Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Cos Ben White is ours
He just went away
Just try not to worry
You won't see him play
The lad came back home
And beat you away
So stop crying Bielsa

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He seemed quite eager today.

The co-commentator mentioned White has, in the past, played for Leeds.
You would have thought more would be made of that little snippet, it certainly inspired him today.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He seemed quite eager today.

The co-commentator mentioned White has, in the past, played for Leeds.
You would have thought more would be made of that little snippet, it certainly inspired him today.

They did give his Leeds stats on the Tv and on the sky or bbc match report - but hit has gone under the radar. I’m glad it was pointed out today for once as it was a key reason to our win.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My man of the match today, really took the game to Leeds and broke up a lot coming the other way. I think he really is going to be a midfielder, not a defender filling in there.

I'd have him as a CB instead of Burn. Preferred (current) line-up (if all fit) is:

Sanchez
White Dunk Webster
Lamptey Bissouma Propper March
Lallana Mac Allister
Maupay

With Welbeck, Trossard, Tau, Veltman and Alzate pushing for places or coming off the bench

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
:ohmy:
It's unlike you both, but you and [MENTION=4934]One Teddy Maybank[/MENTION] are having a bit of a mare on this page

In what respect?

Outstanding today no doubt. His best game for us.

Do you think his performance at West Ham was acceptable?
Given we have no funds, would you sell Lamptey or Bissouma instead knowing the strength in-depth we have at CB?

Sorry don’t agree re nightmare at all....[emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In what respect?

Outstanding today no doubt. His best game for us.

Do you think his performance at West Ham was acceptable?
Given we have no funds, would you sell Lamptey or Bissouma instead knowing the strength in-depth we have at CB?

Sorry don’t agree re nightmare at all....[emoji2]

Yes, given the choice, I'd sell White over Lamptey or Bissouma, but I expect to see definitely one and, if not, two out of those three go this summer provided transfer fees are acceptable. Lamptey might be the least likely to go, because players of his pace often struggle with hamstring injuries and this might provoke caution among buying clubs -- also I don't see too many top teams requiring a R(W)B (and he's much better as a wing back).
He was outstanding today, and has adapted to multiple roles. That's quite impressive for a young player. Yes, we're blessed at CB. But you said he's not a midfielder, and I'm saying that he can play there and CB, but I'd rather he played the latter. See ^

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don’t really know what he’s like when played at CB.. It’ll come. He was god sitting deep in midfield😀

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes, given the choice, I'd sell White over Lamptey or Bissouma, but I expect to see definitely one and, if not, two out of those three go this summer provided transfer fees are acceptable. Lamptey might be the least likely to go, because players of his pace often struggle with hamstring injuries and this might provoke caution among buying clubs -- also I don't see too many top teams requiring a R(W)B (and he's much better as a wing back).
He was outstanding today, and has adapted to multiple roles. That's quite impressive for a young player. Yes, we're blessed at CB. But you said he's not a midfielder, and I'm saying that he can play there and CB, but I'd rather he played the latter. See ^

Apologies - I did say that. Yes, today was exceptional, but haven’t been impressed with him as a midfielder in other games.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021

Bloom doesn't need to sell, they are all on long term contracts and I think they will be told to have one more season playing together before they get a big move. On reflection, I have no way of knowing this and so I'm just hoping and saying what I would do if I was TB. He is a fan after all and he can afford it.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Maybe he is a midfielder!!

His two best performances for us have come in the last 2 games playing there.

Brilliant today and so up for it!

Good pressing. Good interceptions. Good spatial awareness. Always has his head up and picks out passes forward (instead of just sideways), and is generally accurate.

He's a holding midfielder with a good eye going forwards. I think it's a good spot for him.

When Lamptey is fit I'd have Veltman take his CB position.

Something like this (although really need the front two on form):

----------Maupay---Trossard

-------------------Mac

March------Biss---White------Lamptey

-----Webster--Dunk--Veltman

----------------Sanchez

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
:ohmy:
It's unlike you both, but you and [MENTION=4934]One Teddy Maybank[/MENTION] are having a bit of a mare on this page

Yep, fair call.

As I said earlier, maybe he is a midfielder after all! I still think I prefer him at the back but clearly in the last two games he’s shown he can play very well there. He’s just a very good footballer.

Interestingly, his two best performances in centre midfield have come when Bissouma hasn’t started. Maybe that’s more than a coincidence and there’s an issue about the areas on the pitch they take up?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bloom doesn't need to sell, they are all on long term contracts and I think they will be told to have one more season playing together before they get a big move. On reflection, I have no way of knowing this and so I'm just hoping and saying what I would do if I was TB. He is a fan after all and he can afford it.

I strongly suspect you're right, but we don't know Bloom's finances. I think Bloom wants us to be a conveyor belt club, and wouldn't stand in the way of players being transferred to top clubs for large fees, in order to further their careers.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Fully agree with you Andy.

I certainly wouldn’t sell him for £20m. That’s for sure. I’d keep him as long as we can.

[tweet]1350500436575453190[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here