Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bendtner and the hardships of being a footballer....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But is he asking for people to feel sorry for him, or is he merely highlighting some of the sacrifices required in order to earn the obsence amounts he makes?

Obviously my heart doesn't exactly bleed, but in a world where people still think Dave Jones is fair game to be called "a f***king paedophile", and remembering that excellent tale involving Joe Cole and his dad, and so on, I think it's reasonable to remember that it doesn't all just arrive on a plate for some of the best in the game.

Not going on skiing holidays is NOT a serious "sacrifice". Not even close. Also Simster, he could probably retire very soon if he wanted to, and still live perfectly comfortably.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Footballers aren't very good at PR, are they?

Rio Ferdinand was tweeting on deadline day...

"Carrol has huge potential no doubt,is 35m still not a hefty sum of money in this recession we r meant to be in!?He will be top player"

:tosser:

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
He's probably earned more money in his short career than every poster on this thread will earn in their lifetime combined. I dare say he has enough money to give up his job tomorrow and go skiing with his beautiful girlfriend 10 times a year for the rest of his life. And people will have forgotten who he is in 6 months. Problem solved. Don't worry Nicklas, we'd cope without you.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
He earns more in three days than most hardworking people do in a week.

Those of us who subscribe to Sky Sports help feed the obscene feeding frenzy of the Premiership.

Frankly it comes with the territory, if he's so concerned about his situation maybe he'd like to retire and drive a bus.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
If a man wants to show off his black pants in a night club, he should be allowed to without the intrusion of the paparazzi.

I feel sorry for him

bendtnerXP_450x508.jpg

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Seems fair enough to me. If I was given the choice right now to be a professional footballer or the life I have now I would think a lot about some of the things he has mentioned.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I do have sympathy with him and other "celebrities" over the lack of privacy they get. I am a private person and would despise not being able to go out without drawing attention to myself. But then to bleat on about having to watch what he eats/drinks all year round and that he can't go skiing is quite an insult to people who are struggling to make ends meet.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
This will blow over in a few days, but is basically sums up how out of touch some of these footballers are. Its a stupid thing to say with the way things are at the moment. I do hope in some ways Sky do lose this court case, so these spoilt little shit bags need to take a pay cut. Are they also that thick and do not realise that the supporters also supplement their wages.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Will you all stop saying he earns this money, he simply gets paid it for a bit of jogging and kicking.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I do have sympathy with him and other "celebrities" over the lack of privacy they get. I am a private person and would despise not being able to go out without drawing attention to myself. But then to bleat on about having to watch what he eats/drinks all year round and that he can't go skiing is quite an insult to people who are struggling to make ends meet.

But then you hear from a lot of players whom actually like moving to a London club because they get more privacy in London than an Italian club or even a Spanish club where the press are on at you all the time and you are in much more of a goldfish bowl if in say Milan/Barcelona.

Also, as I think most people realise it is just Bentner coming across as Charlie "Big Potatoes" he is about the 100th best footballer in London, which paparazzi wants to follow that useless sack, unless he is stumbling out of a nightclub with his jeans around his ankles of course!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Fancy all that intrusion. Look at this impromptu picture, presumably the paparazzi took of him and his wife.

elle-actual.jpg

Fu*(k*ng hypocrites. That's what annoys me about these people. They are happy to be plastered on the front of a magazine, but later on they moan about lack of privacy. Nothing like biting the hand that fed you in the first place.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not going on skiing holidays is NOT a serious "sacrifice". Not even close. Also Simster, he could probably retire very soon if he wanted to, and still live perfectly comfortably.

Where does he say that it is a serious sacrifice? Seems there are a lot who think he is a waste of space (I wouldn't necessarily disagree) and are using his comments as a stick to beat him. I suspect there are footballers at BHA who are not allowed to go on skiing holidays and aren't paid £50k. Are you going to slag them off. I bet they have to sacrifice things normal people do, such as a good night out on a Friday with the mates. Maybe is some of the English players had the self discipline relating to their career they could 'over achieve' like Bendtner. Cue Andy Carroll!

The guy was probably asked a question by a journo as to what he misses by being a footballer and he gives an answer. He states he isn't complaining because being a footballer is what he wants most. Would you rather some moronic answer or do you prefer a bit of honesty.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
*refuses to make any further comments about Bendtner after his 'fail thread'*

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Poor chap, my 26 year old mrs who has multiple sclerosis and has been unable to walk without a stick for 4 years agrees that that he's got it so hard - what would he possibly do if he had a real problem?

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
what about Joe Cole and his dad?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here