Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best bus stop in Brighton (or hove).............

D

Deleted User X18H

.......... the Quirky little one half way up trafalgar street gets my vote.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
The one opposite the Shell Garage in Preston Park, thats a beaut !!

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Has to be the old Tram shelter up Ditchling road, by the Downs school, fully enclosed for those cold winter evenings

D

Deleted User X18H

I also find the one up the Dyke (my London colleagues howl when I mention that) mysterious and romantic espically now that buses run up there in the evenings

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Good thread.

The one on Beaconsfield Road on the way into town, especially when the curry house is open.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Its got to be the one by hove station. Got a copy of Men Only where some young lady is flashing her bits at said stop. There's even an old lady waiting for her bus in the photo!

D

Deleted User X18H

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Good thread.

The one on Beaconsfield Road on the way into town, especially when the curry house is open.
Your very near me arn't you

jail bird

Oct 19, 2003
sin bin
my favourite to sit at is at Brighton Station, Stop B, on a Saturday night when a bit drunk after an Albion game, watching life go by waiting for the 27.

D

Deleted User X18H

there is another quirky along new england road by the library haedly ever used

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Two of my least favorites are the ones in Mile Oak and Moulscoombe where I seem to keep waking up after falling asleep on the bus...

Most bus stops have been there since Adam was a boy. However, some are more recent.

I can personally take the credit for introducing three bus stops in Brighton - the stop at the top of Buckingham Road, close to the junction with Dyke Road (which dates back to the old Station Shuttle service 99); a stop at the bottom of Preston Drove (between Preston Road and Surrenden Road); and the bus stop in the Withdean Stadium car park (for the daily Park & Ride service).

The Buckingham Road stop is now very well used (on route 7, close to the Children's Hospital - served by lots more routes in recent years, much to the irritation of local residents, it would seem).

The Preston Drove stop has been removed, now that there is no longer a bus service running all the way up Preston Drove.

The Withdean stop is obviously an extremely important part of the City's transport infrastructure.

Every local government officer wants to have a permanent monument to their work. I have my bus stops. I am very proud of them.

:)

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Mr Popkins said:
Has to be the old Tram shelter up Ditchling road, by the Downs school, fully enclosed for those cold winter evenings
Good call. There's a couple of those old Tram shelters left, there's another one up by the reservoir - assuming the pikies camped in Hollingbury park haven't smashed it up for firewood.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
the one by Sainsburys down london road

i wait there to go home

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There used to be a heated one in Dyke Road many years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here