Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett to norwich

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
8 for the wind up
0 for the originality :facepalm:

Untill the club are offered something exceptional they wont be selling Bennett.
If Norwich had bids of around a mil turned down in Jan what's changed the clubs mind?

The fact that we are now nailed on for promotion. In January we were not. Plus Gus will have time to find a replacement and that Bennett himself may still want to go?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Bloody Hell, terrible news, it means another bloody song contest after the Heartbeat one gets dropped

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The fact that we are now nailed on for promotion. In January we were not. Plus Gus will have time to find a replacement and that Bennett himself may still want to go?

Maybe the club told him that he could go in the summer but stay with us to ensure our promotion?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Agree with Lush that his form hasn't been the same since January, would be surprised if he goes in the summer but it's not entirely unbelivable, especially if he is offered those sorts of wages.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I don't get why people struggle to believe this so much, It's very possible, Bennett was happy about the move and if it means the possibility of playing Premier League football then of course he's going to go.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Gus has stated that Bennett is the best winger in the league. Would he be happy to lose him for just £1m, if at all?

I'd find myself a new agent if he was disclosing my salary levels to any old sailor, if I felt I needed one in the first place.

I don't get why people struggle to believe this so much, It's very possible, Bennett was happy about the move and if it means the possibility of playing Premier League football then of course he's going to go.

The story itself is very feasible. What is not feasible is that Bennett's agent has been telling all and sundry what his client is going to earn at Norwich. I'm also doubtful that Gus would let negotiations drag on while we have a run of such important games going on. This makes me suspect that the OP (or whoever told him) is bullshitting.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So a football agent goes around telling anyone who asks just what his client earns/is to earn? Who is his agent?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Moggy isn't the usual BS merchant so I do think this has some truth in it. 17k a week would seem a bit ridiculous mind.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Mainly because we will not accept an offer of £1 million. We bid almost that for Hoskins and he is older than Bennett, Bristol Rovers are in financial trouble and he has already struggled in the Championship (not that this means he would fail again). We, on the other hand, are on the verge of promotion to the Champhionship and moving to our new ground. We will not be accepting under par offers for players.

To add to this, I can't believe Norwich are not waiting to see what division they are in next year before agreeing deals. I think Bennett is a fantastic player but I would think Norwich will aim a little higher if they get to the Premier League.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
There is NO way his Agent would let this type of Information slip at this stage if it were true.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm actually inclined to believe the original poster, doesn't seem to be a bullshitter.

FWIW I say let him go if he wants out, we won't have any problems attracting players of his calibre this coming summer.

Anyone not feeling the gus bus loving can do one as far as i'm concerned, see you later....NEXT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here