Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett OUT, Buckley IN.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Elliott Bennett - A top bloke. A kind and down to earth young man with his feet firmly on the ground and believe it or not a high level of loyalty. Always very friendly and humble. A fantastic footballer who played a massive part in us getting promoted which many of us still can't believe - the timing is sensational. I cannot blame Elliott for going prem lg - had Norwich not gone up I'm sure Benno would be running out at the Amex. Best of luck Benno - you've been amazing for us... Hopefully you may come back one day...

Albion Legend IMO - in only 2 years with us!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Elliott Bennett - A top bloke. A kind and down to earth young man with his feet firmly on the ground and believe it or not a high level of loyalty. Always very friendly and humble. A fantastic footballer who played a massive part in us getting promoted which many of us still can't believe - the timing is sensational. I cannot blame Elliott for going prem lg - had Norwich not gone up I'm sure Benno would be running out at the Amex. Best of luck Benno - you've been amazing for us... Hopefully you may come back one day...

Well said Sheebo, he comes across as a gunuinely humble down to earth bloke and he was absolutely quality for us.

A lot of hand wringing going on about the loss of Murray and Bennett but I'm not sure what the club was meant to do about either. We wouldn't or weren't able to afford Murray (depending on who you listen to). We weren't (and rightfully so) going to stop a young player from playing in the Premiership.

bethnalgreenblue

Feb 9, 2011
Bethnal Green, London
A shame to lose a fantastic and down-to-earth player, but few deserve their chance in the Premier League more than him. I hope it works out for him up there. He was absolutely key in our promotion this year, he managed to knuckle down after the January speculation, and his goal against Walsall was a perfect goodbye. I'm disappointed, but no hard feelings.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I'll take that. Benno has been a class act since joining us and I wish him all the best and hope he sets the premiership on fire. Buckley looks to be a decent player and has experience in the championship so im happy with this.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
He goes with my blessing and thanks. He did the decent thing in January and stayed (although I thought he lost his edge) when we needed him.

Gus knows full well, that if he stands in Elliott's way when he has the chance to progress, other young talent will not fancy joining us, because they think they will not be allowed to take their chance if/when it comes along.

Also, he did ask for a transfer in January, and Gus has made it clear he only wants players committed to playing in the Stripes.

I am certain we will see a lot more comings and goings in the next couple of years, as Gus gets good players, develops them further (when we get the advantage of them playing), and then we sell them (and we get the advantage of the money). Unfortunately, until we get to the Premiership ourselves, it will always happen with our best players, and even then, with the very best ones likely to be grabbed by the "top 4".

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Personally I believe that Murray's departure is a much greater loss than Bennett. There are plenty of good midfielders around, but finding a striker with all of Murray's qualities will be tough.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Personally I believe that Murray's departure is a much greater loss than Bennett. There are plenty of good midfielders around, but finding a striker with all of Murray's qualities will be tough.

He has gone. He is a c unt. Gus clearly does not rate him as highly as you do. Just move on.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Im just gutted as he leaves just as we find a catchy song to sing for him :shootself

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Watford forum seems a bit hit or miss on him. All agree he has potential though.

4 goals and 4 assists last year apparently but their pitch was like a field remember

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

very well said. I'm very sad to see him go, but good luck Elliott.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
wfcthroughandthrough
Also, Bennet has been sold for 1.5 mill to Norwich !!! So Brighton bring in a better player and still have 500k left?!

says it all for me , thanx Elliott Bennett and good luck at Norwich, but more than happy with his replacement

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here