Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best BHAFC Goalkeeper

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Neville Southall played at Withdean a few years back for Exeter i think, He was in his 40s but still superb that day one save at the east end was world class, anyone else remember this ??

galebs

Jan 28, 2008
Bexhill
John Keeley with his wonderful way of pulling off really posey saves, always made him look class. But i loved the way Moseley would act as a sweeper even if it did frighten the living daylights out of me .

Rember Alan Knight have a brilliant game against us at fratton park around 1990 ish . He stopped everything , cant remember what the score was but we did have the chewit kit on and the football genius ran their full back ragged .

Off to check what the score was

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
Neville Southall played at Withdean a few years back for Exeter i think, He was in his 40s but still superb that day one save at the east end was world class, anyone else remember this ??

Was it not Torquay ??( I might be wrong )

Was at that game he was unreal

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
moseley and steele both pulled off blinding saves in their time ...think it was graham who pulled off a low to the left reflex save that was likened to gordon 's save in the world cup v brazil...digweed was good and corrigan but have to give it to GRAHAM MOSELEY .

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
John Keeley for me...Somebody also mentioned Corrigan & I vaguely remember one of my first games at the Goldstone. I was only small but seem to remember we were beating someone about 4 or 5 nil
& Corrigan just sat down leaning on a goalpost for what seemed about 20 mins...anyone remember this?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Grummitt and Kuipers. Grummitt was best but he really did not play enough matches to qualify.

Best opposition performance was definetely Joe Lewis, at Posh this season. He was incredible.

Best I've seen in recent times too; going back to 1969/70, Phil Parkes put in 4 good shifts against the Albion is the FA Cup marathon. In the second replay at Craven Cottage, we wouldn't have scored against him if we'd still playing now.

Albion goalies for me: Sidebottom, Keeley, Beeney and Groucho (for added entertainment value). I always thought Powney was too short.

Last edited:

Kurt Nogood

May 13, 2011
Was it Rust who did a blind superman dive when running back towards his own goal? The lobbed shot hit the bar, think it was at Cambridge.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
John Keeley with his wonderful way of pulling off really posey saves, always made him look class. But i loved the way Moseley would act as a sweeper even if it did frighten the living daylights out of me .

Rember Alan Knight have a brilliant game against us at fratton park around 1990 ish . He stopped everything , cant remember what the score was but we did have the chewit kit on and the football genius ran their full back ragged .

Off to check what the score was

It was 0-0 should have been 8-0 to us He saved everything we threw at him Pompey Scum :)

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Grummitt and Kuipers. Grummitt was best but he really did not play enough matches to qualify.

This, Grummitt was class and Kuipers was immense in recent years. Powney not far behind, although I can't ever remember him coming out to catch a corner kick.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Whilst he was not the greatest, I liked Nicky Rust. I'm sure he played for england U21's or at least he made the squad once.
Anyone remember how his Albion career ended?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
having seen a fair few keepers from the mid 70's (Grummit being the first), John Keely would probably be the best in my opinion. He just seemed to command respect from his players.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
John Keeley for me
He didn't have many weaknesses to his game given he wasn't the tallest
I did like Corrigan though but he didn't play for us for long

I seem to recall John Burridge having a blinding game against us even though he was an old bastard at the time
Couldn't tell you what team he was playing for as he seemed to play for a different club every month towards the end of his career
Agree with Alan Knight, always played well against us

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Grummit was at the end of his career when he came to us, but he made one of the greatest saves seen at the Goldstone, v Ipswich who were at their peak. Robson said it was one of the best he'd seen.But for me it's the FDM, a real legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here