Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
This. Time to do one, Orca. Byeeeee.

I won't be around much longer, don't worry. The Ben White sage seems to be running out of steam, and there will soon be no reason to be on here until January next year.

My user name is nothing to do with the film, you will be surprised to learn. Back in the day I was the (somewhat portly) European HR Director of an American software company. One of the less attractive aspects of my job was that I used to have to free up a lot of employee's futures. This was a young and highly aggressive company, growing like crazy, very hire and fire so it happened a lot. It didn't make me popular, as you can imagine, I would walk down the corridor and people would shrink away almost like I was the grim reaper, in a black hood, carrying a scythe.

Anyhow I returned from a trip to Stockholm where I had had to manage out the popular Marketing Director. I would just fly in, do the deed (the Yanks called it "whacking" which was nicely tasteful, like we were in Goodfellas of something) and fly out again, I hardly spoke to anyone else there. A mate of mine at the European HQ, the CFO (who happened to be Swedish), walked into my office breezily and laughingly said, "Here he is!"

"Here's who?" I asked, mystified.

Do you know what your nickname is in the Swedish office?" he asked, pointing to my stomach, "Killer Whale."

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I won't be around much longer, don't worry. The Ben White sage seems to be running out of steam, and there will soon be no reason to be on here until January next year.

My user name is nothing to do with the film, you will be surprised to learn. Back in the day I was the (somewhat portly) European HR Director of an American software company. One of the less attractive aspects of my job was that I used to have to free up a lot of employee's futures. This was a young and highly aggressive company, growing like crazy, very hire and fire so it happened a lot. It didn't make me popular, as you can imagine, I would walk down the corridor and people would shrink away almost like I was the grim reaper, in a black hood, carrying a scythe.

Anyhow I returned from a trip to Stockholm where I had had to manage out the popular Marketing Director. I would just fly in, do the deed (the Yanks called it "whacking" which was nicely tasteful, like we were in Goodfellas of something) and fly out again, I hardly spoke to anyone else there. A mate of mine at the European HQ, the CFO (who happened to be Swedish), walked into my office breezily and laughingly said, "Here he is!"

Do you know what your nickname is in the Swedish office?" he asked, pointing to my stomach, "Killer Whale."

Before you go could you please comment on this tragedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q4_6i3iFMY&feature=emb_title

Assuming that you will be rightly so embarrassed that you will need to cut all ties with this abomination, will you now be supporting Bradford or Huddersfield?

:lolol::lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Do you know what your nickname is in the Swedish office?" he asked, pointing to my stomach, "Tw@."
Cool story

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The latest from Leeds Journalist Phil Hay.

"It’s very difficult to speak for Ben White, but from what I understand, he is keen on a move to Leeds and he does appreciate the amount of progress and the way he’s developed under Bielsa and in that season in the Championship.

“I think there’s also a feeling deep down that he has been given a chance at Leeds that wasn’t there at Brighton – and wasn’t necessarily going to be there at Brighton until he played as he did, and Brighton, in their defence, might say, ‘well, that is the proof or the evidence we needed to see that there was a definite Premier League player in there.

But they haven’t been able to extend his contract so far, they haven’t been able to raise his salary, the numbers and the figures that have been put to him have been accepted, and he does have a contract to 2022, but I think in order for there to be a feeling of commitment down there – and this isn’t to say that Brighton would feel forced into selling him – but in order for them to feel like the commitment was there, you would think that he would have to take up a new deal, and Leeds know that if he does that and he signs a new contract down there, then that transfer is absolutely dead in the water.”

Its like Hay reads Wacko, see's what their deluded morons are saying and tailors his piece based on their fans delusions to guarantee more readers. White has said himself, on camera, that it isn't Bielsa, its just his consistency. We all knew the player he could become, as did the Newport manager, we took the exact same approach wit Matt Clarke, good L1 season, next step top end championship ball playing team. Difference is Derby fans aren't entitle tossers.

This is like a desperate love letter from a blown out teenager who can't accept the love of their life has moved on.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

You could also have been The Hatchet Man, which is even less attractive. I’ve known a few of them and they are not nice people. You actually sound quite proud of yourself....again :smile:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

The Swedish word for killer whale is "späckhuggare" which roughly translates to "blubber cutter", since these whales are known for eating the blubber of bigger whales... if they called you "späckhuggaren" it could be because you are fat or have unhealthy diet, not because you are particularly dangerous..

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Waccoe is well named as it sounds like the massacre at Waco, which was also a weird cult movement. Bunch of weirdos, both.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

"It’s very difficult to speak for Ben White, but from what I understand, he is keen on a move to Leeds and he does appreciate the amount of progress and the way he’s developed under Bielsa and in that season in the Championship.

“I think there’s also a feeling deep down that he has been given a chance at Leeds that wasn’t there at Brighton – and wasn’t necessarily going to be there at Brighton until he played as he did, and Brighton, in their defence, might say, ‘well, that is the proof or the evidence we needed to see that there was a definite Premier League player in there.

But they haven’t been able to extend his contract so far, they haven’t been able to raise his salary, the numbers and the figures that have been put to him have been accepted, and he does have a contract to 2022, but I think in order for there to be a feeling of commitment down there – and this isn’t to say that Brighton would feel forced into selling him – but in order for them to feel like the commitment was there, you would think that he would have to take up a new deal, and Leeds know that if he does that and he signs a new contract down there, then that transfer is absolutely dead in the water.”
Strong contender for the shittiest piece of shitty journalism I've seen for a long time. Source 'facts' from Waccoe and re-hash in poorly written English - big in Leeds I suppose.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The Swedish word for killer whale is "späckhuggare" which roughly translates to "blubber cutter", since these whales are known for eating the blubber of bigger whales... if they called you "späckhuggaren" it could be because you are fat or have unhealthy diet, not because you are particularly dangerous..

Well, it would be a travesty if Killer Whale’s user name was changed to Spack Hugger.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Have you got a link for this article, I’ve looked on Twitter and there’s nothing on his feed?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Wow, Swanny coming out swinging with a burn [emoji1787]

Starting to get a feel for rivalries now mate?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

No one asked or gives a toss you self indulgent narcissist.

You're done, just like your pathetic attempts in the transfer market. Played out.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Well you turned up here you fat fitta and got yourself whacked everyday for fun you weirdo.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Robin Koch starting in a friendly for Freiburg this afternoon.
Transfer isn’t as close as they seem to think.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Love it. Killer Whale comes on here trying to regale us with a cool Swedish nuanced story and a Swedish Potter fan puts him back in his box :thumbsup:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

I allowed myself to become quite pally with a HR Director at a firm I used to work for and had a conversation with him on a business trip after a few cold drinks.

I told him that I made it policy to keep distant because, whatever HR tell you, ultimately they will do whatever the business desires and are NEVER the honest brokers they make themselves out to be...”one day..” I said “you’ll be swinging the scythe and you’ll throw me under a bus if told to”

“No no no” says he, “it’ll never happen, you’re my friend and I’ll always look out for my mates”

Can you guess who was right?

HR is a job for utter twats IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here