Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Albion Away Experience?

Jan 30, 2008
Copeel wasn;t in charge of the Albion when we went to Elm Park???
oops i think it was liam brady it was the game when reading got promoted the other one up there was when they tried to keep us in the ground and we pelted the old bill with missiles and stormed out of the ground:eek:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
1979 at Newcastle, train broke down, got to stadium late and from the back of the terrace couldn't see any of the goals, or at Liverpool in 1983. Never expected to win as they hadn't lost a home cup tie for 9 years, or Forest away in 1979 (I think), Forest reigning European Champions and us bottom of the first division. Forest unbeaten in about 51 home games. Or, the cup final.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Liverpool 1 Brighton 2 on the way to the Cup Final. A game we had no hope of winning, we were in deep relegation trouble in the league, Liverpool were up at the top and had not lost ANY cup game at home, including European ones since the 60's. Total disbelief as we took the lead, resigned shrugs as we lost it, total disbelief again as we retook the lead within a minute. Liverpool then totally dominated and played the rest of the game in and around our penalty area, missed a penalty and the Albion left the field to ecstatic disbelieving hysteria from the Albion fans and applause from the Liverpool fans. No game, Highbury semi final, 2 finals or the play off in Cardiff came close for me, just maybe Newcastle away to win promotion to the top level competes imo.

Is precisely the correct answer. I defy anyone who was at Anfield that day (and there were 7,000 of us) to name a better Albion awayday. Mind you I enjoyed the win at Selhurst the other year (top 3).
PG

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
thinking of one that isn't already on here then. How about the win at Plymouth in 2001 (I think) which clinched promotion to Division 2. Listening out on portable radios, hearing the news of goals from other games going our way which sparked massive celebrations in the away terrace.:ascarf:

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Aldershot away in the 1st round of the F A cup a few years ago. Richard Carpenter scoring from an early free kick - almost got crushed celebrating behind the goal there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here