Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Talking about a manager who isnt even contracted to their club. However, the utter worship of Bielsa is frankly amazing. Of course he's a good manager who has done well to get Leeds promoted, but Potter took a 4th division Swedish team into Europe. What happens if Bielsa walks away? Have they got the strength of squad to survive that. I doubt it. They are utterly dependent on him staying and even then it will be a challenge for them to stay up.
Anyway, White has done the right thing, and has kept his head down and said nothing. Long may that continue.

When you compare both management careers, Potter's look better.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Leeds have become a collective Swansman (gawd bless im)....love the manager more that their club. Can't wait until he goes and they have to hire Marco Silva or Warnock.

Pardew and Steve McLaren still available.

DonRevie

Aug 19, 2020
Leeds
Just to add a bit of perspective from a Leeds point of view. It seems whatever happens will now be sorted in the next few days as we need to move on if the deal isn’t going to happen. What is clear is that Ben wants to come and from my understanding the offer on the table will be our final one. I’m hearing it’s 25m rising to 30m possibly 35m down the line. Personally I think it’s a lot to pay and I can’t see a better offer coming in from anyone else. I understand and respect that he’s your player and I’m sure TB will do as he see’s fit. I guess the next step in all of this now is for Ben to put a transfer request in and then it’s whether you guys want a player who wants away to be potentially going for cheaper this time next season due to his contract running down.

I’d personally love him to come as he was truly outstanding for us last season and I have no doubt at all he can handle the step up to the prem. That said I’m also confident that the alternative we’re looking at in Koch who would be 15m cheaper would be excellent too under Bielsa’s guidance. The difference is White is already upto speed with us so there’s no risk of needing to bed him in. Whatever happens I’ll always be thankful for last season and how he helped finally get us back up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just to add a bit of perspective from a Leeds point of view. It seems whatever happens will now be sorted in the next few days as we need to move on if the deal isn’t going to happen. What is clear is that Ben wants to come and from my understanding the offer on the table will be our final one. I’m hearing it’s 25m rising to 30m possibly 35m down the line. Personally I think it’s a lot to pay and I can’t see a better offer coming in from anyone else. I understand and respect that he’s your player and I’m sure TB will do as he see’s fit. I guess the next step in all of this now is for Ben to put a transfer request in and then it’s whether you guys want a player who wants away to be potentially going for cheaper this time next season due to his contract running down.

I’d personally love him to come as he was truly outstanding for us last season and I have no doubt at all he can handle the step up to the prem. That said I’m also confident that the alternative we’re looking at in Koch who would be 15m cheaper would be excellent too under Bielsa’s guidance. The difference is White is already upto speed with us so there’s no risk of needing to bed him in. Whatever happens I’ll always be thankful for last season and how he helped finally get us back up.

It isn’t clear that Ben wants to come. You don’t fork out on a million quid house near the training ground if you want to move 250 miles north.
He is just negotiating new terms on his existing contract, nothing more than that.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Why is it clear he wants to come ? Source ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What is clear is that Ben wants to come.

Appreciate you taking the time to register to post all of that.

Not wishing to piss on your chips so soon after you've popped up, but from this end it really isn't clear at all.

And when I say "not clear" I mean "you're talking shit".

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Not turning on him at all! Just stating facts the difference between the leagues are ridiculous you won't get away with dribbling the ball from defence to attack.. Because every team has quality players all over the pitch whereas in the champ theres only a handful of genuinely quality players in the whole league.

I know that and you know that.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Leeds do make me laugh. They are a feeder to Man Utd. Jordan, McQueen, Ferdinand, Cantona, Smith. Utds historical feeder club.

Only Leeds see Utd as rivals. Utd themselves couldn't give a damm about Leeds. Their rivals are Liverpool.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

I recommend you look at some of the videos of us under Hughton when we were promoted. It's a huge step up and you'll need as much of Biesla's fabled 'guidance' as possible.

White has made no public indication he was wants to leave us and if he does, and is as good as you lot think, i'm afraid it won't be to you.

Good luck next year. I for one can't wait until we play you.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

What Ben wants isn't clear. So there's no perspective at all except a false made up narrative from Leeds fans.

DonRevie

Aug 19, 2020
Leeds
Why is it clear he wants to come ? Source ?

I know for certain he wants the move mate. I’m not just guessing at that either, I’m good friends myself with someone he’s recently been away on holiday with is all I’ll say. Doesn’t mean it’ll happen by any stretch as i’m sure if you guys make it clear he’s not going then he will have to honour that and rightly so. There’s also no way on earth that we’d be putting bids in for him if he hadn’t given the club the indication he wants to come.

At the end of the day the ball is in your court now but I do think it’s more than a fair price for him.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I can't help but think that there may well be a link between whether White goes to Leeds and whether Bielsa stays. It seems quite possible that Bielsa has made it a condition of him staying that White should also transfer in and that he would see a failure to secure White as a marker of Leeds inability to attract the players he needs to continue performing miracles (for surely he is the son of God) and thus not a club that would be able to match his player transfer commandments and thus not a club with whom he should invest any more of his divine time. Just saying.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Where do you get White wants to go to Leeds? I have never seen any mention of that other than from Leeds fans. If I was in Whites shoes and It was true, I would have already asked for a transfer instead of waiting time at Brighton.
We can wait another year of two regarding his contract.
We loaned White to you, you have paid his wages, supposedly made him into the player he is now, upper his value by doing this, and by all the needy tweets, # tags and
petitions over inflated his transfer value more. Thank you for that move along we will take it from here.

DonRevie

Aug 19, 2020
Leeds
Leeds do make me laugh. They are a feeder to Man Utd. Jordan, McQueen, Ferdinand, Cantona, Smith. Utds historical feeder club.

Only Leeds see Utd as rivals. Utd themselves couldn't give a damm about Leeds. Their rivals are Liverpool.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Reading their forum suggests otherwise. Go have a look at the Leeds and Bielsa threads on redcafe.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Serious question for Leeds fans on here. If white does put in a transfer request and it is refused what do you think happens then? DR suggests he will run down his contract. Is that likely? Potentially three years when he could develop massively and push for England (remember euros and World Cup in next two years) and for a big club. Seriously, do any of you really think he would be prepared to sit about on relatively poor wages and wait three years? Looks at the pros and cons for Ben doing this

Pros
After three years he will be out of contract and can chose to play where he wants. Where will that be? Leeds? Will Bielsa still be there? Will Leeds still be in the prem?

Cons
Three years on low wages
Three years without premier league football meaning the current 18,19,20 year olds will replace him as the next hot young thing
A reputation as a bad egg who doesn’t honour contracts
No chance of playing for England
Likely to get worse as a footballer and who knows could lose the sharpness and drift out of the game. Heck he could get injured in the under 23s and never get the big contract

I am genuinely interested in whether Leeds fans think he will just throw toys out of the Pram and go on strike.

Or is it more likely that he will either take it on the chin and earn a first team sport or even sulk for a bit and by November realise that three years is a long time and then apologise and take it on the chin.

Have I missed the pros for white of going on strike if he can’t force a move?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here