronouncing.

But I expect the true CT fan will state that the author of this book is an Illuminati or something.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
One of the demolition contractors we deal with in New York said it would have been impossible to secretly install all the demolition charges needed in the WTC without being noticed by office workers / security or maintenance staff (let alone CCTV and electronic explosive detectors installed after the earlier abortive attempt) or alternatively paying off hundreds of people and wiping the CCTV tapes. None of it stacks up. You only have to walk around the 9/11 site to see that the conspiracy business is a cottage industry keeping quite a few people employed.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
One of the demolition contractors we deal with in New York said it would have been impossible to secretly install all the demolition charges needed in the WTC without being noticed by office workers / security or maintenance staff (let alone CCTV and electronic explosive detectors installed after the earlier abortive attempt) or alternatively paying off hundreds of people and wiping the CCTV tapes. None of it stacks up. You only have to walk around the 9/11 site to see that the conspiracy business is a cottage industry keeping quite a few people employed.

You are letting your logistical analysis dictate the science.

The Towers could have been wired for demolition when they were first built. The late sixties was the start of the commercial real estate boom. Buildings were going up & then being pulled down only a few tears later.
Also it could have taken only a couple of guys to prep the buildings for demolition, by simply carrying it out over a 2 year period.
There's even a company that can simulate your own chosen demolition, catering to your own story board information.
Blast Code

The Port Authority would have been in on it, as companies within the towers vacated office space up to the time, leading up to show time, the office space would simply not have been re-leased.
Set up a few dummy companies with a paper trail and you can take your pick on how many victims you want.

Last edited:

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
I think you can see what it looks like if you wish to. Do a search on 9/11 plane hitting building.

Then discard the ones that are from conspiracy sites showing how what happened couold not have happened and you will find the ones that are accurate and based on real science, not the kind of pseudo science bollocks peddalled by the nutters.

Now, I'm off to do some work. Time for falmer and the other nutters to get tehri tin hats on and go back to lectures.

I'll take that as a NO, that you can't link to any authentic footage of 767s flying into WTC1&2. This is because there isn't any. The whole 9/11 landscape was digitally composited.
This was discussed here on this thread.
9/11 : Ten Years?! - Page 18

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Gus Poyet is actually Douglas Freedman and the 1-3 was all part of a global masterplan to destroy BHAFC from the grass roots level up.

I'll take that as a NO, that you can't link to any authentic footage of 767s flying into WTC1&2. This is because there isn't any. The whole 9/11 landscape was digitally composited.
This was discussed here on this thread.
9/11 : Ten Years?! - Page 18

No, take it as I can't be arsed to argue with a closed mind that has already deciced that several hundred thousand New Yorkers and the entire US Air Traffic control system and most of the US military were in on a big conspiracy with the American government to kill thousands of their own citizens and those of other countries. There is no point at all in me wasting my time to find footage of anything as you are already sure that the entire things was a f***ing big photshop job.

Sweet shit, there are some thick people in the world aren't there.

The Towers could have been wired for demolition when they were first built. The late sixties was the start of the commercial real estate boom. Buildings were going up & then being pulled down only a few tears later.
Also it could have taken only a couple of guys to prep the buildings for demolition, by simply carrying it out over a 2 year period.
There's even a company that can simulate your own chosen demolition, catering to your own story board information.
Blast Code

The Port Authority would have been in on it, as companies within the towers vacated office space up to the time, leading up to show time, the office space would simply not have been re-leased.
Set up a few dummy companies with a paper trail and you can take your pick on how many victims you want.

Ahh, so now the f***ing conspiracy extends to ALL the architects, construction workers and explosive experts who secretly rigged up a demolotion system when building the WTC all those years ago and not a single f***ing one of them has wandered out into the open and revealed that they did so. And not a single employee of the port authority has mentioned all these dummy commpanies and empty office space, and not a single WTC survivor noticed all these ghost companies in the run up to September 11th and has thought of mentioning it since?

Of course, that is so much more likely than the fact that a bunch off pissed of muslims paid a few tens of thousands of dollars to learn to fly and then hijacked some planes. You've got me totally convinced now.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

The Towers could have been wired for demolition when they were first built.

you're letting fantasies dictate the science and capability of technology. det cord and explosives have shelve life of a couple of years, months off the shelve and thermite even less. you acknowledge the port authority whould have to be in on it, how about the maintenance teams etc? 30 years. thousands of workers. the longer and more people involved in a conspriacy, the more difficult it is to to maintain that conspriacy. i reckon the fire in 1975 and 1993 bombing might have caused a few problems too.

i dont know which is more bat shit crazy: the idea someone planed to create a pretext to invade Afganistan in the late 1960's, or the idea everything on 9/11 was CGI despite tens of thousands of witness (including 2700+ now silent witnesses).

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The one thing all you CP nutjobs overlook is that the US would not need a reason of this scale to invade any country. Why risk being caught doing this, the expense and a million other reasons not to do it when all the US has to do to invade a country if it really wanted to do so illegaly would be to make up some shit about WMD's and head on in. Just like we've done before!

"..............The Towers could have been wired for demolition when they were first built..........."

Yes, of course they COULD have been. Would be an excellent idea to build two very tall buildings packed with explosives in case at some indeterminate date in the future, and for some indeterminate reason, you wanted to blow them up. No chance at all of them being set off by accident/explosives degrading over time/maintenance staff setting them off by mistake not realising what they were.

Mods, can a thread be locked on grounds of silliness??

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

Blast Code

Did you actually read your response before you posted it ? Please come back to this thread when you have someting to contribute

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
No, take it as I can't be arsed to argue with a closed mind that has already deciced that several hundred thousand New Yorkers and the entire US Air Traffic control system and most of the US military were in on a big conspiracy with the American government to kill thousands of their own citizens and those of other countries. There is no point at all in me wasting my time to find footage of anything as you are already sure that the entire things was a f***ing big photshop job.

Sweet shit, there are some thick people in the world aren't there.

Where did I say the American Government killed thousands of their own citizens ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here