Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I love how they just report it as if we have no say. Leeds will suffer second season syndrome. Ben should not go back.

Though I suspect if we did ever accept an obscene bid, there would be other, bigger clubs interested.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
But, but, but, I thought Dirty Leeds fans didn’t want him after this tweet.
DABFB25C-BA9F-46D9-A7DA-E19CFBF42834.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think that’s probably blasphemous........ in parts of South Yorkshire at least.

South Yorkshire? Why would Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster, or the two Sheffield teams give a fig about Ben White?
They’ll all be happy at Leeds downfall.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'm sure I can't be the only one to notice how Ben's play has improved since the start of the season. He seems to have learned from those experienced PL defenders around him, non more so than Dunk. A vast improvement to the start of the season when he looked a little unprepared for a higher standard. Great isn't it!

He is certainly playing with way more confidence now. Properly settled in to being a premier league player

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Spurs fan thinks they should take on Ben White as “a cheap option”. Good luck with that.

[tweet]1361008127748038657[/tweet]

They are spending £25 million to loan Bale for a year so cheap would still be £40-£50 for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
South Yorkshire? Why would Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster, or the two Sheffield teams give a fig about Ben White?
They’ll all be happy at Leeds downfall.

I did say PARTS of South Yorkshire - maybe just one part.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Spurs fan thinks they should take on Ben White as “a cheap option”. Good luck with that.

Interesting why they think he would be a cheap option. Liverpool fans were referring to Bissouma as a cheap option a few weeks ago. Do they think because it's little old Brighton our players will be cheap. They obviously don't know too much about our Tony.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Looking at that football debt thread, Spurs won't be spending anywhere near the price of Ben White on transfers this summer.

If anything, they will be selling

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Looking at that football debt thread, Spurs won't be spending anywhere near the price of Ben White on transfers this summer.

If anything, they will be selling

I don't think anyone will be spending massive fees this summer, maybe for the very best players but can't see there being much competition in the market which means prices go down.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Interesting why they think he would be a cheap option. Liverpool fans were referring to Bissouma as a cheap option a few weeks ago. Do they think because it's little old Brighton our players will be cheap. They obviously don't know too much about our Tony.

This is Spurs . A club willing to pay a bench warmer £450k a week. At £50m , white probably is a cheap option in their eyes.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Ben White as a solution to their ariel problems ? If Ben has a current weakness that needs working on, where would you say it was. Obviously done their homework :facepalm:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don't think anyone will be spending massive fees this summer, maybe for the very best players but can't see there being much competition in the market which means prices go down.

Chelsea, Man City and PSG will still spend big. Probably up around £100m each. They are the only ones who's owners are insulated enough against global financial chaos.

Then there might be a few clubs who might spend the half the money they get for a transfer. So for example, Wolves might get £40m for Jimenez and spend £20m on someone else.

But overall, I reckon the number of £20m+ players moving on in the summer will be less than one tenth of what it was a couple of years ago.

This is great for us. The chances of us losing our star players are massively reduced. (unless you are in the "I believe TB got rich in property by buying when the market is high and selling when the market is low club" .... which is at least 50% of NSC)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here