Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Yes. Doesn’t mean they’re any good, does it? Finishing last in a group won easily by Rangers suggests otherwise.

Exactly, great player (hopefully) in crap team. I mean, look at us, we have Bissouma and we're fecking crap.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was quoting the poster, and trusting to them having accurately quoted her, but the fact it was paraphrased isn't that important. It doesn't really change anything. It's still taking a part of her overarching point in isolation away from the context of the overall point to make it sound worse than it is.

Running more doesn't mean they weren't more tired. Eddie Izzard ran 29 marathons in 29 days. Do you think Eddie had the same energy when running the 29th marathon as when running the first? Yet each marathon was the same distance. Tiredness does not necessarily mean less running. Also, winning teams tend to run less, they tend to have the ball more and pass it around, forcing the losing team to chase the ball, so the fact they ran more when losing more isn't that surprising.

We can't know for a fact that the break helped. This pundit, like quite a few people, believe it did. When you look at their record without a breaks the previous season, look at Bielsa's Bilbao and Marseille. There is a pattern with his teams of starting strongly and fading. The year there was a break there was no trailing off. It's not unreasonable to therefore think the break helped them.

I'm not gonna argue it's conclusive proof, it's not. But it's not exactly a baseless accusation that doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Unless you take one part of the comment and strip it of all context, of course.

Izzard walked most of his marathons........with long rests during....some took over 10 hours.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is it just me or has this thread not become a teensy weensy bit nuanced?

Ben White often opts for one step forward followed, almost immediately, by two steps back. I wonder whether it might be his worthwhile to consider two steps forward and one step back. Eh? Eh!

I don't know. Nobody knows. Fact.

Dec 31, 2020
It's an example of how energy does not equal running distance.

My argument is simply that believing Leeds benefited from the break in the season is not a baseless opinion borne of ignorance, that the argument against it given by the other poster was to compare before the break to after the break whereas the argument requires comparison of with a break and without one. That the reason the full argument behind that opinion is not in reports is that the reports are focused on the abuse KC has faced rather than about whether or not her (and a lot of other football fans) opinion was right or not.

None of your suggestions would be provide evidence that Leeds got promoted because of Covid. There are more variables than you have even considered (fixtures, available players etc.) and in addition there is a large chance element in football. Your persistance with this argument shows you up as an idiot.

With the pundit referring to running the best thing to do is to look at physical output data, this isn't just distance run, you ****ing idiot. They will measure recovery, heart rate, intensity of work (number of sprints), lactate etc. If people with that info deny any drop off in form in a previous season is down to 'tiring' you have to take that as it is the best information you will get.

A team wins a league because they are the best team and get the most points across a season. It's that simple. The conditions were the same for the other teams.

This desperation to put down other club's achievements is what shows you up as tinpot outfit. By the way, Ben White is wasting his career at your shitty little club, get him moved.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This desperation to put down other club's achievements is what shows you up as tinpot outfit. By the way, Ben White is wasting his career at your shitty little club, get him moved.

F### off back to your outside toilet :tosser:

Myself and a few others have have stuck up for Leeds on this thread over the latest incident.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
None of your suggestions would be provide evidence that Leeds got promoted because of Covid. There are more variables than you have even considered (fixtures, available players etc.) and in addition there is a large chance element in football. Your persistance with this argument shows you up as an idiot.

With the pundit referring to running the best thing to do is to look at physical output data, this isn't just distance run, you ****ing idiot. They will measure recovery, heart rate, intensity of work (number of sprints), lactate etc. If people with that info deny any drop off in form in a previous season is down to 'tiring' you have to take that as it is the best information you will get.

A team wins a league because they are the best team and get the most points across a season. It's that simple. The conditions were the same for the other teams.

I'd say it's pretty desperate joining another club's forum to post that little ramble. Never even considered it, to be bothered that much what Leeds or any other club's fans think of little 'ol Brighton. Bizarre. Anyway, I'm happy to say I misjudged Leeds and aren't they doing marvellously!! I still hope though that they crash and burn, and dare I say it tire, and still go down. Chin up lad, as you say the table never lies.

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

blimey! throw another turd on the fire and chill

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
By the way, Ben White is wasting his career at your shitty little club, get him moved.

What an original way of expressing 'Thanks for loaning us a player without whom we probably wouldn't have been promoted'. Touched, truly touched by your thoughtful gratitude.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Supporters from other clubs are generally welcome on NSC so long as they bring something worthwhile to the board and don't act like idiots. At the moment you're failing to reach that fairly low bar so don't be surprised if your stay is a short one. Resist the urge to make any further posts like the one above and I'm sure you'll enjoy dipping in and out of here.

Cheers.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon

bye bye :wanker: :facepalm:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Back with your second NSC membership, the telltale beetroot-faced anger gives the game away.

A misspent life fancying pigeons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here