Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Ben's Grandad Has Passed Away

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
I've only been part of NSC for a little over a year, but I understand how important BG meant to the forum.

RIP

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What a measure of the man that his passing is deeply felt, mourned and being remarked upon by contributors from across the entire globe. From Sussex to Australia and every point in between, BG was an absolute legend.

We’ll never see his like again on here.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Well, thats not the news i expected to read when logging on this morning.

RIP BG, we didn't always agree, but you were an NSC Legend. RIP and my thoughts to his family and friends.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Very sad news. For all his more controversial posts, he really was Albion through and through. He'll be missed.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
RIP BG. I always enjoyed his contributions to threads and the way he could invariably spark further interesting discussion.

I didn’t exactly know that he had been an active fan for 70 years but I always respected his obviously deep love of the Albion and all things Sussex. He will be very sadly missed by NSC. I hope Brian’s family and friends will become aware of the extraordinary reach of his impact on here.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Many, many people have sadly passed away since I first registered on NSC all those years ago, but I didn't know any of them personally and I therefore didn't feel moved to post in relation to their passing, sad though it obviously was for their respective friends and family.
I didn't personally know Ben's Grandad either, but as others have said on here, through his regular contributions I feel as though I did actually know him.

This news has absolutely shocked and distressed me, and for the very first time as a poster I genuinely want to pass on my sincere condolences to his family.

I'm just pleased that NSC must have given him so much pleasure during his lifetime. You don't post nearly 75,000 times on a message board if you're getting no pleasure from doing it!

This place definitely won't be quite the same from now on, Brian's musings will be sorely missed, and there can be no doubt whatsoever that he truly earned the 'Legend' status being attributed to him.
How many others ... on any message board, not just this one ... are instantly recognised simply from the first letters of their user name?

RIP BG, you will be missed. :salute:

Agreed. I never met BG either, but like you (and others) I felt I 'knew' him because of his posts (a bit like when a famous person dies and you 'know' them through their work). Reading all these other tributes I don't mind admitting I'm sitting here at work hiding my eyes and pretending I've got a cold. :(

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
With respect, you didn't have to deal with the emails when he couldn't login, nor the PMs when he could.

I can't begin to imagine how many more posts he would have made if he hadn't suffered from login problems most days.

I'd happily field many more of those emails today if I could...

A very poignant comment Bozza,

You don't know what you will miss till its gone.

RIP BG.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Many, many people have sadly passed away since I first registered on NSC all those years ago, but I didn't know any of them personally and I therefore didn't feel moved to post in relation to their passing, sad though it obviously was for their respective friends and family.
I didn't personally know Ben's Grandad either, but as others have said on here, through his regular contributions I feel as though I did actually know him.

This news has absolutely shocked and distressed me, and for the very first time as a poster I genuinely want to pass on my sincere condolences to his family.

I'm just pleased that NSC must have given him so much pleasure during his lifetime. You don't post nearly 75,000 times on a message board if you're getting no pleasure from doing it!

This place definitely won't be quite the same from now on, Brian's musings will be sorely missed, and there can be no doubt whatsoever that he truly earned the 'Legend' status being attributed to him.
How many others ... on any message board, not just this one ... are instantly recognised simply from the first letters of their user name?

RIP BG, you will be missed. :salute:

I could not have put it better myself.

RIP Ben's Grandad and condolences to all his family and friends.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
My condolences to you and the rest of the family.
Very sad news.

He will be missed for his enormous contribution to the various debates and especially the ongoing search for a suitable left back.
A real character and would loved to have met him face to face.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Sad news indeed, and condolences to his friends and family. No doubt about it he will be missed on NSC.

RIP BG.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Terribly sad news which really hit me when I saw it last night. BG has been a constant figure in my online life for years. Condolences to his family. RIP

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Only heard about BG's passing this morning when my daughter told me. So sad but some great tributes from the NSC family. The transfer rumour mill has lost a vital cog and with it one of the most entertaining posters we'll ever have. Thanks for your input, BG; it really won't be the same without your insights and the reactions they provoked! Thoughts with family and friends of this wonderful character. The best tribute on Saturday would be a win against Palace. RIP BG,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here