Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
My thoughts exactly! Having watched the Albion for 3 seasons at this level I think we are all fairly well qualified to comment on what happens when you first get promoted and how it generally pans out. You certainly have to have some PL experience or recruit accordingly and Leeds are lacking in that by a very large margin. You need to be able to defend games to scrap a point here and there, again Leeds have limited defensive options and one recognised regular centre half! I am confident that as it stands unless they suddenly get at least 5 PL experienced players in soon they will absolutely get caned! Bielsa may be a good manager but he has no PL experience, a makeshift backroom staff and hasn't signed a contract! He would have to be an absolute miracle worker to get Leeds doing anything other than struggling in the bottom 3, it's ok doing alright in an average Championship but the PL is a huge step up as we have found!!

Not to mention the shorter turn around time this season. When we were promoted we had a good period of time to assess, plan and prepare. While they seem to avoid doing any of that they would have had less time if the opted to do so anyway. It’s not looking good for them.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
The prettiest girl in my subject year at university went into advertising, Young and Rubicam as a graduate trainee. Their nickname at the time was "young and trendy cnunts."

She was an allumeuse, achingly, throbbingly hot, and very clever with it. She had a viva for a First, and that was back in the days when they really meant something. Long blonde hair, a perfect figure, tight tight clinging jeans, a sexy little smile, flauntingly flirtatious and vital and vivacious, she had all the guys sniffing round her like she was a bitch on heat. No-one got anywhere to my knowledge, she had a long term boyfriend at another university, Cambridge I think.

I remember her telling me about her first year appraisal at her shiny London agency. She went into it quite nervously, as her boss discussed her performance over the year, her strengths, areas that needed to be improved on, key result areas.

Then he turned the appraisal form over, put down his pen and looked at her pensively. "Annabel, Annabel what are we going to do with you? I know what I'd like to do, I'd like to fcuck you!" Quick as a flash, and as cool as a cucumber she shot back, "that's awfully nice of you, but I already have a boyfriend."

That was in the early eighties, I am sure it isn't like that now. She isn't either, I saw her not so long ago at a reunion and she looks like a middle aged hausfrau. I am sure she thought the same of me, mind, not the frau bit obviously.

Tempus edax rerum.

you haven't got any friends, have you

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
The prettiest girl in my subject year at university went into advertising, Young and Rubicam as a graduate trainee. Their nickname at the time was "young and trendy cnunts."

She was an allumeuse, achingly, throbbingly hot, and very clever with it. She had a viva for a First, and that was back in the days when they really meant something. Long blonde hair, a perfect figure, tight tight clinging jeans, a sexy little smile, flauntingly flirtatious and vital and vivacious, she had all the guys sniffing round her like she was a bitch on heat. No-one got anywhere to my knowledge, she had a long term boyfriend at another university, Cambridge I think.

I remember her telling me about her first year appraisal at her shiny London agency. She went into it quite nervously, as her boss discussed her performance over the year, her strengths, areas that needed to be improved on, key result areas.

Then he turned the appraisal form over, put down his pen and looked at her pensively. "Annabel, Annabel what are we going to do with you? I know what I'd like to do, I'd like to fcuck you!" Quick as a flash, and as cool as a cucumber she shot back, "that's awfully nice of you, but I already have a boyfriend."

That was in the early eighties, I am sure it isn't like that now. She isn't either, I saw her not so long ago at a reunion and she looks like a middle aged hausfrau. I am sure she thought the same of me, mind, not the frau bit obviously.

Tempus edax rerum.

Advertising in the UK had an allure to it in the eighties and nineties. Saatchi & Saatchi in particular, who were one of the few to became a household name (at that time).

We didn't really have a Hollywood so Advertising was appealing because you got to go on TV shoots and work with creative ideas. It was glamourous.

I started in 2000. Moved to a big Agency in 2001. It's so dumb looking back but I got into nightclubs by flashing my business card.

And yes a lot of young attractive women. A lot of married men cheating on their wives with these girls. But all the flings I knew of were consensual and the girls in question usually knew what they were doing. To be fair the blokes who were getting most of the action were attractive and worked in Account Management. So did the girls. Both sexes had charisma and were attractive. They were client facing and so it worked. Sex sells and all that.

The worst stories I heard were from Clients trying it on with the girls. Or directors at shoots.

The xmas parties were a riot. Just insane. But could definitely get a bit seedy.

But the US was very different. I moved over in 2005/6 (temporary then permanent). They were very corporate, with strict rules, and far less glamorous (because working in movies or TV was the really glamorous thing to do - hed to Hollywood!).

I felt sorry for my mate who is an engineer. He said his xmas parties were 100 men to every woman. Not much fun, even for a little innocent flirting and dancing etc.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
My thoughts exactly! Having watched the Albion for 3 seasons at this level I think we are all fairly well qualified to comment on what happens when you first get promoted and how it generally pans out. You certainly have to have some PL experience or recruit accordingly and Leeds are lacking in that by a very large margin. You need to be able to defend games to scrap a point here and there, again Leeds have limited defensive options and one recognised regular centre half! I am confident that as it stands unless they suddenly get at least 5 PL experienced players in soon they will absolutely get caned! Bielsa may be a good manager but he has no PL experience , a makeshift backroom staff and hasn't signed a contract! He would have to be an absolute miracle worker to get Leeds doing anything other than struggling in the bottom 3, it's ok doing alright in an average Championship but the PL is a huge step up as we have found!!

As much as I want Leeds 20/21 to be a total car crash the fact Bielsa has no PL experience may not be a factor. Potter had no PL experience. We did get lucky with the enforced break which helped stop our dreadful winless streak-hopefully Bielsa and Leeds don't get lucky.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Tempus edax rerum.

Are you lonely? You do realise this is not an online dating site?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Tempus edax rerum.

Do you have no friends in real life who you can subject your tedious rambles towards? Please take your desperate attention seeking and go away you bore.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun

Tempus edax rerum.

I think it's about time for you to **** off, you've outstayed your welcome.

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
Advertising in the UK had an allure to it in the eighties and nineties. Saatchi & Saatchi in particular, who were one of the few to became a household name (at that time).

We didn't really have a Hollywood so Advertising was appealing because you got to go on TV shoots and work with creative ideas. It was glamourous.

I started in 2000. Moved to a big Agency in 2001. It's so dumb looking back but I got into nightclubs by flashing my business card.

And yes a lot of young attractive women. A lot of married men cheating on their wives with these girls. But all the flings I knew of were consensual and the girls in question usually knew what they were doing. To be fair the blokes who were getting most of the action were attractive and worked in Account Management. So did the girls. Both sexes had charisma and were attractive. They were client facing and so it worked. Sex sells and all that.

The worst stories I heard were from Clients trying it on with the girls. Or directors at shoots.

The xmas parties were a riot. Just insane. But could definitely get a bit seedy.

But the US was very different. I moved over in 2005/6 (temporary then permanent). They were very corporate, with strict rules, and far less glamorous (because working in movies or TV was the really glamorous thing to do - hed to Hollywood!).

I felt sorry for my mate who is an engineer. He said his xmas parties were 100 men to every woman. Not much fun, even for a little innocent flirting and dancing etc.

That was certainly the way she described it. She didn't succumb to that particular boss, but the industry changed her and she became very very promiscuous.

I remember her telling me once that she had a fling with a colleague who had just got married. Unfortunately she gave him an STD (I can't remember which one now) and he gave it to his new wife. She, not surprisingly was devastated and asking some very pointed questions to which he stonewalled, just denied it. But of course she thought he was lying.

He went to see his doctor for help and he told him that with that particular STD it can lie dormant so he should tell the wife that he got it from a partner before they met and had recurred. He did this and she believed him.

That was how it was in advertising in those days, as you say...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As much as I want Leeds 20/21 to be a total car crash the fact Bielsa has no PL experience may not be a factor. Potter had no PL experience. We did get lucky with the enforced break which helped stop our dreadful winless streak-hopefully Bielsa and Leeds don't get lucky.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Even if he is the Messiah/Best Manager The World Has Ever Seen as his deluded devotees think he is, the Leeds squad doesn’t look anywhere near strong enough to avoid relegation as it currently stands. What three are worse ? Without blue and white tinted specs, how many of their squad would displace anyone in ours for example ?

Looking forward to seeing how Klopp sets up to cope with famous high-energy, high-pressing game they seem to think will have the PL quaking in it’s collective boots. They could get absolutely shredded trying it.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
That was certainly the way she described it. She didn't succumb to that particular boss, but the industry changed her and she became very very promiscuous.

I remember her telling me once that she had a fling with a colleague who had just got married. Unfortunately she gave him an STD (I can't remember which one now) and he gave it to his new wife. She, not surprisingly was devastated and asking some very pointed questions to which he stonewalled, just denied it. But of course she thought he was lying.

He went to see his doctor for help and he told him that with that particular STD it can lie dormant so he should tell the wife that he got it from a partner before they met and had recurred. He did this and she believed him.

Cool............ and this Ben white fella, is he coming or what?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Christ almighty, this thread is getting more and more like fvcking 'Take a Break'. Come to think of it, you can think of that as a magazine title, or as a suggestion.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Even if he is the Messiah/Best Manager The World Has Ever Seen as his deluded devotees think he is, the Leeds squad doesn’t look anywhere near strong enough to avoid relegation as it currently stands. What three are worse ? Without blue and white tinted specs, how many of their squad would displace anyone in ours for example ?

Looking forward to seeing how Klopp sets up to cope with famous high-energy, high-pressing game they seem to think will have the PL quaking in it’s collective boots. They could get absolutely shredded trying it.

Totally agree, They could have Bielsa, Pep and Klopp working together with that championship squad, but unless the get quality reinforcements sharpish they're going to get a rude awakening.

As it stands, I'm quite happy for their delusions of grandeur being enough for top half and their general ease about breezing it next season, to trump the reality.

By the time reality overtakes them, it will be to late. Then the fun would really start.

3 weeks to go, no manager, no quality reinforcements, just fantasies and wishful thinking......... tick tock

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

ffs what is this bollox, can you two dullard twunts pm each other.

it's only polite to spare the rest of us from this inane, ramling, random, bullshit

ta

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here