Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I have plenty of fun. I actually rate and enjoy watching our team compared the majority of NSC who seem to think pretty much each player is shit. Can't be much fun for them.
Also, assuming my gender is a bit low.

“The majority of the NSC thinks every player is shit”.

Suuuurre.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
I have plenty of fun. I actually rate and enjoy watching our team compared the majority of NSC who seem to think pretty much each player is shit. Can't be much fun for them.
Also, assuming my gender is a bit low.

But why do you have to pour cold water when people are just having a bit of fun. If you don’t like a particular thread stay off it.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He is a bit of a two-year coach. The type of überdisciplinarian that is interesting and good and produces results but in the long run gets too tiresome and demanding to play for year out year in. Leeds getting promoted might perhaps compensate for that though and while I am a bit sceptical of their chances next season I doubt he will be the issue... but it will be interesting to see what happens if things look very dire for them a few months in.

And they will also probably end the season in a poor way. In his first season at Leeds they looked really tired for the last two months and the same thing was seemingly about to happen last season when the corona break came and gave them a rest.

If you haven't watched The Edge, I'd strongly commend it to you. It's about how the England cricket team moved from 7th to 1st in the world rankings. And what happened when they got there. It acts out exactly as you suggest above.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I am not stopping anyone having any fun. I am just warning people that they are being fished by Leeds fans as well on this.

Wrong.

Anyway you’ve warned us again, after saying last week you were done with these threads...

So see you in a week when you’ll come back onto the threads you said you were done with to tell us all off again.

Or just maybe.. find a topic you enjoy? How about that?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Have you seen the amount of vitriol March, Stephens, Ryan, Webster, Montoya, Propper, Gross get!? And they are just the regular starters!!! The way people go on about them on here I am surprised we are not bottom of League 2!

Gross, March, Stephens and Montoya are regular starters?

Are you sure about that. Do you watch us play?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

With 92, 90, 99 and 52 appearances, respectively over the last 3 seasons (114 games), yes I would say that is pretty regular. Maybe you can argue Montoya is not.

Maybe? Montoya’s off mate...

No they’re not regular anymore. Certainly not last season.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
If you haven't watched The Edge, I'd strongly commend it to you. It's about how the England cricket team moved from 7th to 1st in the world rankings. And what happened when they got there. It acts out exactly as you suggest above.

Good call - watched that a few weeks ago. One of the best documentaries I've seen.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Ben White

25m with add ons. Lol. Only way we ever sell is if Ben White puts in transfer request and then he gets no sign on fee. He’s here to stay for a year.

I reckon he’s starting defensive midfield from the beginning (something I said 6 months ago on here).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Owen too, now what are we going to do for our summers entertainment.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18665806.ben-white-remains-not-sale-leeds-bid/

First we'll watch Ben White and his "agent" stir the Leeds fans into action again.

Then we'll see talk of a $27m final final final take it or leave it bid.

Then we'll see it rejected.

Then we'll see Ben White "like" a tweet by Kalvin Phillips.

Then we'll see talk of a $28m final "we're serious this time" final bid.

Then we'll see it rejected.

Then we'll wait with Bloom for the transfer window to close.

Then I guess White will fire his "agent" and sign a new contract.

If he has a good year it will be splendid.

If he's struggling we can loan him back to Leeds when they are back in the Championship 21/22.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
25m with add ons. Lol. Only way we ever sell is if Ben White puts in transfer request and then he gets no sign on fee. He’s here to stay for a year.

I reckon he’s starting defensive midfield from the beginning (something I said 6 months ago on here).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we'll flex it quite a bit. Back three and two wing backs, allowing any one of the back three to move forwards with the ball. Mainly at home.

Occasionally revert to a traditional back four with White playing defensive midfield, especially in away games where Veltman may come in at RB rather than play Lamptey.

As an old old boss of mine once said 'options are a great facilitator'. We should have plenty of them next season.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Can we rename this thread 'Barry' please. It'll dissapear like tracksuits On sale in Newcastle. . . . F91A6BDE-5E72-42C5-89E8-51AD2F4CC06A.jpeg

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He's not a defensive midfielder from what i saw in the two games he's played there in his career.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
He's not a defensive midfielder from what i saw in the two games he's played there in his career.

He played that role a lot more last season whenever Phillips was injured/banned also i gleaned from Bielsa talking on those occasions he saw that as his future position. I think the last game i saw him play for Brighton he was playing DM I could be wrong though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here