Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Freiburg played a friendly today in Austria, and Koch started.

Does he now have to self isolate for 14 days if he comes to this country.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

It depends. If he's married Koch could be self-isolating for 14 months.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003

Elite athletes are exempt from the 14 day quarantine rules as it stands.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ravellers-exempt-from-border-rules-in-england

Domestic elite sportsperson and essential support staff returning from non-exempt countries to continue their competition or training in England
You’ll need to complete the Public Health passenger locator form before you travel back to the UK.

You will not need to self-isolate, but you should observe the Stages One to Four elite sport guidance framework as published by the UK government.

You should provide written evidence from a United Kingdom or English national governing body for your sport confirming both your status as an elite sportsperson who has travelled to a non-exempt country or territory to participate in an elite sports event, and that you will be continuing those activities on your return.​

EDIT

Sorry i'm mistaken that is only for domestically based sports people who are coming back from a competition/traning overseas. New arrivals as per post below need to isolate it appears.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

yes he does. All new arrivals, including elite sports people coming form Covid affected restriction countries need to quarantine same as everyone else.

Once in an English club and part of the testing regime, they can travel with club and avoid quarantine presently, but all new arrivals must. Will be same for us too with foreign players.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Domestic elite sportsperson and essential support staff returning from non-exempt countries to continue their competition or training in England
You’ll need to complete the Public Health passenger locator form before you travel back to the UK.

How significant are the highlighted words in a case like that, potentially, of Koch, I wonder.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
How significant are the underlined words in a case like that, potentially, of Koch, I wonder.

Thats what I read, it was a sky journo quoting government regs, saying that those leaving UK can come back, those brand new, coming for first time are same as everyone else

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
How significant are the underlined words in a case like that, potentially, of Koch, I wonder.

I've edited my post as i was mistaken and the rules only apply to sports people already based here and returning from overseas competition/traning, not those arriving newly in the country. Although there will need to be further expansion of the rules for teams arriving to take part in competitions like Champions League etc so their local testing regimes are enough to allow them into the country, no doubt to bubble in a hotel, train, play the game and leave.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

I think the real question is who should we loan them when they are in the Championship in 21/22?

Their fans have done a great (free) marketing job with our Ben White. The social media campaign was top notch. Couldn't have asked for a better advertisement of our club, youth academy and our player.

It’s an interesting question and one worth exploring. I ruminated on this very subject a little while ago, “Who should we loan to feeder club Leeds next?”:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...ead.php?t=381746&share_type=t&link_source=app

I would now suggest Cashman would be a good candidate. The lads would identify with him (“he’s Leeds through and through” #freecashman etc) and would lap that up. Whilst he’s a pretty boy so also one for the ladies.

Certainly a topic worth postulating for when they return to the Championship.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I allowed myself to become quite pally with a HR Director at a firm I used to work for and had a conversation with him on a business trip after a few cold drinks.

I told him that I made it policy to keep distant because, whatever HR tell you, ultimately they will do whatever the business desires and are NEVER the honest brokers they make themselves out to be...”one day..” I said “you’ll be swinging the scythe and you’ll throw me under a bus if told to”

“No no no” says he, “it’ll never happen, you’re my friend and I’ll always look out for my mates”

Can you guess who was right?

HR is a job for utter twats IMO.

I used to work in advertising (which is how I moved to the states).
Once I reached a certain level (in the hierarchy) I was party to HR folks "plotting" various employees downfalls. They often wanted/needed me to be in on it.

They are also, in my experience at least, the biggest gossips. Nothing you say in there is confidential.

Best to bypass them if you can. HR is not your friend. And could be your enemy.

Don't agree with Killer Whale though regarding friends in business. I've had a lot of bosses and colleagues go out of their way to defend me or fight next to me, and get me jobs.
Of course they can always turn on you. But best friends and spouses can too. That's life.

If you are at the right agency with the right team Advertising can be a joy, even if the client is a nightmare.
A lot of egos and c#nts too. But you can choose your friends wisely. You can show faith in people and get the same loyalty back. It's not all doom and gloom out there.

Advertising gets a bad rap compared to other businesses. That was my experience but others may disagree.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
It’s an interesting question and one worth exploring. I ruminated on this very subject a little while ago, “Who should we loan to feeder club Leeds next?”:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...ead.php?t=381746&share_type=t&link_source=app

I would now suggest Cashman would be a good candidate. The lads would identify with him (“he’s Leeds through and through” #freecashman etc) and would lap that up. Whilst he’s a pretty boy so also one for the ladies.

Certainly a topic worth postulating for when they return to the Championship.

On the subject of young players it will be very interesting and exciting to see who Potter brings through this year.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I allowed myself to become quite pally with a HR Director at a firm I used to work for and had a conversation with him on a business trip after a few cold drinks.

I told him that I made it policy to keep distant because, whatever HR tell you, ultimately they will do whatever the business desires and are NEVER the honest brokers they make themselves out to be...”one day..” I said “you’ll be swinging the scythe and you’ll throw me under a bus if told to”

“No no no” says he, “it’ll never happen, you’re my friend and I’ll always look out for my mates”

Can you guess who was right?

HR is a job for utter twats IMO.
Completely agree. You've gotta be a special kind of scumbag to do that work.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
On TalkSHite earlier, host and his sidekick had a segment on who Southgate would pick for his next squad.

To paraphrase:

- Smalling was suggested for his performances at Roma.

- John Stones may be over looked so you’d think Tarkowski and Dunk may be considered

- The sidekick then piped up “oh, and Ben White at Leeds looks a good prospect. I was very impressed with him against Arsenal, so would be interesting to see if he’s called up.

No mention of us. I guess Ben is at Leeds still and is a Leeds player.

Top punditry.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I won't be around much longer, don't worry. The Ben White sage seems to be running out of steam, and there will soon be no reason to be on here until January next year.

My user name is nothing to do with the film, you will be surprised to learn. Back in the day I was the (somewhat portly) European HR Director of an American software company. One of the less attractive aspects of my job was that I used to have to free up a lot of employee's futures. This was a young and highly aggressive company, growing like crazy, very hire and fire so it happened a lot. It didn't make me popular, as you can imagine, I would walk down the corridor and people would shrink away almost like I was the grim reaper, in a black hood, carrying a scythe.

Anyhow I returned from a trip to Stockholm where I had had to manage out the popular Marketing Director. I would just fly in, do the deed (the Yanks called it "whacking" which was nicely tasteful, like we were in Goodfellas of something) and fly out again, I hardly spoke to anyone else there. A mate of mine at the European HQ, the CFO (who happened to be Swedish), walked into my office breezily and laughingly said, "Here he is!"

"Here's who?" I asked, mystified.

Do you know what your nickname is in the Swedish office?" he asked, pointing to my stomach, "Killer Whale."

Tl;dr

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is all starting to taste delicious. I’m really beginning tot get the feeling Leeds are going to get absolutely ROASTED next season. Please please please beat Derby’s points record. [emoji23]

It’s beginning to look like a slow-motion car crash......

-started with a championship squad
-no signings 3 weeks before the first game (against LIVERPOOL)
-best player returned to his own club
-wasted weeks of pre-season clinging to a faint hope they might sign him
-Centre forward is a carthorse
-only one recognised CB
-manager, who has a very long track record of flouncing, and never stays anywhere very long, hasn’t signed a contract
-naively showed their knickers to the market in terms of transfer fees and are now facing daft premiums as a result
-obliged to pay £20m fo a player they don’t want
-local journo feeding fan’s delusion
-fans thinking they’re going to waltz back into the PL with not a shred of humility or realism being shown, including massively disrespecting other established teams

Going to quite enjoy watching this play out.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
On TalkSHite earlier, host and his sidekick had a segment on who Southgate would pick for his next squad.

To paraphrase:

- John Stones may be over looked so you’d think Tarkowski and Dunk may be considered

- The sidekick then piped up “oh, and Ben White at Leeds looks a good prospect. I was very impressed with him against Arsenal, so would be interesting to see if he’s called up.

Top punditry.

#sofarundertheradarwedontevenexist

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

To paraphrase:

Top punditry.

Talk Sport is not fit for purpose. Seems they'd be better off in a match day pub.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove

To paraphrase:

Top punditry.
TalkSport selected Ramsdale as goalkeeper in their team of the season. Nice too see pundits look at players outside of Liverpool and City, but this selection just showed how clueless they really are as pundits.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

-only one recognised CB
-manager, who has a very long track record of flouncing, and never stays anywhere very long, hasn’t signed a contract
-naively showed their knickers to the market in terms of transfer fees and are now facing daft premiums as a result
-fans thinking they’re going to waltz back into the PL with not a shred of humility or realism being shown, including massively disrespecting other established teams

It’s a thing of beauty

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
I used to work in advertising (which is how I moved to the states).

Advertising gets a bad rap compared to other businesses. That was my experience but others may disagree.

The prettiest girl in my subject year at university went into advertising, Young and Rubicam as a graduate trainee. Their nickname at the time was "young and trendy cnunts."

She was an allumeuse, achingly, throbbingly hot, and very clever with it. She had a viva for a First, and that was back in the days when they really meant something. Long blonde hair, a perfect figure, tight tight clinging jeans, a sexy little smile, flauntingly flirtatious and vital and vivacious, she had all the guys sniffing round her like she was a bitch on heat. No-one got anywhere to my knowledge, she had a long term boyfriend at another university, Cambridge I think.

I remember her telling me about her first year appraisal at her shiny London agency. She went into it quite nervously, as her boss discussed her performance over the year, her strengths, areas that needed to be improved on, key result areas.

Then he turned the appraisal form over, put down his pen and looked at her pensively. "Annabel, Annabel what are we going to do with you? I know what I'd like to do, I'd like to fcuck you!" Quick as a flash, and as cool as a cucumber she shot back, "that's awfully nice of you, but I already have a boyfriend."

That was in the early eighties, I am sure it isn't like that now. She isn't either, I saw her not so long ago at a reunion and she looks like a middle aged hausfrau. I am sure she thought the same of me, mind, not the frau bit obviously.

Tempus edax rerum.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton

-only one recognised CB

My thoughts exactly! Having watched the Albion for 3 seasons at this level I think we are all fairly well qualified to comment on what happens when you first get promoted and how it generally pans out. You certainly have to have some PL experience or recruit accordingly and Leeds are lacking in that by a very large margin. You need to be able to defend games to scrap a point here and there, again Leeds have limited defensive options and one recognised regular centre half! I am confident that as it stands unless they suddenly get at least 5 PL experienced players in soon they will absolutely get caned! Bielsa may be a good manager but he has no PL experience, a makeshift backroom staff and hasn't signed a contract! He would have to be an absolute miracle worker to get Leeds doing anything other than struggling in the bottom 3, it's ok doing alright in an average Championship but the PL is a huge step up as we have found!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here