Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Nice.

Well reality will hit on transfer deadline day, and I guess Leeds fandom will remain deluded until then.

What I don't understand, is why are any Brighton fans helping them by making the road to reality slower and less painful?

Surely the real entertainment here lies in witnessing cold reality being suddenly and brutally meted out via the boots of Mane, De Bruyne and Rashford and even more joyfully, by a bic biro being wielded by a smiling young man in an unremarkable office in Lancing.

That day will come. It's only a few weeks away. Until it does, I'm quite content to let a horde of daft northerners keep pressing their feet on the emotional accelerator.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm sure I remember the feeling well when the Albion have been promoted and there is a chance of losing a player ( and we owned that player )

I cant properly recall the exact details but seem to recall it with Zamora and possibly Bridcutt ?

It's a bit of a stress ( football wise ) that it could happen.

Can only imagine what the Leeds fans are thinking. Loving being promoted but already without their best player. Very bitter sweet. Poor old Leeds

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Some absolute pillock on there (a bit further down) suggesting Ben could even buy himself out of his contract. This really is giving Sheff Wednesday a run for their money.

There was some bollocks about his girlfriend's Dad (who's a Leeds fan) who was suggesting that he 'contact the FA to get his contract cancelled' or something weird like that.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
There was some bollocks about his girlfriend's Dad (who's a Leeds fan) who was suggesting that he 'contact the FA to get his contract cancelled' or something weird like that.

Maybe, but if he's got a half decent agent, there's no way he'd advise that i'm sure. I'd expect the agent to be talking to numerous potential suitors about what they might offer. What I could see is a top 4 with loan back to us for a season or 2. I'd put money on it not being Leeds.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
To be honest I’m not bothered about Leeds thinking White would rather stay, everyone views their team the same and they are no different.

My biggest issue is the utter utter delusional opinion that neither the coaching staff or the fans knew who he was until he went to Leeds !!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Maybe, but if he's got a half decent agent, there's no way he'd advise that i'm sure. I'd expect the agent to be talking to numerous potential suitors about what they might offer. What I could see is a top 4 with loan back to us for a season or 2. I'd put money on it not being Leeds.

If he’s sold to another Premier League team he can’t be loaned back to us, or any other Premier League side, in the same window he is purchased.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

can't sign and loan back any more. Wonder what that will mean for transfers now......

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Some absolute pillock on there (a bit further down) suggesting Ben could even buy himself out of his contract. This really is giving Sheff Wednesday a run for their money.

Apparently there's also talk of a petition to parliament, or failing that a delegation the UN, in order to release Ben from this ridiculous situation where he's unable to play for Leeds just because "he's never actually belonged to Leeds". What a lame excuse.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Apparently there's also talk of a petition to parliament, or failing that a delegation the UN, in order to release Ben from this ridiculous situation where he's unable to play for Leeds just because "he's never actually belonged to Leeds". What a lame excuse.

If it goes all the way to the U.N., I can see us having to unchain him from the radiator, and release him from the cellar that Leeds fans think we have him locked up in. I knew TB plays hardball on transfers, but this is a new level.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Rather ridiculously the media are playing Ben Whites statement as him considering his future. Even Sky Sports News has it on their ticker. If anything turns his head it’s going to be the media circus creating tension where there isn’t any.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Yes, that was absolute bollocks. His bird’s dad (assuming it wasn’t some random making even more shit up) is obviously not the brightest in confusing the rules relating to players under 24, where if they leave on a free, the new club are obliged to pay the old club compo - so almost the complete opposite. If players under 24 could just break their contracts like that, then buying clubs would never pay transfer fees for them!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Just out of curiosity what sort of money would a player in this situation, never played in EPL and loaned to Championship where he tears up trees, likely be on ?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Are agents allowed to even do that? Is that not tapping up and illegal? I thought you were only allowed to talk about contract offers after the clubs have given permission! If that is happening I would hope the agent gets sacked and banned.

Undoubtedly not allowed. Also undoubtedly happens all the time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here