Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best boozer in Sussex!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I went to the hartington (whippingham road, off hartington road) on sunday and had a fantastic sunday roast. Would recommend it for the roast alone. Also had a delicious banoffee pie.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
i dont have profession snobbery, i treat everybody the same, but bevendean was the one who brought up my job if you check back through the thread, it rankles with him that he can only afford to live in southend, so he is always denigrating my job with snide comments, i think its because because someone he considers his intellectual and moral inferior, earns considerably more than him .

Yes. very good.

I don't consider you to be my intellectual or moral inferior as it goes...I wouldnt be so fascile. I just think you place far too much emphasis on the importance and relevance of your job and your opinion.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yes. very good.

I don't consider you to be my intellectual or moral inferior as it goes...I wouldnt be so fascile. I just think you place far too much emphasis on the importance and relevance of your job and your opinion.
yes i do place a lot of importance and relevance on my opinion , not my job though, its you who brought it up , not me,if you dont want me to mention it, dont put up puerile posts about bars being full of voicebrokers, and besides , its just too easy to get a rise out of people like you and herr tubthumper by playing the arrogant cityboy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Except that the Mucky Duck is expensive, the owner is a complete knob and the Fox is an overpriced "frozen" fish 'n chip shop run by a couple of swingers. Blue Ship in the Haven for me.[/QUOTE]

Where is that? Is it the Alfold Barn on the main road always looks as if it is shut whenever I drive past to and from Guildford with grandchildren.

Except that the Mucky Duck is expensive, the owner is a complete knob and the Fox is an overpriced "frozen" fish 'n chip shop run by a couple of swingers. Blue Ship in the Haven for me.[/QUOTE]

Where is that? Is it the Alfold Barn on the main road always looks as if it is shut whenever I drive past to and from Guildford with grandchildren.

If you're coming from Guildford into Buck's Green on the A281, go by the Fox on the rhs through the pedestrian crossing and then turn right on to the Haven Road (there's a white house on the corner). Drive over the two bridges over the R. Arun, past a row of houses on the lhs and take the second turning/lane on the right (about a mile) - I think there's a small signpost now. The Blue Ship is along there about 400yds on the rhs.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Good knowledge! I had no idea & only live a stone's throw from Holland Road...

To me, the Broadway in HH & all it's shit bars full of twats (like Orange Square), just about sums up all that is bad about HH in general. :wrong:

The Savannah is owned by big Brighton fans

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
I understand that the Evening Star in Brighton is a popular traditional quality hostelry. My favourite, the White Rock Hotel on Hastings seafront is also dog friendly but is probably termed a bar in these modern days of bright coloured alcholic beverages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here