Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Ben's Grandad Has Passed Away

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
NSC won't be the same without him. He always had an opinion and often went against the majority which this place (like most) needs from time to time. Hope Ben and the whole family will get through this difficult time.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Many, many people have sadly passed away since I first registered on NSC all those years ago, but I didn't know any of them personally and I therefore didn't feel moved to post in relation to their passing, sad though it obviously was for their respective friends and family.
I didn't personally know Ben's Grandad either, but as others have said on here, through his regular contributions I feel as though I did actually know him.

This news has absolutely shocked and distressed me, and for the very first time as a poster I genuinely want to pass on my sincere condolences to his family.

I'm just pleased that NSC must have given him so much pleasure during his lifetime. You don't post nearly 75,000 times on a message board if you're getting no pleasure from doing it!

This place definitely won't be quite the same from now on, Brian's musings will be sorely missed, and there can be no doubt whatsoever that he truly earned the 'Legend' status being attributed to him.
How many others ... on any message board, not just this one ... are instantly recognised simply from the first letters of their user name?

RIP BG, you will be missed. :salute:

Great post! Woke up in Jakarta this morning to flooding and internet down, so late to hear this unexpected and shocking news. I was going to say the same about not knowing him personally but feeling that I did. I think that captures what most of us here are saying and why we feel the love and loss. I know it does for me. I'll be watching the 76th minute from afar Saturday and hoping to see something. RIP Brian.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
He was a phine fellow.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
My Wife and I did meet BG and Ben, we had a few pints together, A really decent guy, as said many times, he will be very much missed but I don't doubt well remembered on NSC.

RIP BG You were NSCs Class Act! Our thoughts are very much with his family.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Going to miss the Football Rumours

RIP BG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Bloody hell this a real shock. Condolences to BG's wife, Arfer Guinness and of course Ben, and all the rest of BG's family.

I liked the suggestion of changing the NSC banner.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Terribly sad news. Condolences to the family. A Lampety worldy on his debut to seal a 3-0 victory on Saturday would be a fitting tribute.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Have to add my condolences . That was a shock this morning but our loss on here must be nothing compared to that of his loved ones... I am sorry to learn of his passing and send my best wishes to his family....

uc.xtreme

May 29, 2008
RIP BG, I hope we get the 3 points for you on Saturday. UTA

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bloody hell, that's terrible news. Terrible. NSC will be all the poorer for his passing, and of course it leaves a vastly bigger hole in the lives of his family and friends.

RIP, BG, happy posting on the celestial NSC, along with the others we've lost

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
So sorry to hear the extremely sad news, condolences to all of his family. Saturday afternoons just won't be the same now, no more views on defenders, asking for a stream or what's the best Firestick to use. Rest in peace fellow fan.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Terribly sad news. Condolences to the family. A Lampety worldy on his debut to seal a 3-0 victory on Saturday would be a fitting tribute.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Wouldn't it just. Perhaps with this line up?

I would like to see:

Ryan
Webster.......Duffy.......Dunk
Lamptey....Stephens....Bissouma....Propper.....Bernardo
Macallister
Maupay​

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here