Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett OUT, Buckley IN.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I cannot blame Elliott for going prem lg - had Norwich not gone up I'm sure Benno would be running out at the Amex. Best of luck Benno - you've been amazing for us... Hopefully you may come back one day...

when Norwich were third with a couple of games to go, they were at home to derby and at 2-2, i was listening on the radio, praying it would stay a draw.... because of Benno.

Simeon Jackson scored in 96th minute with last kick of the match, and I was absolutely gutted..... I swore quite loudly a few times and when my Mrs came into the lounge to find out what was going on.... I was rambling on about F**king flukey bastards, I don't f**king believe it and that goal signals the end of our best player etc etc

I honestly thought then that Simeon Jacksons 96th minute goal was the point Benno was gone.

And what did the Mrs PW say to try and help me.

"there's no need to get so upset about it, its only a silly game"..........

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
when Norwich were third with a couple of games to go, they were at home to derby and at 2-2, i was listening on the radio, praying it would stay a draw.... because of Benno.

Simeon Jackson scored in 96th minute with last kick of the match, and I was absolutely gutted..... I swore quite loudly a few times and when my Mrs came into the lounge to find out what was going on.... I was rambling on about F**king flukey bastards, I don't f**king believe it and that goal signals the end of our best player etc etc

I honestly thought then that Simeon Jacksons 96th minute goal was the point Benno was gone.

I recall on here after the Jan window saying at least we can all support whoever plays Norwich from now on and hope they don't go up (and obviously we do) and remember some trying to say it would be better if they went up as they would set their sights higher etc - they were... wrong!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Buckley sounds like a very different type of player to Bennett.
As Hoskins is to Murray.
I wonder if this is moving towards a different way that Gus wants us to play next season?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
wfcthroughandthrough
Also, Bennet has been sold for 1.5 mill to Norwich !!! So Brighton bring in a better player and still have 500k left?!

says it all for me , thanx Elliott Bennett and good luck at Norwich, but more than happy with his replacement

That's all well and good provided Buckley is a better player than Bennett. Bearing in mind that Bennett has been bought by a premiership team and it would seem no other premiership team, nor even a top Championship team have come in for Buckley then the lad has big boots to fill. I will be amazed if we have signed a player with Bennetts skill and temperament. A sad loss but not unexpected.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth

derby actually had a chance to equalise so wasn't as late as many of our winners

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
So, was Bennett was 'hiding the truth' when he was banging on about not going anywhere and couldn't wait to start next season at the Amex?
Or was he keeping quiet to avoid 'peeing on the fireworks' at the time of the parade etc? Or has the new, improved offer come in since then and it's all news to Benno too?
I can't help feeling a bit fed up about the whole thing. But then again, I keep forgetting, these guys DO NOT love The Albion, it's just a job to them.
Hard to believe though, when you recall the team spirit and brilliant camaraderie witnessed just a few short weeks ago.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
bit harsh i feel. the season is barely over and there will be many more signings

would rather have british, young and hungry, than old foreign prima donnas

Can I be the first to say that I hope you get relegated with the lowest ever points in the Premier League. Small minded probably but that's two seasons running you've had our best player off us, the one last season for peanuts, so it's pissed me off and I'm not gonna try and hide it :annoyed:

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Can I be the first to say that I hope you get relegated with the lowest ever points in the Premier League. Small minded probably but that's two seasons running you've had our best player off us, the one last season for peanuts, so it's pissed me off and I'm not gonna try and hide it :annoyed:

fair enough, i remember how i felt when we lost sutton, eadie and bellamy.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
yeah i'm guessing he's on holiday and no rush to announce a fee has been agreed when you want to finalise the buckley deal first

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
to be honest this could be a good move for us, could give us a lot more width down the right which will stop us being so left side dominant not the worst decision!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
bit harsh i feel. the season is barely over and there will be many more signings

would rather have british, young and hungry, than old foreign prima donnas

I dont disagree but Vaughan anf Morrison wont get 15 goals between them in the prem and you have spent a lot of money on Morrison, Its the same with Swansea, Graham isnt worth 3.5 million.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here