Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett bid accepted?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I repeat, Vital Football is not a news site. It is run by amateurs speculating, and you can tell that from the fact that there are no sources given in the article, no quotes, and the grammar is awful. I also suspect Biscuit is on a bit of a wind-up.

Now, it may well be that Bennett goes this summer. But if he does I'm confident it will be for a good fee, and nothing to do with this ludicrious piece of non-news from an amateur site trying to pass off speculation and hearsay as journalism.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
True, but they don't appear to be speculating. The're saying the bid HAS been accepted.

It says Brighton "are believed" to have accepted a bid. Big difference. It's probably one of them has heard a rumour which is as credible as any other rumour on here, and has decided to write a massively presumptive and unsubstantiated article filled with loads of random unverifiable assumptions.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
it comes up on the news feed so would be very irresponsible of whoever is behind it to post a false story

If it does turn out to be bollox this site should be castrated as should the author

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
it comes up on the news feed so would be very irresponsible of whoever is behind it to post a false story

I'm not convinced they have enough traffic to make anything they were to post particularly irresponsible. Vital Football is not a reputable source, it's amateur journalists who write for it in their spare time, and as such they do not have the time, the contacts (knowing someone at the club is not the same as proper media access) and by and large the ability to do their research properly. If/when reputable, professional media/the club start reporting this story, I will start to believe it. Until then it is unsubstantiated hearsay in my book.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
It says Brighton "are believed" to have accepted a bid. Big difference. It's probably one of them has heard a rumour which is as credible as any other rumour on here, and has decided to write a massively presumptive and unsubstantiated article filled with loads of random unverifiable assumptions.

All valid comments, but I can't help but think this is true (even if the fee mentioned is wrong). Us signing Buckley to replace him also sounds likely.

Hope it all bollocks of course though!

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
If this is true I'll be gutted. Pretty much my favourite player when he got here and even on the parade bus he was talking about how excited he was to be playing at the Amex. And also, I think he's a brilliant footballer.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Hands up who remembers Watford away in the FA cup earlier this year? We played them off the pitch, while Bennett was on the bench.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be as gutted as all of you if he leaves, but it is far from being a disaster. We've got players like Greer, Calderon, Bridcutt who are going to be immense in the Championship, and we still have just under 3 months of transfer window left. We've never been in a better position to lose our best player.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Hands up who remembers Watford away in the FA cup earlier this year? We played them off the pitch, while Bennett was on the bench.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be as gutted as all of you if he leaves, but it is far from being a disaster. We've got players like Greer, Calderon, Bridcutt who are going to be immense in the Championship, and we still have just under 3 months of transfer window left. We've never been in a better position to lose our best player.

Sensible stuff - onwards and upwards!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Elliott Bennet happy at Brighton despite handing in transfer request
By Football, on February 2nd, 2011

Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Elliott Bennett says he is happy at the League One club.

The 22-year-old handed in a transfer request last week after interest from Championship outfit Norwich City.

He told BBC Sussex: “It was never a case of me being unhappy and not wanting to play for the football club.

“A club from a higher division wanted me. I wanted to pursue it – it didn’t work out. I’m more than happy to still be a Brighton player.”

He added: “I’ll do all I can in training and in games to make sure the gaffer [Gus Poyet] keeps picking me.”

The former Wolves trainee returned to the Albion side for their 0-0 draw with Leyton Orient on Tuesday after sitting out their FA Cup win at Watford on Saturday.

And Bennett said he was pleased with the reaction he got from the Seagulls’ travelling support.

“That was massive for me,” he said. “It was one of the things I was worried about.

“I didn’t want people to take it personally. I’d like to thank all the fans who showed me support.”

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
A million would be fine if we can get Buckley for that.Much better than the peanuts they gave us for Crofts.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A couple of points: Murray and Bennett, while excellent at League One level (for one complete season only in Muzza's case) are entirely unknown quantities when it comes to the Championship.

The Sun piece linking us with enquiries for Cork and Lansbury appeared under the byline* of a writer who last season linked a League One player with a move to a well-known Premier League club in the north whose manager had recently left the League One club. Unfortunately (or amusingly) the player in question was the very last person that the manager would want around the place, although he would probably have been very happy to resume his, er, acquaintance with the player's wife.

So basically, don't assume that losing Benno would be a disaster, and don't believe everything you read - even in papers with decent football pages, let alone on websites with no pedigree. Not that most of us do.

(* which doesn't mean that he wrote it)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Sun piece linking us with enquiries for Cork and Lansbury appeared under the byline* of a writer who last season linked a League One player with a move to a well-known Premier League club in the north whose manager had recently left the League One club. Unfortunately (or amusingly) the player in question was the very last person that the manager would want around the place, although he would probably have been very happy to resume his, er, acquaintance with the player's wife.

I can't possibly imagine who that could be ...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Unfortunately I think he will go. Disappointing, but I don't begrudge the player his shot at the big time. He asked to go in January, didn't get what he wanted, but at no point did he sulk or stop putting in the effort, and for that, he deserves respect. How many players do you see stamping their feet and causing all sorts of problems (usually bringing up the old "I want a club as ambitious* as I am" line) when they secretly and illegally engineer a move that is blocked by their club?

I do hope it's worth more than a million though. That's reasonable if we were still in League One, but we're in the Championship now, the player is more valuable to us as a result, and we still have to pay Wolves off, so his value should have shot up since Norwich last came sniffing.

*ambitious = will pay me ten times what I earn now

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
norwich journo says

michaeljbailey Michael Bailey
No quotes, but after digging around today I'd back the news #ncfc have had their Elliott Bennett bid accepted. For me, it's on... #pinkun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here