Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett bid accepted?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Given the figures being banded about for craig makail-smith and Oxlade-Chamberlain we better get more than a million if we let EB go. Especially considering how many years he has left on his contract

And if we don't, it wont say much for the club's negotaiting skills.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
£1.25m is a ridiculous amount of money for Lua Lua. I wouldnt pay anymore than about half of that. He's out of contract next year and clearly isn't a premiership player. (not at the moment anyway). I reckon 500k with add-ons would get him.

Then seriously really why are we waiting-why i wonder

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
On reflection and understandably, if a premiership team came in for Bennett ala Norwich... and quite rightly, he is excited with the opportunity...how many times does the club push back on the offer before Norwich then say..sod it resulting in a disengaged squad player who I can only guess has agreed to stay in January and played his part in our L1 success!!

If this does happen....good luck to the lad....trying to keep faith in the legend that is Mr Poyet building a squad to keep us in the championship!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I can't be arsed to read all 11 pages but if we had made a gentlemens agreement in Jan to sell Bennett, why did we extend his contract. He would still have had a year left on his original contract so going now we would still be entitled to a fee. Mischief making at it's worst.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I can't be arsed to read all 11 pages but if we had made a gentlemens agreement in Jan to sell Bennett, why did we extend his contract. He would still have had a year left on his original contract so going now we would still be entitled to a fee. Mischief making at it's worst.

My understanding was he signed an extension sometime earlier about November-had no problems untill what couple of days before the window shuts then can i leave now

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He signed the extension to his contract in November, two months before the window opened and Norwich showed any interest in him.
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Bennett Signs New Deal

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Nowich were interested in him in January it is fair to assume that they were monitoring him in November so why didnt they use an intermediatory (his agent) to stop him signing an extention and thus buy him at a lower price.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If Nowich were interested in him in January it is fair to assume that they were monitoring him in November so why didnt they use an intermediatory (his agent) to stop him signing an extention and thus buy him at a lower price.

ethics?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I did post about a possible verbal agreement that may have taken place in January but this would have been between Benno and the club and not directly involved Norwich. The contract extension was signed in November 2010 , 3 months before Norwich made their initial bid.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I did post about a possible verbal agreement that may have taken place in January but this would have been between Benno and the club and not directly involved Norwich. The contract extension was signed in November 2010 , 3 months before Norwich made their initial bid.

Gus & Tony did well there-for what its worth

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010

Ethics + football = Don't go together.........What talks in football is this.....£££££'s....All ethics are left at the front door by the majority of players at most clubs. Nuff said. On a serious note I see Norwich as another Blackpool and straight back down.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
£1.25m is a fair price, it will give us £1m after the wolves sell on clause. Taraabt and Sinclair went for considerably less than that and they are FAR better. Some people need to get serious!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Leave our players alone please you carrot crunching barstards.

Attachments

• carrrr.bmp
    66.1 KB · Views: 529
  • ca.bmp
    76.9 KB · Views: 532

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The thing that made me laugh in that article from the Argus is that they labelled Buckley a "star" player from Watford.

If he's a star Bennett must be world class. Unless star doesnt mean much these days.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Big loss, but the deal has greater ramifications.

Give a guy, that was freezed out, a chance to let him shine and then let him leave if the right deal comes in for all parties. Elliott did his part and it was time to let him move on. I am confident that we can plug the gap. Nooney was peripheral last season, in some ways, and we can expect to see more of him.

Thank Elliott and good luck.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
The thing that made me laugh in that article from the Argus is that they labelled Buckley a "star" player from Watford.

If he's a star Bennett must be world class. Unless star doesnt mean much these days.

Considered one of the best young players in the CHAMPIONSHIP last season.

Watford's young player of the year.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I like 99% of fans will be gutted to see him go whilst wishing him all the best for the future but maybe we should look at this as an opportunity to maybe sign one of Norwich's player who may not be quite ready for the premiership possibly Chris Martin or Simeon Jackson, they seem very close to signing Morrison from Millwall and have signed Vaughan from Everton already and are still in for CMS so they certainly will be top heavy with strikers if all sign, Anthony McNamee might be worth a look although he hasn't set the world alike with the Canaries. I think the Championship could prove to be a bit of a shock for us and I would like to get a few older heads in to guide our talented team the start of the season. I still have a lot of faith in Gus and think the Hoskins signing was a good start, Buckley looks an exciting player and i am glad we are being linked with players like Jack Cork and Henri Lansbury it shows our intent even if we don't capture them. I think a lot of London clubs (Fulham, Arsenal and Spurs) would be happy to see their player develop at Brighton under Poyet (even though he is not a fan of loan players) and finally I hope we get decent money for Bennett as 1 million is clearly not enough for us to lose this talismanic player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here