Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Berbatov To Brighton...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sorry Bob, but if the money's good enough they would ALL go there. No top player would have signed for Chelsea once.
Villa signed an EIGHT yeah contract with Valencia when he was being linked with pretty much every top club in Europe. I think he'd only go to Madrid or Barca, maybe not even them.
Berbatov actually sounds like it may happen though. :shrug: Not all players would go there if they had better options or were already at a similar club though.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Now reported on the BBC sports page.

Clearly panicking after our fine (!) performance on Saturday, so drastic measures have had to be taken.........

Tottenham accept bid for Berbatov

Berbatov has admitted he is keen to leave Spurs to play in the Champions League
Tottenham have accepted Manchester City's bid of over £30m for Dimitar Berbatov, BBC Sport understands.

The striker, 27, has been linked with Manchester United all summer, but the Red Devils have been reluctant to pay Tottenham's asking price.

And City's new owners Abu Dhabi United Group have made a late attempt to steal the Bulgarian from under their noses.

Boss Mark Hughes is hopeful of meeting the player on Monday to discuss the move, which could be worth up to £35m.

"We have made an offer and I think it's agreed between ourselves and Spurs," he told Sky Sports. "Now it's up to the boy to decide."

City revealed on Monday that owner Thaksin Shinawatra has agreed to sell the club to the Middle East company.

And the new owners have immediately set their sights high, with Valencia striker David Villa and Stuttgart's Mario Gomez also said to be on their list.

I wanted the resources to compete at the top table and it looks like that's what I have got

Mark Hughes
The club chased the signature of Brazilian star Ronaldinho before he decided to join AC Milan.

And it seems highly unlikely that Berbatov would opt to move to Eastlands after admitting his desire to play Champions League football was the reason for his wish to leave Tottenham.

But with time running out on a move to Old Trafford before the transfer window closes, Berbatov could be left with a decision to join the City revival or mend his bridges at Spurs.

Hughes, who said he expects to meet with Berbatov on Monday, admitted the turnaround in the club's fortunes has surprised both himself and the fans.

"It's happened quite quickly today," he added.

"We are going to try and bring good players to the club and it is a notice of our intent and we'll try and get him.

"There is a real buzz and expectation and hopefully this time it won't be a false dawn and we can establish ourselves as a top six club.

"They [the new owners] have the means to do that.

606: DEBATE
United supporters will blow a fuse if the Berba deal goes through

spurathought

"I wanted the resources to compete at the top table and it looks like that's what I have got.

"Things are happening - we have a couple of bids in but it is late in the day. We are in there and trying to get good players in.

"I'm stunned and excited. Both myself and the fans are very excited by what's going on.

"There have been a lot of disruptions and negative publicity but that's been put to the side in one fell swoop."

Tottenham accept bid for Berbatov

Berbatov has admitted he is keen to leave Spurs to play in the Champions League
Tottenham have accepted Manchester City's bid of over £30m for Dimitar Berbatov, BBC Sport understands.

The striker, 27, has been linked with Manchester United all summer, but the Red Devils have been reluctant to pay Tottenham's asking price.

And City's new owners Abu Dhabi United Group have made a late attempt to steal the Bulgarian from under their noses.

Boss Mark Hughes is hopeful of meeting the player on Monday to discuss the move, which could be worth up to £35m.

"We have made an offer and I think it's agreed between ourselves and Spurs," he told Sky Sports. "Now it's up to the boy to decide."

City revealed on Monday that owner Thaksin Shinawatra has agreed to sell the club to the Middle East company.

And the new owners have immediately set their sights high, with Valencia striker David Villa and Stuttgart's Mario Gomez also said to be on their list.

I wanted the resources to compete at the top table and it looks like that's what I have got

Mark Hughes
The club chased the signature of Brazilian star Ronaldinho before he decided to join AC Milan.

And it seems highly unlikely that Berbatov would opt to move to Eastlands after admitting his desire to play Champions League football was the reason for his wish to leave Tottenham.

But with time running out on a move to Old Trafford before the transfer window closes, Berbatov could be left with a decision to join the City revival or mend his bridges at Spurs.

Hughes, who said he expects to meet with Berbatov on Monday, admitted the turnaround in the club's fortunes has surprised both himself and the fans.

"It's happened quite quickly today," he added.

"We are going to try and bring good players to the club and it is a notice of our intent and we'll try and get him.

"There is a real buzz and expectation and hopefully this time it won't be a false dawn and we can establish ourselves as a top six club.

"They [the new owners] have the means to do that.

606: DEBATE
United supporters will blow a fuse if the Berba deal goes through

spurathought

"I wanted the resources to compete at the top table and it looks like that's what I have got.

"Things are happening - we have a couple of bids in but it is late in the day. We are in there and trying to get good players in.

"I'm stunned and excited. Both myself and the fans are very excited by what's going on.

"There have been a lot of disruptions and negative publicity but that's been put to the side in one fell swoop."

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Jennys is shit barney, dont go there.

what would you suggest is better? to be fair, i highly respect chappers' opinion when it comes to food, and his advice is not to be taken lightly.

i will add though, the chippy by cardinal newman, is top fuckin notch

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
cheers, i will go in search tonight.

i hope they do a good pie. and battered sossy. and savaloy. and curry sauce. and maybe some cod. and chips. maybe a bovril.

Cant see you wanting anything from the chippy :laugh: are you not about to eat something more personal ? :sick:....................... ENJOY

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I'm not the biggest fan of chippys, but i am partial to frydays fish bar or the one in Patcham with ping and pong.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
the chinese couple that own it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to SSN he is meeting Mark Hughes this evening. A spokesman for the new owners said that they want at least 4th place in the Premiership this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here