Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best boozer in Sussex!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont know about Sussex but the best I have been in Worthing by a country mile is the Hare & Hounds, excellant selection of ale, ample selction of session fizzy water for the kids, very good food and excellant guvernor and staff.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The Five Bells, Smock Alley, West Chiltington.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
The Dover Castle on Southover St. :thumbsup:

Decent enough boozer but that's not even the best pub on Southover Street.

My favourite Brighton boozer is the Hand in Hand on upper St James' Street. Small and cosy with a selection of locally brewed well kept ales, decent imported lager and delicious fresh locally made pies. It also has a piano for anyone to have a tinkle on and a little book club for days when you wander in alone and don't fancy a chat with the locals. Occasional live jazz and swing complete the painting of such a quaint old fashioned watering hole with much charm and splendour.

As for the best in Sussex it would be unfair for me to comment being as I don't know many outside of Brighton and Hove that well.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sussex Ox at Milton Street, or the Tiger at East Dean.

My favourite Brighton boozer is the Hand in Hand on upper St James' Street. Small and cosy with a selection of locally brewed well kept ales, decent imported lager and delicious fresh locally made pies. It also has a piano for anyone to have a tinkle on and a little book club for days when you wander in alone and don't fancy a chat with the locals. Occasional live jazz and swing complete the painting of such a quaint old fashioned watering hole with much charm and splendour.

Has he still got pickled eggs behind the bar? I must have had 10 of those in there once one boozy lunchtime :thumbsup:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
In Horsham, my favourite is The Black Jug, good selection of proper beers, good food and (no doubt due to both of the above) no chavs!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Basketmakers possibly. In reality though, we're spoilt for choice in BN1 and there's a boozer to fit every occasion. Apart from The Sportsman. Obviously. No excuse for using that place.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The Grenadier is quite a quiant little joint. Food is improving all the time aswell.

I've always like the Font too, in Brighton. I know it's not alot of peoples taste, but I think it's quite decent. Good for the football, cracking grub and it's a little bit hidden so not everyone can find it. Class.

Here

tiger2.jpg

and the interior

2050017940034714482kfpegg_ph.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here