Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Ben's Grandad Has Passed Away

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
What terribly sad news
BG was an absolute legend on NSC
We will certainly miss him, his transfer rumours and his constant quest to get to grips with modern technology !
Three points on Saturday would be a fitting tribute
RIP BG

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Testing the NSC waters, so to speak, should the club put Brian’s photo up on the screen on 76 minutes on Saturday? (Apologies if fixtures)

Personally I think they should.

YES they should have his photo up on 76.

I think this would be great to allow us all to put a face to the legend.

Up to Brian's family, of course, as they'd know his thoughts best - but FWIW, I'm fairly certain from his posts over the years, when such tributes have been made, that he did NOT approve of them.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It is with great sadness that I have to announce my brother Brian Lisher, known to all as Ben's Grandad, passed away earlier today. Due to his number of posts and often controversial views I doubt if there is anyone on NSC who didn't know him. Brian always had an opinion, very often tongue in cheek, and never failed to get a reaction. He enjoyed the banter and would always give as good as he got. Despite some comments he never took anything personally and in return he never took a real dislike to anyone on here. Ian is arranging the funeral, I'm sure he will post information when it is available for people to pay their last respects. A fitting memory to Brian would be three points on Saturday and another season in the top flight.
Bloody hell. Really sorry to hear that. Always read his posts with a smile, they were extraordinary at times. Lovely post by you to advise of his passing and really good to hear he didn't take the responses to heart. I hope the funeral goes as well as these things can. He'll be missed, part of NSC folklore

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
So sorry for your loss and RIP Brian. Despite all the ribbing I don't recall him ever being rude. A true gentleman.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
R.I.P Legend that was Bens Grandad.

A win on Saturday with the winner being scored by Webster, now that would be a fitting tribute...

Webster.jpg

He's ready.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
RIP BG, always amused, often disagreed, but a pleasure to post with. Enjoy that great stadium in the sky, and contact us if you have problems getting in!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Really shocked when I heard the news, BG was one of those people that you thought would just go on forever.
I, like I suspect many others, tend to skim read NSC these days. He was one of the posters that if I saw had started a thread, I dived straight in. He divided opinion and got an awful lot of stick, but it was like water off a ducks back to him. He was never abusive and genuinely loved our football club. I was like a moth to a flame whenever I saw a ‘technical help required’ thread started by him, he was priceless!. He will certainly be hugely missed.
Condolences to all his family
RIP old fella.
For your sake, I hope the gate to heaven hasn’t got an entry code...St Peter will be pulling his hair out.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
So sad to hear of his passing, can't say as I always saw eye to eye with him but how boring would NSC be if we all agreed with one another all of the time, he certainly enjoyed his time on here as the number of posts vouches for and I'd like to think all of us who regularly contribute on here played a little part in some happiness in his life.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
RIP, really sad news.

BG loved to go fishing when he visited here from what I saw. Some might even call it "trolling" in this internet world we leave in ... but if so, he was generally a benign and friendly troll and happily took as good as he gave out. NSC will definitely be a different place without him.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
First of all my condolences to his Wife, Brother, Family and friends. It seems very sudden - as I know he was posting on here on Sunday.

This is quite a shock - I was only looking at his post on the 'Team for Palace' thread and thinking that's not a bad side.

Always with an opinion, sometimes we agreed, sometimes we didn't but anyone who had watched as many BHA games and much football as he had should have their opinion respected.

A true Albion fan and a NSC legend, he will be sorely missed on here.

RIP Brian.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
That's awful news, I'm sorry for your and your family's loss.

BG was a true NSC legend, and his often controversial views and opinions will be sadly missed. I often didn't agree with him, but I did enjoy the exchanges, and his posts often caused me to smile (as well as roll my eyes!).

RIP BG - what was never in doubt was that he bled blue and white...

And not forgetting he also liked Brighton quite a bit too....

Sorry but I couldn't resist continuing the NSC in joke about his fondness for that other blue and white team in his memory.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
And not forgetting he also liked Brighton quite a bit too....

Sorry but I couldn't resist continuing the NSC in joke about his fondness for that other blue and white team in his memory.

I was starting to wonder if anyone would pick up on that ambiguity. :thumbsup:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Very sad, His name was like a magnet. Just had to have a look. Must justify a mention on Saturday. Not many have attended games for near on 70years.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Sad news indeed...

This forum will be less entertained without him, that's for sure!

We used to speak 'off air' about allotment gardening fairly regularly and I found BG to be a genuinely nice bloke.

He could have filled that vacant spot at left back himself and talked the right winger into having a sh1t game I reckon.

My thoughts are with all concerned at this very sad time.

RIP BG. Enjoy the garden in the sky mate.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Shocking news.

From one publican to another - RIP mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here