Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bendtner and the hardships of being a footballer....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
£50k week Nicklas Bendtner gives us all a sobering insight into the life and trevails of being a multi-millionaire Premiership footballer:

"There is a price to pay as well for us players. Personally, I think I pay a big price with my body, my time and with never being able to have privacy when I am out and around other people.

‘I am not complaining. It’s a natural part of being a professional footballer but it is definitely a price to pay when, for example, you can’t go out to eat in a restaurant with your girlfriend without photographers chasing you. The biggest thing I miss because of football is that I really, really love to go on a skiing holiday but as long as I have my career, I can’t do that because of the risk of being injured.

‘That is one thing that has been taken away from me by football that other young people can do. They have the freedom to decide how to spend their time. I see friends doing interesting things with their lives but I have always made football my first priority.

'We spend an incredible amount of time, energy and focus on our football career. When we are not training or playing matches, we still have to live for football."

Fair play to Nicklas for coming out and revealing this. I honestly didn't realise the sacrifices, such as skiing holidays, that these poor guys have to make in order to have a career in football. The next time I find myself rolling my eyes at the millions and millions being paid to suffocatingly average footballers in wages, I'll have cause now to stop and remember the fact that they can never go skiiing, ride a motorbike, go bungee-jumping or ride an ill-disciplined wild mustang on a sheep-herding trip to Arizona.

Food for thought isn't it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
His girlfriend is that FIT Danish PRINCESS bird, isn't it?

The fact he thinks people are taking pictures of HIM says it all!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I must admit I find it ASTONISHING that he is ONLY paid £50k a week.

How does he live on that??

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know they are paid obscene amounts but I think they do put up with a fair bit in some ways - the lack of privacy and the tiresome personal abuse, and the restrictions of movement are all things the rest of us take for granted, IMO.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My heart goes out to the guy, all those sacrifices he makes and having to actually do some WORK for his £50k a week, it must be terrible.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I know they are paid obscene amounts but I think they do put up with a fair bit in some ways - the lack of privacy and the tiresome personal abuse, and the restrictions of movement are all things the rest of us take for granted, IMO.

But skiing holidays?! F**k. Poor guy.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But skiing holidays?! F**k. Poor guy.
But is he asking for people to feel sorry for him, or is he merely highlighting some of the sacrifices required in order to earn the obsence amounts he makes?

Obviously my heart doesn't exactly bleed, but in a world where people still think Dave Jones is fair game to be called "a f***king paedophile", and remembering that excellent tale involving Joe Cole and his dad, and so on, I think it's reasonable to remember that it doesn't all just arrive on a plate for some of the best in the game.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Quite apart from the complete lack of skiiing, what some of us are also forgetting is that he'll have to wait until he is 36 or 37 before he has the freedom to go and do something "interesting" with his life, like his friends can. He's trapped, imprisoned in this career of slavery.

Christiano was right wasn't he.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
That is the saddest story I have ever read. A real tearjerker. He should speak to Jodi Picoult about writing a book about the miserable existance he has and the sacrifices he has made. Could make a fortune

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Ah bless.

Still when he retires at around the age of 35 I am sure that even if he has been semi sensible with the money he has earnt he will be able to go on skiing holidays every week for the rest of his life if he so desires.

Also he is fcuking useless too.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The guy has made some valid points. Not sure why he is being ridiculed by some of the posters. FFS he admits it's his choice.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Hmmm, why is it I feel no sympathy for this miserable wanker ? The prick conveniently forgets that he earns more in a week than most people do in a year.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Hmmm, why is it I feel no sympathy for this miserable wanker ? The prick conveniently forgets that he earns more in a week than most people do in a year.

He earns more in three days than most hardworking people do in a year.

Those of us who subscribe to Sky Sports help feed the obscene feeding frenzy of the Premiership.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We are SO LUCKY that we all have the freedom to choose how to spend our time. As opposed to Nicklas, who probably has to train from 10am till 1pm Tuesday to Friday, followed by a tiresome full massage, and then have part of his weekend taken up by football. Sometimes there will be an evening game as well, where he might not even get off the bench till getting on for 9.15pm. Where's the "me" time in Nicklas's world ? Are those sacrfices really worth it in the long run ?

Its a worry, to be sure.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
After seeing how easy he went over in that Huddersfield game recently I wouldn`t fancy his chances on the ski slopes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here