Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bendtner and the hardships of being a footballer....

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The guy has made some valid points. Not sure why he is being ridiculed by some of the posters. FFS he admits it's his choice.

I think that it's possibly the fact that he earns £6 million a year, playing football may have something to do with it.

Plus this is Nicklas Bentdner not Wayne Rooney - If I saw him in Wokmania I wouldn't even give him a second glance!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He can go skiing any time he likes. Obviously if he breaks his leg, he's f**ked and uninsured, but there's nothing to actually stop him. It just might cost him £20million. I suggest he simply wears a balaclava at all times to avoid being shopped by Spurs fans.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
skiing??

what a gay, shouldn't it be snowboarding? he's missing?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Am i the ONLY one who thinks he has said nothing bad at all in his interview?

He's not MOANING. He is making a simple statement about some of the draw backs which ANY job has.

If you earn 50k a year and are having a conversation with someone on 20k are you not allowed to mention that your tired from working your long hours or from not sleeping well in your hotel which you had to stay in for a conference?

There is always someone better off than someone else. It doesn't mean they are not allowed to talk about times when they have difficulties because of it.

I imagine going out and being pestered is quite annoying. But again, he is hardly MOANING is he.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"Personally, I think I pay a big price..."

This bit tells you all you need to know.

It's like listening to a lottery winner moaning about how long planning permission is taking for them to built their 5-acre mansion, or listening to the Queen talking about her tax bill.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
"Personally, I think I pay a big price..."

This bit tells you all you need to know.

It's like listening to a lottery winner moaning about how long planning permission is taking for them to built their 5-acre mansion, or listening to the Queen talking about her tax bill.

Exactly this. He is rubbing it in the noses of those a lot less fortunate than himself who would love just to be able to afford a holiday once a year, let alone skiing

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I just can't get past the fact that he thinks anyone cares who he is or would recognise him in a restaurant in the first place? I have no idea what he looks like (save the pics in this thread) nor know anything about his career other than he turns out now and again for Arsenal and has apparently convinced Wenger to pay him £50k a week.

He's no Thierry fuckin Henry

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

He's not MOANING. He is making a simple statement about some of the draw backs which ANY job has.

If you earn 50k a year and are having a conversation with someone on 20k are you not allowed to mention that your tired from working your long hours or from not sleeping well in your hotel which you had to stay in for a conference?

There is always someone better off than someone else. It doesn't mean they are not allowed to talk about times when they have difficulties because of it.

I imagine going out and being pestered is quite annoying. But again, he is hardly MOANING is he.

Really ?

Personally I think he is so insulated and detached the reality of life for most people that he can barely see past the end of his nose. He is a Premier League footballer at one of the biggest clubs in the country. That means that everything - EVERYTHING in his life that might be deemed difficult or complicated or worrisome, is simply taken care of for him by other people. Buying a house, sorting a car, travelling for work, looking after money, investments, life after retirement etc etc etc, all sorted on his behalf...there is an army of people running around wiping this blokes arse so that the ONLY thing he has to focus on is his football. Or pointing at a Maserati in a magazine and having it turn up the next day on his driveway.

There's precious little for him to "worry" about out here in the real world - top of his little list being that he can't go skiiing, and that sometimes he has his picture taken at a restaurant. What a price to pay eh.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Sat here open mouthed in astonishment at the people on here taking this way too seriously.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And of course, he was FORCED to date someone also in the public eye, and he is FORCED to go to nightclubs.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Paolo Maldini once said that he found it easy to abstain from excessive food or alcohol because he knew once he finished his career around 40 he'd then have the freedom to enjoy these things on a daily basis for the rest of his life.

I'd like to think that most pros in the Prem DO grasp this concept, but it plainly isn't the case.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

this

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I really can't see the problem with what he's said. I'm sure he, and most top sports pros, realise how lucky they are to get paid to do something that most of us do for fun. He has just given a general comment on the lifestyle that goes with living in such a privileged position.

I think most people are just jealous of the earnings. Maybe we should despise our chairman as well? If some of the speculations of his wealth are to be believed then he will be earning more than a premiership wage on interest alone, and I bet he still goes skiing!!

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I really can't see the problem with what he's said. I'm sure he, and most top sports pros, realise how lucky they are to get paid to do something that most of us do for fun. He has just given a general comment on the lifestyle that goes with living in such a privileged position.

I think most people are just jealous of the earnings. Maybe we should despise our chairman as well? If some of the speculations of his wealth are to be believed then he will be earning more than a premiership wage on interest alone, and I bet he still goes skiing!!

Fair enough, but I think the main issue with me is that this Bentner chap gets paid a shed load of money for not actually being the best at what he does. I have no issue with people who I perceive being worth their value.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here