Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bergkhamp - 'Not Gus's Signing'

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I was told last night that Young Mr Bergkhamp, was not Gus's signing and he is not going to be in Gus's plans either and that is why he still looking for another striker.

Begkhamp so far has been very poor in training and really has not impressed at all. apparently he is all 'arms and legs' and has an awful touch. makes Chris Wood look like a footballing genius.

I was certainly disappointed when I was told this, however I'm not going to right him off until I have seem him myself, although doesn't look like we will be getting much chance.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Bergkamp, Bergkhamp or Begkhamp .... let's call the whole thing off.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I was told last night that Young Mr Bergkhamp, was not Gus's signing and he is not going to be in Gus's plans either and that is why he still looking for another striker.

Begkhamp so far has been very poor in training and really has not impressed at all. apparently he is all 'arms and legs' and has an awful touch. makes Chris Wood look like a footballing genius.

I was certainly disappointed when I was told this, however I'm not going to right him off until I have seem him myself, although doesn't look like we will be getting much chance.

Who's signing is he then. Also who told you this?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Gus Poyet said:
Poyet said, "The name is going to bring plenty of memories but we ask that people forget about his uncle. He has the same name but he is a totally different player to Dennis and we don't want people to compare him.

"Dennis is one of the best foreign players to have played in England and we want Roland to get as high as possible, but from the beginning we just want people to take him as a young and promising talent.

"The new scouting system has recognised him as a young player with a lot of potential who will fit in well to English football, and we hope that he will adapt as quickly as possible to make sure he becomes a top-class player."

Standing at 6ft 3ins tall, Poyet believes Bergkamp has the physical attributes for the English style of play, but insists he will have to develop his understanding of the game to complete the transition.

"I'm sure he is willing to come and keep learning and get stronger to adapt to our style.

"As you can imagine because of his stature and his qualities, he was getting plenty of fouls in the Dutch league and we know he will get half of them here - that means he will have to develop his understanding of the game too.

"Then it's up to me to make sure we get the best from him, that means playing to his strengths, which I know this team is capable of doing. It's then up to him to improve and score goals."

Quote from Gus when we signed him. The telling part is "identified by the scouting system". Surely that's just the scouting system doing it's job and Gus decides if he wants to take a punt or not.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I am sorry but I just don't believe anything would happen with the playing side of things without Gus's approval. I agree with psb, he will be off if this starts to happen, and TB didn't come down in the last shower, he would know this.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
This seems like utter bull to me. I do not think for one second that Gus would stay here unless he was given complete control to do his job.

He said he was excited when he came here because it allwoed him to create a system from top to bottom. I very much doubt this would be OK with someone as driven as Gus is.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I am sorry but I just don't believe anything would happen with the playing side of things without Gus's approval. I agree with psb, he will be off if this starts to happen, and TB didn't come down in the last shower, he would know this.

This

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

So it wasn't Gus' decision to sign him, but Gus can still sign another striker if he wants. Makes no sense. The whole procedure of our scouting system is that it is Gus' final decision on whether to sign them or not. He would not be here if it wasn't.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
100% bullshit, OP is either fishing, or his source is winding him up....... Gus has had 100% control of transfers in/out and that will not change, read all Gus quotes in Argus...... Aranalde, Gus's appointed former chief scout identified him, thats what scouting networks do, but Gus decision brought him here.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/9116076.Albion_sign_Bergkamp/

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The moment Gus's authority is undermined he will be seeking pastures new. I find the fact that Gus did not authorise this signing pretty hard to believe. Of course it's unlikely Bergkamp will get straight into the first team, and Gus has already stated that he is still looking for a striker.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
You will not see him in the First team next season.

I don't need to tell you who I was told by. same old NSC hear something they don't like, that defiantly cant be true.

in actual fact we probably don't have to wait all to long, until people find out and see for themselves.

If you dont believe me, fine i really don't care, was just passing on information.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Chinese whispers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here