Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I’ve been thoroughly enamoured with the young man since he made into the first team, but sometimes I felt a little like he didn’t feel 100% part of the team, that may be his demeanour or might just be me being rubbish at reading people’s body language etc, however, once I saw his little face after the Spurs you could see what it meant to him and that he is fully part of this team. Imagine the pressure the young lad has been under, so much fanfare surrounding his return to the club and he proudly felt a huge weight of expectancy on his his shoulders. Delighted for him.
As a side note, he must be enjoying playing with proper centre backs in Dunk and Webster.

Winning, innit. He went from a Leeds side who were quite dominant, winning regularly. That's always fun. To a side where points were dropped with regularity, the team due to various players were conceding goals so everyone points to each other and says 'if you didn't do that we wouldn't have conceded'*, and failing to convert chances, and looking over our shoulder at relegation spots. That's never as fun^. Now we've started to get a run of great results, he's seeing the other side of us, the 'loved the way you did that' supportive and celebratory side.

*No, I'm not suggesting there were bust ups, just analysis and taking responsibility, and looking for improvement, but even so it's not fun where every week you or your on field partner are at fault
^Yes, it's easier to win at a lower level than in the prem, but that doesn't change how much more fun it is to win regularly than to lose/drop points regularly.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Really impressed with Ben today. Overall a really solid defensive performance, tried to get forward, showed a turn of pace and a couple of brilliant, brave last ditch challenges.

The first match this season that I thought he was the pick of our defenders. Excellent game.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Really impressed with Ben today. Overall a really solid defensive performance, tried to get forward, showed a turn of pace and a couple of brilliant, brave last ditch challenges.

The first match this season that I thought he was the pick of our defenders. Excellent game.
He’s generally a very composed defender, I noticed in the Liverpool match that he was throwing his body in the way of shots which I’d not seen from him before, it was very much like Dunk does, he’s adding skills and experience all of the time. He’s a hell of a player and someone is going to have spend a ludicrous amount of money to sign him, which is nice.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Great energy today, even in the dying minutes now as a centre back his bombing overlapping run down the right was great to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yup. Great performance.

Leeds were absolutely mad to let him go on free. They must be kicking themselves.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Broke his record for different positions played in a game today.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
He’s generally a very composed defender, I noticed in the Liverpool match that he was throwing his body in the way of shots which I’d not seen from him before, it was very much like Dunk does, he’s adding skills and experience all of the time. He’s a hell of a player and someone is going to have spend a ludicrous amount of money to sign him, which is nice.

I look through our squad now and think these boys will cost a pretty penny now and I’m also of the opinion that under the current covid depressed market we could keep all of them for next season and really reap the benefits of it I’d say come the summer trim the dead wood and sign 2 quality strikers and we could easily challenge top 8 possibly sneak a euro spot

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I look through our squad now and think these boys will cost a pretty penny now and I’m also of the opinion that under the current covid depressed market we could keep all of them for next season and really reap the benefits of it I’d say come the summer trim the dead wood and sign 2 quality strikers and we could easily challenge top 8 possibly sneak a euro spot

I've recently been thinking much the same thing. I wonder if Tony Bloom could afford not to cash in any of his chips for one more season and have a crack at pushing for a top 7 spot.

There must be severe financial stress on all clubs, so I doubt that we wouldn't sell someone for big money.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I can get onboard with that kind of thinking. Mr Bloom will never sell cheap, especially if he can see that the market will flourish again. If, and obviously it’s a big if, this squad could remain intact less the deadwood plus one or two who could help the goals flow this could be a squad to cause an awful lot of trouble for people.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
MOT Leeds News: Exclusive: Paul Robinson: Leeds must ‘break bank’ to sign Ben White.
https://motleedsnews.com/news/exclusive-paul-robinson-leeds-must-break-bank-to-sign-ben-white/

Looks like they still want Ben.

Selling to a team like Liverpool, Manchester (any of them) or Chelsea that are not really fighting for the same league positions while also being considered more "glorious" in the eyes of the players would result in a lot of money and also signalling "you can pick Brighton if you one day want to compete to win the PL". Selling him to Leeds is something else. They would really have to pay up dirty ass money to make it happen.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I'm sure I can't be the only one to notice how Ben's play has improved since the start of the season. He seems to have learned from those experienced PL defenders around him, non more so than Dunk. A vast improvement to the start of the season when he looked a little unprepared for a higher standard. Great isn't it!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm sure I can't be the only one to notice how Ben's play has improved since the start of the season. He seems to have learned from those experienced PL defenders around him, non more so than Dunk. A vast improvement to the start of the season when he looked a little unprepared for a higher standard. Great isn't it!

Agreed, he's been pretty faultless for a while now.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
MOT Leeds News: Exclusive: Paul Robinson: Leeds must ‘break bank’ to sign Ben White.
https://motleedsnews.com/news/exclusive-paul-robinson-leeds-must-break-bank-to-sign-ben-white/

Looks like they still want Ben.

What a thick idiot, forget the rubbish about White, he’s not for sale and Leeds are not in his eye line, he goes on about the size of Arsenals pitch being vast. How thick can you get, it’s bang average size for the EPL. Ours is a yard bigger each way. These idiots get paid for saying crap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here