Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Interesting. What does actually happen I’ve he digs his heals in and refuses to return?

I’d have thought that’d be obvious.
He goes on the transfer list and wait for offers.
There’ll be bigger offers than the Leeds one, that’s for sure.
I’d think he’d be Very unlikely to go to Leeds with possible interest from far superior teams like arsenal and Liverpool who are supposedly interested.
My guess is he’ll stay with the Albion though

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Interesting. What does actually happen I’ve he digs his heals in and refuses to return?

How many times has a loaned player actually done that to get a move? Has it ever happened?

For a start he'd be in breach of contract and he'd likely lose two years of his career as I reckon Tony Bloom isn't to be crossed like that, he'd rather take the hit on the transfer fee than be held to ransom by any player.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I’d have thought that’d be obvious.
He goes on the transfer list and wait for offers.
There’ll be bigger offers than the Leeds one, that’s for sure.
I’d think he’d be Very unlikely to go to Leeds with possible interest from far superior teams like arsenal and Liverpool who are supposedly interested.
My guess is he’ll stay with the Albion though

Isn’t it just grounds for breach of contract and we’d still be under no obligation to sell?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Isn’t it just grounds for breach of contract and we’d still be under no obligation to sell?

Of course it is and we hold his registration so throwing toys will actually only cause issues for him. Should add he hasn’t said anything yet and I’m sure he has had regular conversations with Weir

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
How many times has a loaned player actually done that to get a move? Has it ever happened?

For a start he'd be in breach of contract and he'd likely lose two years of his career as I reckon Tony Bloom isn't to be crossed like that, he'd rather take the hit on the transfer fee than be held to ransom by any player.
From The Athletic in January :

"There are many ways to force a transfer but one golden rule has to be observed. “What you must never do is get an owner angry. Once a billionaire owner says, ‘He’s not for sale’, you are dead. Deal. Does. Not. Happen.”
The agent who is talking to*The Athletic*represents some of the biggest names in the game. “I don’t mind a manager or a CEO saying ‘not for sale’,” he adds, smiling. “But if an owner says it, you ain’t going nowhere because their own credibility is on the line and they don’t want to be embarrassed.”

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I thought that when reading that post. It’s all very pie in the sky football manager 2016 for my liking. Could never see that happening quite like that!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

Stayed pretty quiet on this one but given it quite a bit of thought.

1- he’s contracted to us for the next two years.
2- he’s seen as an asset of the future both on the field and off it (value wise)
3- a valuation of £30-40m is justified given the season he has had, his age, the interest generated but largely due to his potential.
4- he is unproven at PL level but does appear to have every chance of making the step up
5- he’s from Poole and hardly been around the brighton squad for the last 3 years so has no emotional tie
6- statements like he’s “Leeds through and through” are unfounded
7- statements that he wants to stay at Leeds are unfounded
8- he would likely be fighting for a starting place initially at Brighton
9- he would be a nailed on starter at Leeds
10- he would be a back up at Liverpool (maybe)
11- his current contract must be on the lower side of the squad scale
12- I’m pretty sure Leeds would make him one of their highest earners
13- I doubt brighton would match point 12 wages for a player that is set to fight for his place initially
14- BW may need to feel he’s valued at brighton and will want to be rewarded accordingly
15- he is a brighton player until we say so or until his contract expires.

Ultimately he’s on his way back but I can realistically see a transfer request coming in if he’s being told by Leeds that they will offer him £45k pw and brighton are planning on letting his current contract ride. Brighton then may need to get into negotiations for a player that was a fringe asset which now requires rewarding off the back of the previous season while not knowing his PL ability, purely to remain the owners of a ‘potential world class asset’.

Alternatively we tell him to prove himself in the PL and then he’ll be rewarded.

Could come down to agents.

Point 13, of course we will match Leeds offer of wages. BW probably has an agreement for a pay rise in fact I expect there to be a new contract signed in the coming months.

The club expected Ben to progress. What’s the point of developing top exciting talent if we then decide not to pay the going rate? We would have to spend significant money to get his quality, so our development has also saved us having to pay a huge transfer fee.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If we give White 45k, there will be a lot of players knocking on Tony's door for pay rises.

Doesn’t matter.

You get big pay rises/new contracts at the Albion when other teams offer Tony big money for your services (Dunk seems to get one every summer!). Leeds are going to offer £20m+. White will deserve a new contract for attracting that type of bid.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
£45k per week!!? What the hell are you smoking? He’s clearly a talent but surely he’s not getting almost £2.5 MILLION a year just yet?

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
My guess would be we only have 2-3 players on more than £45k a week currently. Dunk obviously and possibly Trossard/Maupay. I think it's fair to say we wouldn't offer White more than what Webster earns which is probably around £30-40k and Leeds could probably make him their top earner on more.

It's all irrelevant though, he'll sign a 4 year deal with us, break into our 1st team by November and be subject to a Big 6 bid of £50m by Euro 2021.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
My guess would be we only have 2-3 players on more than £45k a week currently. Dunk obviously and possibly Trossard/Maupay. I think it's fair to say we wouldn't offer White more than what Webster earns which is probably around £30-40k and Leeds could probably make him their top earner on more.

It's all irrelevant though, he'll sign a 4 year deal with us, break into our 1st team by November and be subject to a Big 6 bid of £50m by Euro 2021.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Most of our players are on more than 30k a week now, few earn around 50k a week. Dunk is top earner on 60k a week which has been widely reported

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here