Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

I actually took his comments as positive. He says "getting himself fit, getting around the team" which I took to mean getting to know the team / senior squad.

In think Leeds were in a hurry to sign Ben because they knew as soon as he starts training the situation becomes more and more out of their control.

Ben is training with Adam Lallana! Plus his best mate Connolly. I'm sure he looks up to Dunk. Every day that he is with the squad and is part of the Potter Project and bonding is another day he should feel more comfortable with where he's at.

BTW, I was recently reading about Potter because I've always been a fan of the psychological aspect of the game. Of all the universities in the country, he got his master's in 'Leadership and Emotional Intelligence' at bloody LEEDS Metropolitan University.

[tweet]1298658200519147521[/tweet]

Good call... all fair points. And I agree, our squad is undoubtedly a huge step up for Ben. I know the Leeds lot won’t like to agree (hi Lurkers!) but if they’re honest with themselves they’d have to at least recognise our squad has more pedigree, and more famous players right now. It’s not their fault, we’ve been established a bit longer.

Lallana
Mooy
Maupay
Trossard
Connolly
Propper
Murray
Gross

Then other exciting young talents, MacAllister, Lamprey etc.

And if you’re a young CB, it must be incredible to learn from someone like Dunk as your captain. Oh. And here’s a Champions League Dutch international.

I’m just not used to seeing an agent do an interview like this. It’s definitely not our style.

Maybe it’s a sign of how far we’ve come.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If his ''watch this space'' comment was a hint to an imminent transfer, and he's so confident of it happening that he's on sky sports making comments like that then any such deal would be past the agreeing a fee stage and involved parties would be thrashing out personal terms, completing medicals etc... so why then is Ben as he also says training with Brighton in Scotland? If United, City, or Liverpool had agreed a £40million+ fee then there's no way they'd be allowing him to continue training with us for risk of an injury. He would be pulled from training instantly. I think far more likely is that a new deal is about to be signed. & if he is about to leave why make a comment suggesting he's getting to know his teammates, that seems like an odd comment to make about a player thats about to not be involved with those teammates.

Also, any agent knows that if they go on sky sports and alert the footballing world to an imminent transfer then they'll have a very angry buying club who would have wanted to get the deal discretely over the line. He's obviously happy making that comment because he's knows there's not really any repercussions, which again suggest its relating to a new deal being signed rather than a transfer.

Last edited:

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
How to contradict yourself in your own headline!

Apparently we've made "$30m demands!!!" but ALSO have "no interest in selling".

And apparently there was a bidding war between the top 6 clubs that nobody except the Daily Mail knew anything about :rolleyes::lolol:

I feel like it's Brighton vs the world (of misinformation) at this point.

Screenshot (213)_LI.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How to contradict yourself in your own headline!

Apparently we've made "$30m demands!!!" but ALSO have "no interest in selling".

And apparently there was a bidding war between the top 6 clubs that nobody except the Daily Mail knew anything about :rolleyes::lolol:

I feel like it's Brighton vs the world (of misinformation) at this point.

View attachment 127711

What do you expect from that poor excuse of a paper, never knowingly printing the truth?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
A quick scout around the website of ‘New Vision Sports Group’ tells me that Ben White is head and shoulders his highest profile client...... Darren Pratley is the only other client that I’ve vaguely heard of.

To me that puts this sky interview in a completely different perspective ...... he is obviously out touting for more high profile clients and IF Ben signs a new contract in the coming days his opportunity to raise his profile is gone (for another 12 months at least) so get on Sky Sports News, make yourself known and then bask in the glory of everyone knowing you’ve grabbed yourself some headlines and got your client a shiny new deal.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Well we can see now who is advising White. Blimey, interviews with Sky Sports.

Unless he is the next Messi, he needs a word in his ear. That won't go down well with prospective employees.

If White leaves I wish him well, but even the top players in the Premier League don't have their agents openly talking to the press like that.

Clearly needs shot of this agent very quickly for his own career, wherever he ends up.

It could be that Ben is embarrassed by all the Leeds Cr*p, finds it distracting and discourteous to his bosses and has asked his agent to go on TV and bin off, once and for all, the idea he is going to Leeds. He has got his agent to do it rather than say something himself so that he doesn't lose face with the Leeds fans (being quite astute as he may one day go back or at least doesn't want loads of hate mail from them).

If so, this is quite a clever move on his part. Maintain his 'innocence' in it all, politely ask the Leeds fans to shut the f**k up and still promote himself for this window or next season. With the added benefit of his agent being the one who looks like a tw*t if he doesn't get a huge new contract or top6 club bid for him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A quick scout around the website of ‘New Vision Sports Group’ tells me that Ben White is head and shoulders his highest profile client...... Darren Pratley is the only other client that I’ve vaguely heard of.

To me that puts this sky interview in a completely different perspective ...... he is obviously out touting for more high profile clients and IF Ben signs a new contract in the coming days his opportunity to raise his profile is gone (for another 12 months at least) so get on Sky Sports News, make yourself known and then bask in the glory of everyone knowing you’ve grabbed yourself some headlines and got your client a shiny new deal.

This, has the look of a gobby parasite who has got lucky with a client and now enjoying his 15 minutes of fame...........

After he’s signed a new contract and been pictured in the new away kit, the icing on the cake here will be Ben posting that he’s moved to a new agency ‘after advice from the club’.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
In all this hysteria from Leeds we’ve sort of forgotten that we have another Loanee in Clarke at Derby who was also THEIR strongest performer in the championship last term. He has extended his loan for another season and we did it gladly. He also has a no sell clause and is another prospect produced by our fantastic academy. I’m not sure but Bielsa has had no part in his development and Derby have conducted themselves like Gentlemen in relation to him. Leeds...we’ve shit you. Two bob.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
In all this hysteria from Leeds we’ve sort of forgotten that we have another Loanee in Clarke at Derby who was also THEIR strongest performer in the championship last term. He has extended his loan for another season and we did it gladly. He also has a no sell clause and is another prospect produced by our fantastic academy. I’m not sure but Bielsa has had no part in his development and Derby have conducted themselves like Gentlemen in relation to him. Leeds...we’ve shit you. Two bob.

Is this for real? He’s barely set foot in Brighton!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The behaviour of Ben White's agent seems very unprofessional and naive.
He is displaying a lack of discretion and confidentiality that will make it harder to gain the trust of other clubs during his future career as an agent with other possible players.

He clearly thinks that providing updates on national TV will help his client's negotiating position.
I'm not so sure.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
One thing I don't think has ever been
Mentioned during this saga, is the club have never made any comment on the speculation, so we don't really know if they have had any bids? Contracts turned down?discussed? we will not sell to A rival club?, all this has come from a combination of an Agent who's record is not great, Leeds fans (yeah right) and some parts of the media, mainly Sky and the red tops. So to be honest, we really don't know what has happened or going to happen. I think we May hear something soon, which hopefully will stop all this speculation and we can get on with the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Mentioned during this saga, is the club have never made any comment on the speculation

We have. The club has consistently and firmly said that White is not for sale (Bloom has said it, Barber's said it and Potter has said it).

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Mentioned during this saga, is the club have never made any comment on the speculation, so we don't really know if they have had any bids? Contracts turned down?discussed? we will not sell to A rival club?, all this has come from a combination of an Agent who's record is not great, Leeds fans (yeah right) and some parts of the media, mainly Sky and the red tops. So to be honest, we really don't know what has happened or going to happen. I think we May hear something soon, which hopefully will stop all this speculation and we can get on with the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More importantly, Ben himself will be able to get his head down to focus on the season ahead!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Is this for real? He’s barely set foot in Brighton!

Clarke hasn't been produced by our academy, but he has been identified, scouted, signed by Brighton and has been provided with a planned path to a Premier League career with the club.
All part of a very encouraging production line of prospective first team player who are gaining valuable experience in the lower leagues just like Ben White was whilst playing in the second tier with Leeds.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Clarke hasn't been produced by our academy, but he has been identified, scouted, signed by Brighton and has been provided with a planned path to a Premier League career with the club.
All part of a very encouraging production line of prospective first team player who are gaining valuable experience in the lower leagues just like Ben White was whilst playing in the second tier with Leeds.

Agreed, but we definitely can’t take the same degree of credit for Clarke’s development as we can for White’s!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here