Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Clarke hasn't been produced by our academy, but he has been identified, scouted, signed by Brighton and has been provided with a planned path to a Premier League career with the club.
All part of a very encouraging production line of prospective first team player who are gaining valuable experience in the lower leagues just like Ben White was whilst playing in the second tier with Leeds.

Not forgetting Molumby who was on loan to Millwall & now got his international call up.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Well we can see now who is advising White. Blimey, interviews with Sky Sports.

Unless he is the next Messi, he needs a word in his ear. That won't go down well with prospective employees.

If White leaves I wish him well, but even the top players in the Premier League don't have their agents openly talking to the press like that.

Clearly needs shot of this agent very quickly for his own career, wherever he ends up.
Agree to all of that. I think the agent is on borrowed time and is looking for a massive payoff, with respect to them, his other clients are hardly names right now.

I'm sure he'll pick up a better agent than him...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This is what had me worried tbh. Seems like a career defining moment for this agent. Looking at his profile and twitter at least, seems like this is the most attention any of his clients have had.
Hoping he spoke out because we are close to a deal if not agreed already.

I had a look at this agent’s quite flash website. Behind the graphics, it was patently clear that BW is his only prized client.

So he’s now public milking this moment.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I had a look at this agent’s quite flash website. Behind the graphics, it was patently clear that BW is his only prized client.

Let’s hope we get the news ASAP that he’ll be disappearing for 5 years due to irrelevance when Ben’s new contract is announced.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Let’s hope we get the news ASAP that he’ll be disappearing for 5 years due to irrelevance when Ben’s new contract is announced.

I wonder what an agent’s cut is generally of a player signing a new contract?

Say £50,000 pw wages x 208 weeks = £10,400,000 @ 15% = £1,560,000?

Setting the agent up nicely for the next 4 years. No wonder he’s salivating.

[Or the common alternative these days where the club pays the agent].

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

If Ben really is as good as the hype suggests I'm pretty sure he'll be agitating Ben for a top 6 move next summer ..

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Yup. £7.5k per week for four years for doing one deal. He could just put his feet up and take a 4 year holiday (which might be an option as his ability to recruit talent like White seems to be severely limited).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

As Dale Stephens has obviously parted company with this agent, following his suspension, you'd think he would have a word with Ben and give him some advice.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I actually took his comments as positive. He says "getting himself fit, getting around the team" which I took to mean getting to know the team / senior squad.

I think Leeds were in a hurry to sign Ben because they knew as soon as he starts training the situation becomes more and more out of their control.

Ben is training with Adam Lallana! Plus his best mate Connolly. I'm sure he looks up to Dunk. Every day that he is with the squad and is part of the Potter Project and bonding is another day he should feel more comfortable with where he's at.

BTW, I was recently reading about Potter because I've always been a fan of the psychological aspect of the game. Of all the universities in the country, he got his master's in 'Leadership and Emotional Intelligence' at bloody LEEDS Metropolitan University.

[tweet]1298658200519147521[/tweet]

Now 'Leed Beckett University'. Formerly 'Headingly technical college'.

You, too, can obtain a degree in Emotional Intelligence there. Trouble is you may end up sounding like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abqZn6SFiWs

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
PB on Talksport now.......

Jim White - 'You played hardball with Leeds didn't you Paul ?'

Chuckles. 'We had no intention of selling Ben White'
'He's training with the squad and we're looking forward to seeing him play for us'

:D

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
can we confine this thread to the bloody bear pit, it is becoming tiresome.

You can go to the bear pit if you like. We're happily staying put!

By the way, PB has just announced on Talksport that Ben White will not be sold and will be playing for us in the (pathetically inadequate, and with a silly collar) stripes. That was his direct answer to a direct question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here