Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bergkamp joins Brighton

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This is what my Ajax season ticket holding mate says....

Absolutely useless.... On the plus side he's related to Dennis.... Good signing for Brighton

Hmmm

By Ajax standards he could well be "absolutely useless" and yet still tear The Championship up. Surely we are not expecting players who Ajax would like to sign are we?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No way would he turn down a contract at a Dutch top division side to sign for the development squad. Definite first team player, I would expect him to start a majority of games for us next season (unless Gus discovers he is TURD in training).

Looks like the bigger target man type. However good or bad he may turn out to be..... I will gamble right now and take him over Chris Wood

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Being brought up in the Netherlands with the family pedigree he has, he will be used to playing the tippy-tappy way.

FLAIRTASTIC signing (if true)!

PG

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Hard to compare standards but from the games I've seen even the relegation fodder in the Dutch top flight would be competitive in the English championship.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I've tweaked it.

Roland Roland Roland
He's our man from Holland
Roland Roland Roland
BERGKAMP!

That's good but I reckon I prefer the 'keep the goals rolling' version!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
he may be his nephew but is he a blood relation? If not , it may as well be me.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Can't view the vids on my rubbish phone but at 6ft 4 he sounds like the type of player we've been crying out for. And coming from Dutch football he's been taught to play the right way since childhood.

And if you can't get excited at the prospect of the name BERGKAMP on a Brighton shirt then you clearly have no soul.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here