peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Well right now and for the next 30 minutes or so its

Bennett In - Buckley In

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
we need midfielders especially attacking ones, the same reason we wanted him in jan

lansbury has also gone back to arsenal now

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
according to this a few minutes ago

Fourth_Official Fourth Official
Norwich have signed Brighton's Elliott Bennett for £1.75million #NCFC #BHAFC

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
A journalist for Sport - Norwich Evening News said on Twitter earlier today, “Bennett not until next week at earliest”. He did later go onto say that Buckley signing for Albion may help “oil some Elliott Bennett cogs.”

http://twitter.com/michaeljbailey

You don't think that by "oil some Elliott Bennett cogs" he was inferring there was a hitch with negotiations, and the signing of Buckley would make Bennett more willing to go to Norwich considering this journo may think Buckley would be a direct replacement?...clutching at straws :p

But Benno knows Buckley would be a player to play WITH him if he stayed, meaning he would want to stay?!?!

Last edited:

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
well we don't really have anyone else! only mcnamee last season but he only made a few appearances. there were rumours we were after whittingham from cardiff who could play down the left but that one has gone quiet. not sure how it will affect our midfield diamond that's been so successful

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
heard reports that he's signing a 3 year deal but doesn't seem a certainty.

also looks like we've got bids of around 4m in for snodgrass and osman. don't know if we want both though.

crazy times given we've been skint for years!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Now that BHA are the official ' feeder ' club to Norwich City perhaps the least we can expect is the inside from this contact when they are going to pillage our talent again.
Methinks the Canaries will come in for a double swoop in January...Jake F-C and Lewis Dunk...£200k apiece...followed by Liam Bridcutt in June ( approx £500k )....but don't be surprised if the raiding party lands before then.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I recall on here after the Jan window saying at least we can all support whoever plays Norwich from now on and hope they don't go up (and obviously we do) and remember some trying to say it would be better if they went up as they would set their sights higher etc - they were... wrong!
Yes indeed. I must hold up my hands and admit to thinking exactly that; I thought that Norwich going up would lessen the chances of them wanting Bennett. I thought they'd go for more experienced players rather than taking a gamble on a player who is being asked to step up TWO divisions. I suppose from their point of view it's a (relatively) cheap gamble. If he's on £17,000 a week that's not exactly top Premiership wages, and if he doesn't make the grade they can easily offload him to a Championship club.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
actually the sun today says we've beaten wba to johnson and that lansbury wants to come back

We don't give a shit - I thought that was from an Albion fan at first (silly me).

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Great about Hoskins & Buckley in.

But I wish YOUNG Bennett would have given us another season.
He's worshipped at our local primary school, where he visits with Bridcutt & Gully.
He seems a really happy and good guy.

I'm sure he'll make it in the PL any time he chooses to make the move. So wish it'd be next Summer.

Told he'll earn £18,000 pw at Norwich (compared to the max £11,000 Ambrose, Spironi & Murray making, as an example of absolute max Championship wages).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here