Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Thatcher

Benny Zamora said:
However, the City manager does not believe Greater Manchester Police should become involved.

"Anything that happens on a football pitch should be governed by the FA and Fifa," Pearce said.

"Once you start involving the police, the floodgates can open and you could end up with a situation where players are arrested during a game."

Old Pyscho did himself no favours with his dithering reaction on Sky after the game, but he has this bit right I think.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
London Irish said:
Old Pyscho did himself no favours with his dithering reaction on Sky after the game, but he has this bit right I think.

I'm not sure he'd seen it properly and it's no doubt best for a manager to be in full receipt of the evidence and to have had time to compose his thoughts before he condemns his own player - which he has done now. Not sure what else people expect him to do.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Just watched the Stuart Pearce press conference on the BBC.

Anyone being critical of Pearce should watch it - I can see no faulting the man :clap: :clap:

larus

FFS, leave Stuart Pearce alone. The challenge was on the other side of the pitch from him, with maybe several players in the way.

He may not have been an angel, but I don't recall him as being nasty. Hard, yes, committed, most certainly, out to harm someone just for the fun of it, I don't think so.

I've just watched the news conference that Stuart Pearce gave, and he put a very eloquent case against his own player. As for him being Moronic; perhaps you should only judge someone if you know them, and not assume things from media representation.

Staurt Pearce come across as a decent, honourable man; unlike many in the game.:clap:

DJ Leon said:
I'm not sure he'd seen it properly and it's no doubt best for a manager to be in full receipt of the evidence and to have had time to compose his thoughts before he condemns his own player

That's true - but if he had simply said that he had to watch replays before commenting then no one could have said anything. But he invited ridicule by referring to it as a tackle that was a "bit mis-timed." Learning curve for the young manager I'm sure.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just watched the Thatcher incident. :nono: :nono:

He should be arrested and charged with assault before he kills someone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here