Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett bid accepted?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
to this point, everyone was already ahead of themselves. Make no mistakes , 4th Bottom would be good and this is the same regardless of who comes and goes

Hard as f*** division , lets not be deluded

4th bottom then build

bloom wants top 6, i'd settle for mid table.... 4th bottom is a bit to pessimistic in early June.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We will not be prepared to go up-we will do exceptionally well to even make the play off's but i'm sick & tired of this 4th from bottom crap & negativity may as well sit there in silence & accept our fate-this is a tough division no doubt,they can't all win,we play football now unlike 2002 & 2004,we have a lot to look forward too-perhaps we should see us for what we wil be next season instead of overly worrying about others-respect caution but no fear-14th.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
:bounce:
Has this been done and dusted then? Just waiting for Benno to agree terms at Norwich?

Hate to lose EB-but Gus staying will be the biggest thing-no player in my book whoever they are is worth keeping if they don't want to be here-players come and go...

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Given the figures being banded about for craig makail-smith and Oxlade-Chamberlain we better get more than a million if we let EB go. Especially considering how many years he has left on his contract

OK We have the 17th biggest ground currently in the Championship (though hopefully we will be higher up the pecking order in attendances), however IF Murray & Bennett both go (our best two players), then 17th IMO is a realistic spot for us.
.....we are not going to get any big names here, so get real peeps! Negative - me? Nah! 30 years of BHA watching!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
OK We have the 17th biggest ground currently in the Championship (though hopefully we will be higher up the pecking order in attendances), however IF Murray & Bennett both go (our best two players), then 17th IMO is a realistic spot for us.
.....we are not going to get any big names here, so get real peeps! Negative - me? Nah! 30 years of BHA watching!

And in those 30 years when did we move into a brand new stadium and have 18,500 ST holders? Be a little more positive it is only early June, wasn't this same negative talk done same time last year?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

In my relative low 23 years we have never had such regular large gates for next season-my biggest Goldstone gate was 26,000 vs Arsenal...

This is planet Amex-with 4 ROOFS not Withdean Brighton-big us up a bit

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sensible post, as is your one below it. Steve Foster - stop thinking glass half empty!

Not going to say we will do a Norwich(be nice) & we should always take it if it came our way,but we just are not ready are we? but next season at least gate wise would reflect what we are and should have always become a well established (some work to be done on that yet)Championship level club,competing.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011

No gloom required.

It's not about constructed seats in older stadiums.
Our gates / income will be greater than:
Barnsley
Palace
Doncaster
Peterborough
Bristol City
Millwall
Burnley

Then many of the other clubs have bank debts, annual losses, excessive wages bills, and interest. Ours ... nil £.

Good job Poyet, Bloom, our players and majority of fans are positive people.

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
Given the figures being banded about for craig makail-smith and Oxlade-Chamberlain we better get more than a million if we let EB go. Especially considering how many years he has left on his contract

I thought that CMS was out of contract and also that as he is 27 this meant that no fee applied - apart from whatever signing on fee he can negotiate as a result of being a free agent.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Jebus its all doom and gloom on this thread, so whats the big deal EB is not the first and wont be the last player or even manager who wants to further his career, its a fact of lfe in football only us the fans have loyalty and even that by the looks of these posts is debatable. Cheer up for fecks sake.Why are people already moaning and doom mongering and we aint kicked a fecking ball. Be positive trying thinking along the lines of maybe EB is going, now who are we going to replace him with like maybe it frees up money for the boy from watford !
1/There will be a plan / replacement
2/We have a spanking new ground
3/Palarse are signing our cast offs
4/Fecking chillax people

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Okay - here goes for what it's worth....
In my 46 years of following the Albion, I have rarely seen a side display such beautiful football skills.

14 years I thought we would lose our club forever..... Now my 85 year old father and I have some excellent football to look forward to - and a beautiful venue for it.

Gus will get a team worthy of the stadium, I am sure of that!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
If this is true....and I think it may well be...I like everyone else will be pissed off at £1million and starting to wonder who we are getting in!

Trying to keep faith in the clubs vision and direction!

GET LUA LUA FFS!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If he goes then so be it, poor decision for him as he will only be loaned out again.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If this is true....and I think it may well be...I like everyone else will be pissed off at £1million and starting to wonder who we are getting in!

Trying to keep faith in the clubs vision and direction!

GET LUA LUA FFS!!!

I think we will bid for a season long loan or bid £1.25m either way we will bid-i feel it in my waters-if EB stay or not-my only concern should we with KLL's injury prone status?? yes

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
£1.25m is a ridiculous amount of money for Lua Lua. I wouldnt pay anymore than about half of that. He's out of contract next year and clearly isn't a premiership player. (not at the moment anyway). I reckon 500k with add-ons would get him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here