Gus look at a winger at west broom as replacement

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Total rubbish

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
17k a week for a player who hasn't played higher than league 1. Yep of course. And 1 million for a team who could reasonably be in the premier league next season right again

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Done deal now!

goes end of season for around 1million
Will be on 17k a week there
Money from transfer goes onto transfer budget next season
Gus look at a winger at west broom as replacement
I'd believe this if:
a) the fee was higher
b) Norwich had been confirmed as a Premiership side

But as it is, too many ifs and buts to be believeable.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Info straight from his agent

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
There is no way a fee of £1m would be enough. We could open up bidding to several teams and get at least 3 or 4 times that amount.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Info straight from his agent
I'm sure the player has quietly gone about asking his agent to put some effort into finding out what sort of deal he can get, but that is far from being a done deal.

Lets face it, if Albion are a Championship side next season with a similar sized stadium and season ticket numbers to Norwich, why would they let him go to an immediate rival for such a knock down price?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Maybe that's why we bid near a million for a player who can play upfront or out wide? All wild conjecture on my part but if bennett to norwich is a done deal, it'd make sense.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
In my view he went slightly off the boil after the Norwich bid came in, and hasn't quite got back on the boil since, so I wouldn't be surprised if a move wasn't still in the offing.

This.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
In my view he went slightly off the boil after the Norwich bid came in, and hasn't quite got back on the boil since, so I wouldn't be surprised if a move wasn't still in the offing.
Agree with this. Still a very good chance Norwich may be promoted this season to the Premiership.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
8 for the wind up
0 for the originality :facepalm:

Untill the club are offered something exceptional they wont be selling Bennett.
If Norwich had bids of around a mil turned down in Jan what's changed the clubs mind?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I can see he could feel resentful if Norwich do get into the Prem, but it's fairly certain now that we are going to be a Championship side, as might Norwich still yet be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here