Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
dirty.JPG

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The prettiest girl in my subject year at university went into advertising, Young and Rubicam as a graduate trainee. Their nickname at the time was "young and trendy cnunts."

She was an allumeuse, achingly, throbbingly hot, and very clever with it. She had a viva for a First, and that was back in the days when they really meant something. Long blonde hair, a perfect figure, tight tight clinging jeans, a sexy little smile, flauntingly flirtatious and vital and vivacious, she had all the guys sniffing round her like she was a bitch on heat. No-one got anywhere to my knowledge, she had a long term boyfriend at another university, Cambridge I think.

I remember her telling me about her first year appraisal at her shiny London agency. She went into it quite nervously, as her boss discussed her performance over the year, her strengths, areas that needed to be improved on, key result areas.

Then he turned the appraisal form over, put down his pen and looked at her pensively. "Annabel, Annabel what are we going to do with you? I know what I'd like to do, I'd like to fcuck you!" Quick as a flash, and as cool as a cucumber she shot back, "that's awfully nice of you, but I already have a boyfriend."

That was in the early eighties, I am sure it isn't like that now. She isn't either, I saw her not so long ago at a reunion and she looks like a middle aged hausfrau. I am sure she thought the same of me, mind, not the frau bit obviously.

Tempus edax rerum.

What an odd story to make up.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The prettiest girl in my subject year at university went into advertising, Young and Rubicam as a graduate trainee. Their nickname at the time was "young and trendy cnunts."

She was an allumeuse, achingly, throbbingly hot, and very clever with it. She had a viva for a First, and that was back in the days when they really meant something. Long blonde hair, a perfect figure, tight tight clinging jeans, a sexy little smile, flauntingly flirtatious and vital and vivacious, she had all the guys sniffing round her like she was a bitch on heat. No-one got anywhere to my knowledge, she had a long term boyfriend at another university, Cambridge I think.

I remember her telling me about her first year appraisal at her shiny London agency. She went into it quite nervously, as her boss discussed her performance over the year, her strengths, areas that needed to be improved on, key result areas.

Then he turned the appraisal form over, put down his pen and looked at her pensively. "Annabel, Annabel what are we going to do with you? I know what I'd like to do, I'd like to fcuck you!" Quick as a flash, and as cool as a cucumber she shot back, "that's awfully nice of you, but I already have a boyfriend."

That was in the early eighties, I am sure it isn't like that now. She isn't either, I saw her not so long ago at a reunion and she looks like a middle aged hausfrau. I am sure she thought the same of me, mind, not the frau bit obviously.

Tempus edax rerum.

Is this a parable?
I like parables.
Or is it bollocks?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Tempus edax rerum.

Annabel is Ben White

The boss is Leeds United.

The boyfriend she stays loyal to is Brighton.

Got it, thanks.

Although an adapted parable of the prodigal son may have been more fitting...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Tempus edax rerum.

Annabel is Ben White

The boss is Leeds United.

The boyfriend she stays loyal to is Brighton.

Got it, thanks.

Although an adapted parable of the prodigal son may have been more fitting...

Yup. The only bit he missed out was how six months later Annabel ghosted in unmarked at the back post in the 96th minute and shit all over her former bosses car.

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
That’s a team that’s going down [emoji112]

If you really think that you need to get down to the bookies. You can get 4/1 at Sky Bet and William Hill.

You may have the money lying around anyway, but if not, beg borrow or steal five grand and if you are right you will have twenty large at the end of the season, plus your returned stake. Tax free.

Do it now. You could get a great second hand car with that money. Or the holiday of a lifetime in Bora Bora.

Bet £50K and you could get yourself a really nice flat or small house with your winnings somewhere in the Med. On a delightfully sunny summer evening in the sunshine on your balcony you could raise a class of chilled champagne to Leeds United. And the team you knew was going down...

Let us know how you get on.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If you really think that you need to get down to the bookies. You can get 4/1 at Sky Bet and William Hill.

You may have the money lying around anyway, but if not, beg borrow or steal five grand and if you are right you will have twenty large at the end of the season, plus your returned stake. Tax free.

Do it now. You could get a great second hand car with that money. Or the holiday of a lifetime in Bora Bora.

Bet £50K and you could get yourself a really nice flat or small house with your winnings somewhere in the Med. On a delightfully sunny summer evening in the sunshine on your balcony you could raise a class of chilled champagne to Leeds United. And the team you knew was going down...

I don't think that promoting gambling and goading someone into a bet is great behaviour, tbh.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Who's going down?

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

Still here?

Lol

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

I’d get on yourself mate. With that sort of money you could have your own whippet kennels, ferret handling trousers, pigeon coop shitty beer brewery and still have enough for and town house (with inside toilet) in your depressing little yard.

You could also fill a decent sized bath with coal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I’m going to wait until Leeds spend some money, hopefully the odds will then lengthen. 4/1 on a team from the Championship that hasn’t improved but gone backwards is printing money though imo. I will be taking a bet but keeping my powder dry for the moment

Laughable that Leeds are the same odds as the Albion

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’m going to wait until Leeds spend some money, hopefully the odds will then lengthen. 4/1 on a team from the Championship that hasn’t improved but gone backwards is printing money though imo. I will be taking a bet but keeping my powder dry for the moment

Laughable that Leeds are the same odds as the Albion

Agree with all of that.

Bielsa is a great coach and they have a few good players who will do well in the PL but overall that squad is very weak, most likely the weakest in the league. WBA at least got bags of experience and always play dull football which is usually a pretty good idea for a newly promoted side. Fulham look rather strong and I think that if they dont shit their pants like last time around they will survive.

As it stands I think Villa, Palace and Leeds are going down but really to early to make a qualified guess as much is still going to happen in the transfer window. Time is flying by though and with every day it gets more likely that i.e. Leeds has to make some really desperate moves.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree with all of that.

Bielsa is a great coach and they have a few good players who will do well in the PL but overall that squad is very weak, most likely the weakest in the league. WBA at least got bags of experience and always play dull football which is usually a pretty good idea for a newly promoted side. Fulham look rather strong and I think that if they dont shit their pants like last time around they will survive.

As it stands I think Villa, Palace and Leeds are going down but really to early to make a qualified guess as much is still going to happen in the transfer window. Time is flying by though and with every day it gets more likely that i.e. Leeds has to make some really desperate moves.

....and of course as desperation increases, so do the prices.

Tick tock.....[emoji16]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here