Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020
so you think he will hand in a transfer request?

No I don’t think he will...doesn’t strike you as that sort of lad but who really knows. Much will depend on his agent I guess who, whatever happens, is likely to be getting his best ever payday!

I was actually thinking more in terms of him playing for neither of our clubs as there’s still a chance someone else will get more interested as the window nears a close.

On the house point raised above, didn’t he buy that back in January under some investment company guise?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Incredible naivety from Leeds making this all public, irrespective of the nonsense on Twitter and Waccoe.

All they have done is increase his value to Brighton, irrespective of whether White wants away or not.

I guess that's 16 years out of the Premier League for you.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Also if it even came to us having to sell it wouldnt be to them.

True. Whenever they say #FreeBenWhite. We should tell them he's free go to any of these clubs:

Arsenal
Aston Villa
Brighton & Hove Albion
Burnley
Chelsea
Everton
Fulham
Leicester City
Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchester United
Newcastle United
Sheffield United
Southampton
Tottenham Hotspur
West Bromwich Albion
West Ham United
Wolverhampton Wanderers

Last edited:

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Incredible naivety from Leeds making this all public, irrespective of the nonsense on Twitter and Waccoe.

All they have done is increase his value to Brighton, irrespective of whether White wants away or not.

They've brought a lot of worldwide attention to Brighton and its magnificent youth system.

We should sell a number of Ben White shirts.

I've said this before but Leeds (fans & board) Utd's idea of negotiation is like turning up to a poker tournament, running around showing everyone your amazing hand, and then crying when you lose.

TB must be enjoying this.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Obsessed may be a better word. NSC is obsessed with Leeds. It is pretty weird to be honest.

No.

Leeds are obsessed with Ben White. We are just royally taking the piss out of them. Join in, or ignore the threads.

Not hard, is it.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

They have also made it incredibly difficult for a team to loan a player to leeds.

Unless it is a loan to sell

HeadLiner

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
No prizes for coming second, would you like to resubmit bucket mans CV?
Swings and roundabouts.

Many of our fans enjoyed our journey to the CL semi-finals and thought the memories were worth 16 years of hardship.

Not sure I'm one who subscribes to that theory given that run preceded the boardroom greed.

However, we aren't here to admire the view, we play football to compete.

HeadLiner

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
So he's good at being a runner up then. 6 titles, only 1 of them of any significant value. in 40 odd years for a manager who you claim as some kind of messiah is not good is it.
Ah, you've fallen for the media trap.

Sean Dyche, . . . ****ing shit, never wins anything.

Graham Potter, . . . ****ing shit, just survived relegation last year.

As you no doubt understand, success can be measured in many ways and there are different subplots to every story. I won't bore you with Bielsa but let's pick on Potter. If Brighton play better football under him, become an established member of the PL - without the worry of slipping into that bottom 3 - and become a more sustainable club, by trading players and bringing through your own youth . . . by your own definition, he has failed?

Pretty sure, Bloom would be delighted and most of your lot would as well . . . until greed kicks in of course and you take it for granted - see Watford, Bournemouth, Huddersfield - start to complain and demand higher expectations. Never pretty and you hanker for what you had.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
No I don’t think he will...doesn’t strike you as that sort of lad but who really knows. Much will depend on his agent I guess who, whatever happens, is likely to be getting his best ever payday!

I was actually thinking more in terms of him playing for neither of our clubs as there’s still a chance someone else will get more interested as the window nears a close.

On the house point raised above, didn’t he buy that back in January under some investment company guise?

no, (you do understand "no"?). he's only just done the paperwork :thumbsup::thumbsup:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

As you no doubt understand, success can be measured in many ways and there are different subplots to every story. I won't bore you with Bielsa but let's pick on Potter. If Brighton play better football under him, become an established member of the PL - without the worry of slipping into that bottom 3 - and become a more sustainable club, by trading players and bringing through your own youth . . . by your own definition, he has failed?

Pretty sure, Bloom would be delighted and most of your lot would as well . . . until greed kicks in of course and you take it for granted - see Watford, Bournemouth, Huddersfield - start to complain and demand higher expectations. Never pretty and you hanker for what you had.

But we aren't the ones saying our manager is a coaching god. We have a English manager who has received praise from the very top in our game.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

no one said Bielsa has been a failure. the observation is he has undue credit as a coaching mastermind, without having much to show for this. or are you arguing he is demonstrating his coaching ability by getting the current Leeds squad into the Premier League?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Is this the longest he has ever stayed at a club? Why has he never created a legacy? Genuinely interested about this. It is funny that Leeds fans say Brighton didn’t know white was good but then celebrate Bielsa when I bet a tiny proportion had heard of him. The brilliant managers are surely those who build a club in their style and keep winning.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
However, we aren't here to admire the view, we play football to compete.

Tick tock, tick tock, 23 days to your trip to Anfield. How is that squad looking? Your defence looks like it needs strengthening, the 14 day quarantine from a lot of European countries is certainly going to give your recruitment team something to think about.

It won’t be ‘competing’ come the first day of the season will it, more like ‘keeping the score down’.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Leeds fan are quite clearly the worst in the country for the many reasons we’re seeing on this and the other thread but the Bielsa criticism is wrong. He is brilliant.

I’ve spoken about what he’s done previously and the wonderful sides he’s created playing some of the best football ever seen. But have you seen the Leeds team?! To win the Championship with that group of incredibly average players is some achievement.

There are genuine reasons why the likes of Pep, Poch and many others hold in such high regard. He migh be intense and eccentric and that is why he hasn’t got the very top club jobs and then won the trophies that come with that but he is a coaching genius.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I wouldn't say so. If you look at what the clubs have said and done it seems fine. I am sure the clubs don't care about what the stupid fans say in social media really.
"Oh let's not loan a player to that club they have some idiots on social media"

The fans are not the issue,

We had an agreement with them to loan our player without any obligation to sell at the end. They have ignored this and proceeded to attempt to force the issue by publicly announcing every step of private uninvited negotiations.

RB Leipzig loaned them their player with an obligation to buy him at the end of that loan period. Leeds have reneged on that contractual obligation.

They have shown themselves to be untrustworthy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The fans are not the issue,

We had an agreement with them to loan our player without any obligation to sell at the end. They have ignored this and proceeded to attempt to force the issue by publicly announcing every step of private uninvited negotiations.

RB Leipzig loaned them their player with an obligation to buy him at the end of that loan period. Leeds have reneged on that contractual obligation.

They have shown themselves to be untrustworthy.
Yep. They have been told now on at least 4 occasions that Ben White is not for sale, but still they keep chipping away and trying to engineer a transfer.

I hope we don't deal again with them for a long long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here