Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Leeds have been good this season, total respect for their team.

But this episode here is a good example of their terrible fan base. If he had read carefully he’d see that many of us were agreeing this pundit was shocking and it wasn’t a sexist debate, just another dumb ass pundit who knows nothing out side the top 6.

Leeds. Worst fans in the league, not even close.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
There is a lot about Leeds winning the League by 10 points but not a lot about how many points they actually got. The reality is their points total would have won them the league once in the last 5 seasons including the we went up in. In-fact that season they would have been above us on goal difference.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not at this level.

Really sloppy from a concentration perspective as well. Needs to up his game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, and physically weak. Gets bullied too often. Some of his ‘tackles’ tonight weren’t worthy of the name.

I do think he is an exceptional talent and incredibly promising defender but he needs to play his correct position, which is centre back, every week to be able to improve.

Being shunted around the pitch clearly isn’t helping his development.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yep, and physically weak. Gets bullied too often. Some of his ‘tackles’ tonight weren’t worthy of the name.

I do think he is an exceptional talent and incredibly promising defender but he needs to play his correct position, which is centre back, every week to be able to improve.

Being shunted around the pitch clearly isn’t helping his development.

Agree - if it was out of a choice of him, Bissouma and Lamptey, in terms of player sales, White would be the one I'd happily lose...... We have adequate cover at CB.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
‘kin’el! Some of the clog that Ben is receiving here is way OTT.

Ah but which Ben White?:-

Right wing back Ben.
Right back Ben
Centre back Ben
Centre midfield Ben
Or
Left back Ben

I'm not entirely sure that's even the Ajax model of coaching - poor kid.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
And they banged on about Stephens passing the ball backwards and sideways. Well at least Dale passed the ball sideways

Yeah you can tell he’s not a natural midfielder as he doesn’t push play forward. Difference when Lallana came on was huge.

Not Ben’s fault though as he’s a CB and is doing his upmost best whichever of the handful of positions he’s called to play in! I do fear though, as one commentator mentioned, that we’re making him a Jack of all trades but master of none. I’d say he’s a 6/10 in whatever position he’s asked to play, rather than being able to work on being an 8/10 in just one. However, I do concede that on a night with so many formation/personnel changes, it was a blessing having such a versatile player.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
we've seen better players come off poorly from being moved around, its not helpful for his development.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here